+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I addicted to marijuana? - Addiction test

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default help

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    In my opinion addiction is when you lose control over the drug. And it controls you. You crave the drug, and you center your thoughts on getting the drug, using the drug and getting more of the drug.
    I am a 31 year mum of 2 kids i have smoked cannabis since i was 13 i have always been like on and of it over the years i have just found out my 14 year old son is smoking skunk i felt sick when i found out i hate myself because i know he does it because i do i really want to stop for good i dont know where to start where to get help has anyone got any advice

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Default help

Hi 31year old mum really sorry to hear about your situation have you read all the post's on this cannabis rehab site i have only found this cannabis rehab site myself and i am on day 19 clean after37years and turning the corner i think please talk to hippychick i'm shore she could help regards Dale.

Hi,

If you want to talk, I'm here mate, don't hesitate to message me...either on the rehab group or privately...just wanted you to know that.

I have to say however that the people here are all very encouraging, caring and supportive and possess so much wisdom and experience...so if its something you don't feel u want to share publically...please know you can confide in me...but also know that I am one of many who want to help .. so if you post publically u gain the benefit of a myriad of truly special people!

I've been where u r and know how much that self hatred and guilt can eat away at you...just remember that you've done good things for your son as well....you're not a horrible person...u have a toxic addiction. And you can turn things around for yourself and your children..you're capable of doing it, I promise you that. Please take care of urself. Peace.
    Last edited by Drug Rehab Chick; 06-01-2009 at 09:25 AM.

d.n Cannabis Rehab Guest

Hi

It's been really interesting and humbling reading these posts and I hope to add something here. Your willingness to hear out everyone is welcoming and I hope you continue that with me.

Weed for me is not addictive. I can say this confidently after reading these posts, but that isn't to say I can't become addicted. While I may be a lot younger than some of you, and my life experiences and responsibilities pale in comparison to yours, I find myself strangely moved by them.

I've recently graduated university but now I am doing nothing. For the past 2 months I've been doing nothing and smoking a lot of weed. I get bored so I smoke. I'm afraid that I'll become addicted, afraid that it will start dictating my life. My interest and passion in my graduated field has waned and that is what scares me the most.

At the same time, I enjoy getting high. I enjoy relaxing with my friends, going skating, going surfing and all these things that seem so innocent and carefree. It's hard to convince myself that I am being destructive. Sure I can do these things without smoking, and I do sometimes, but all too often the drug has been the catalyst for some of the most memorable experiences of my life.

So am I being destructive, or can I justify smoking for the good times it creates? Am I selfish to want to have these moments at the cost of starting my career? It's a bit of an ambiguous question, one that no body can really answer for me, one that I need to reflect on myself. This whole post seems rhetoric, but I find it therapeutic to anonymously talk about it.

Feel free to do what you want with this post. Thanks for your time.

-d.n

Hi dn welcome.

Maybe the drug isn’t addictive for you, it isn’t addictive for everybody, but can be for some. The only word of caution I would say is how your interest in your graduated field has waned, a lot of people find when they spend too much time smoking the drug they lose interest in other things, especially things that don’t relate to smoking the drug and getting high. You may be ok at the moment, but I would just be aware that sometimes it can be a slippery slope, it does really creep up on some people like that and before you know it you hardly do any of the things you used to. Just something to keep an eye on.

Take care
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

I enjoyed reading everybodys replies to this post as I've been wondering whether I'm addicted lately. I used to smoke like twice a month with friends usually an ounce between a few of us for a night and that gradually got more. It's never affected my studies as I continue to get high grades but after my relationship of 4 years broke down 4 months ago I've had a really hard time getting over it and kinda used the drug as my crutch smoking it everyday until I can't think about my ex anymore. I'd like to return to the days of the drug being a social thing I did weekly at the most but feel like it's become my entire life. I seem to romanticize getting high as a great experience I should do daily but I know I'm wasting my life on it.. I still love the drug a lot and would never want it to not be a part of my life, does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do and how I can deal with the pain without weed? thanks a lot for reading

Hi I think that most people start there smoking habit the same way i know i begin by getting stoned once a week for the first six months, Then i broke my leg had heaps of spare time started smoking 24/7 now here i am 37 years later trying to beat my addiction and i wish i had never started. I am on day 47 clean went cold turkey still very depressed still have insomnia bad but my lungs feel so much better i will never go back so if you can give it up while your young please because the longer your on it the harder it is just got to take one day at a time all the best Dale.

Sven Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default I am addicted

Any smoker who is in the groove with the drug is addicted.

It gives you a hangover, like booze, a cloth head that is hard to cope with. So depression and over reactions (anger) happen, although it doesnt last long.

But smoke another and you feel normalish! And its not too bad as work is OK and at home the wife doesnt mind. But she does.

I was once asked at 11am, do you want to get high? I was stumped. No i did not want to get 'high', 'intoxicated', 'off my face'. I would have said yes to a smoke tho. No problem. Just a spliff. But it is not, to feel normal after having a spliff, the answer is to have another.

Then you are addicted, perhaps only mildly, but can you handle it??? If so great. If not, get help. Says I who have just logged on for the first time and am looking for it.

Hi Sven welcome to the forum.

Yeah I think all drugs have their price, many think that marijuana is the perfect drug and virtually side effect free, I know I did. But the reality is I don’t think such a drug exists and probably never will, they all have their price.

I think a lot of us end up feeling like we would like a smoke in the morning, which is basically getting high whichever way you look at it. When that happens it is probably time to quit.

I hope we can offer you some help, take care, thanks for sharing and please keep us posted on how it goes.

Good luck!
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Hi guys. Wanted to chime in on what d.n said as I seem to be suffering a similar problem, but a bit further along. Also just because I think this will be kinda theraputic for me.

I started smoking about two years ago with some friends. I did this VERY occassionally, but slowly it became more regular. It would still take me a week to smoke what I'd smoke now in 2 minutes, but hey. I was having a blast doing it. I don't drink, so this was great.

Not long after we had a big fight about an unrelated issue. I used to practically live at their house because I found myself bored at home. So, once I moved back home I continued to smoke very casually to cure my boredom. It's increased over the last 2 years to smoking a LOT. I also moved out of home around 6 months ago, which has again allowed me to increase in quantity. I smoke every night, and on weekends when I'm home but still maintain a (I think) successful life.

My problem is, I've recently started to question if it's turned into an addiction, or if it's still just fun. Part of me feels like if you even have to ask that question, you're addicted. When I'm not home I don't even think about it, and I spend a lot of time out. I work full time and do martial arts, weights, love the beach etc. I do none of these things while high. It kills my motivation so I can't, luckily.

Last night I tried to not smoke for the first time in a long time. I had none, and was determined to not smoke. My problem though, is that whenever I am home, I'm stoned. No matter what I'm doing. I actually found myself unable to be there without it driving me a bit nutty. Everything I did at home triggered a really negative feeling of "I wish I was high. I'm bored out of my mind." Going for a drive solved it pretty quickly, but I was amazed at the feelings of anxiety and depression I had that I only experience at home, because it is the place where I smoke.

I could keep going, but funnily enough, I think typing this out has already given me my answer.

Thanks, by the way. I think this is a really great forum.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising