+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Quitting weed

Cool Help with Quitting weed

Hi everyone,
    I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I've been smoking weed for a year or so, on occasion. I also enjoy an occasional black and mild cigar with my friends. I know that I could stop smoking weed, given I was in the right environment. But I'm not at all...
    I literally can't go one day in school without someone coming up to me asking me if I wanna smoke sometime, or just talking about weed.
    It gets me excited, and then I find it hard to say no to things. Its such an amazing feeling, being high. It makes everything you do so much more enjoyable.
    I can't seem to recreate that feeling in anyway...

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

I've been caught by my parents several times, and that usually scares me off of it for a couple weeks, but then its just back to "its just weed, whatever" you know?
    To be surrounded by weed 5 days a week for 8 hours a day, and not do it yourself.. Especially after already trying it for the first time. That's just willpower I really don't think I have in me.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Dear Shockafter,
    Tell your friends that you no longer want to smoke pot. Keep busy and try to find new interests. Smoking pot seems great now, but if you continue to smoke it, you will lose your desire to do things for your future. It will steal your dreams because you will have none.

I wish I knew that when I was your age.

I wish you the very best.
    Please keep posting

Quote Originally Posted by Shockafter View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I've been smoking weed for a year or so, on occasion. I also enjoy an occasional black and mild cigar with my friends. I know that I could stop smoking weed, given I was in the right environment. But I'm not at all...
    I literally can't go one day in school without someone coming up to me asking me if I wanna smoke sometime, or just talking about weed.
    It gets me excited, and then I find it hard to say no to things. Its such an amazing feeling, being high. It makes everything you do so much more enjoyable.
    I can't seem to recreate that feeling in anyway...

I've been caught by my parents several times, and that usually scares me off of it for a couple weeks, but then its just back to "its just weed, whatever" you know?
    To be surrounded by weed 5 days a week for 8 hours a day, and not do it yourself.. Especially after already trying it for the first time. That's just willpower I really don't think I have in me.

Robin

Yeah I agree even “just weed” can change your behaviour in all kinds of ways that you can’t even imagine when you first start off using it, but over the years all these “subtle” changes can mount up until eventually you end up becoming a completely different person to what you could have been. Why not take a new direction and see where it leads? You can even just start off with a break and take it from there, try some new activities and see where they lead.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Quote Originally Posted by robinl555 View Post
    Dear Shockafter,
    Tell your friends that you no longer want to smoke pot. Keep busy and try to find new interests. Smoking pot seems great now, but if you continue to smoke it, you will lose your desire to do things for your future. It will steal your dreams because you will have none.

I wish I knew that when I was your age.

I wish you the very best.
    Please keep posting
    Did you ever get your dreams back? I've recently lost mine, but I haven't quit for over a month and I smoke daily. I've been smoking for 2 years and have been slowly increasing the amount I smoke since I started. I'm hoping I get mine back sometime after quitting.

You need to be careful. The feeling of the 'High' isn't going to get any better than it is now. What happened to me, and a lot of other people, is that the high feeling becomes 'feeling good' and not high becomes 'not feeling good'. Gradually it progresses to being high = feeling normal, and not being high=super grumpy.

Pay attention to your moods and your use patterns. If you can't say 'No' now, lets figure out a way to make that happen.
    John Mckee
    "I used to be a hopeless dopehead, now I am a dopeless hopehead"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMckee View Post
    You need to be careful. The feeling of the 'High' isn't going to get any better than it is now. What happened to me, and a lot of other people, is that the high feeling becomes 'feeling good' and not high becomes 'not feeling good'. Gradually it progresses to being high = feeling normal, and not being high=super grumpy.

Pay attention to your moods and your use patterns. If you can't say 'No' now, lets figure out a way to make that happen.
    I agree with JohnMckee.

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did you ever get your dreams back? I've recently lost mine, but I haven't quit for over a month and I smoke daily. I've been smoking for 2 years and have been slowly increasing the amount I smoke since I started. I'm hoping I get mine back sometime after quitting.
    I never had dreams. I smoked pot from age 11-48.
    I'll be 50 next month and just lost my mom.
    At least she got to see me clean for 1 year and 15 months...

Robin

I smoked for a number of years but never managed to properly quit until I understand how it would change my life. I used to dream about the stuff too...

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising