+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quitting Marijuana

Default Quitting Marijuana

Hey everyone. I've been smoking marijuana for the last 3-4 years everyday, I'm 21 now.

I decided I needed to detox because it started to give me a little bit of social anxiety and it's destroying my health and i'm tired of living in a daze and getting angry when I'm not high.

I usually take anywhere from 5-10 bong tokes a day with a tiny bit of tobacco mixed in. I prefer it that way.

I've always had trouble getting to sleep so that's the main reason I smoked everyday.

I tried quitting last week and I haven't been able to sleep at all, and I just don't see my sleep ever getting back to normal. I take pre workouts that have caffeine in it so that also makes sleeping much harder on top of my sleeping problem, I don't consume caffeine other then that.

I've cut down to only 1 bong toke before bed and it seems to do the trick and my lungs and everything have seem to feel a lot better so far. I'm coughing up a lot of phlegm everyday which is a good sign.

Will my brain still start returning to normal even though I'm still taking a toke before bed? My doctors have told me to try a sleeping pill or anxiety pills but that would mess with my head more then one toke before bed imo.

Now my questions are...

Will my social anxiety start going away with just one toke before bed compared to like 10 a day before.

Will my anger go away when I'm not stoned? I've already noticed it going away a little bit.

And is one toke a day bad for my lungs? I know it's not good obviously but how bad is it really?

Will my appetite start coming back also?

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hey, for me it is all or nothing. It was too hard to smoke in moderation, I tried to cut down but ended up smoking all day eventually.
    All of those things you mentioned go away with time, but it is not easy. You have to set a goal and stick to it. Trust me when I tell u, I wish I would have quit in my 2O's. It feels really good to be sober. Less paranoid, happier, more energy, better lungs-happier life!
    Pm me anytime if u need support.

Also. I've been strugglIng with sleep too, but I know it'll get better

Quote Originally Posted by ashamedmommy View Post
    Hey, for me it is all or nothing. It was too hard to smoke in moderation, I tried to cut down but ended up smoking all day eventually.
    All of those things you mentioned go away with time, but it is not easy. You have to set a goal and stick to it. Trust me when I tell u, I wish I would have quit in my 2O's. It feels really good to be sober. Less paranoid, happier, more energy, better lungs-happier life!
    Pm me anytime if u need support.
    Hey, I've found I can smoke in moderation just fine before bed, but do I need to completely quit before i start to feel better in all the things I mentioned, or is 1 toke before bed enough of a change to notice effects?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions, well I can't give you clear answers because I guess it all depends on many factors but I'll do my best.

Q. «Will my social anxiety start going away with just one toke before bed compared to like 10 a day before?»

A. Of course it will help greatly if you go from 10 to 1 joint. And by the way, congratulations for cutting down so much. The question is how long can you keep it at just 1 joint? The thing with smoking before bed is that your sleep isn't as good. It has something with affecting deep sleep; I'm no expert but I know it messes with it. So, yes, it will help but in my opinion, it would be better if you didn't smoke it right before bed. Also, keep in mind that social anxiety and pot do not go well together at all.

Q. «Will my anger go away when I'm not stoned? I've already noticed it going away a little bit?»

A. Yes, it will. I myself have never been able to keep it at just 1 joint a day, but I know that when you quit, the anger eventually goes away. Then again, you need a good night's sleep to have a good mood. But I would think that even with 1 joint, it will at least be better.

Q. «And is one toke a day bad for my lungs? I know it's not good obviously but how bad is it really?»

A. My answer on this one would be the same as yours. I would suggest you read this: http://www.cannabisquitter.com/forum...harm-reduction

Q. «Will my appetite start coming back also?»

A. Again, all I've done is quit completely so I don't know what happens when you smoke less. I know that when you quit completely, the appetite comes back with a vengeance!

One last thing, if you can, I would really suggest you stop taking any type of caffeine. It's the first thing most people who quit cut out. Just a suggestion; besides, if you do that, you'll sleep better!

I hope this helps!

Hmm I don't know why my last post didn't post.

Thanks for the reply though.

I seem to be able to keep myself busy enough throughout the day that I only think about smoking before bed, so I should be able to keep it at 1-2 bong tokes a night. I've told all my friends I quit so there's not much temptation to smoke with them anymore. i've just always had trouble getting to sleep even before I started smoking, so that's the only reason I'm not totally quitting right now.

I work out most of the caffeine in the gym so it's not too much of a problem, I'll still try and cut down on it though, it just helps a lot with long workouts.

My hunger seems to be getting better and better each day, which is a huge relief.

The first few days I sweated like crazy but that seems to have gone away.

The only noticeable withdrawals that are still bothering me are mood swings, and I get angry very easily.

How long did it take for you to start noticing your mood swings and anger to start getting better when you quit? If you had any that is, and how long did it take for it to completely go away?

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising