+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A guide to quitting Marijuana and Hashish

Default A guide to quitting Marijuana and Hashish

Here’s some interesting information called A guide to quitting Marijuana and Hashish, from a clinic in Sweden dedicated to treating cannabis addiction. Here’s the link http://www.droginfo.com/pdf/guideuk.pdf

This bit caught my eye, I can certainly identify with feeling like that when I was using.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

“The influence of the chronic use affects the cognitive processes in such a way that you can't question or criticize your behaviour and will therefore be unable to change it if necessary. This will create a "cannabis pattern", a new identity, which is a continuous ongoing process, so the longer the use continues the stronger the cannabis pattern will grow. It is a kind of filter which filters out everything negative said about cannabis. The “cannabis pattern” contains pat answers to every effort made to convince you to detox the habit, e.g.
    Everybody smokes pot.
    I can quit whenever I want to, but I do not want to right now.
    My habit is not a problem. The safety of nuclear power is a problem. Alcohol is much more dangerous.
    Cannabis is a natural herb.
    I become creative and it enhances my artistic ability, and therefore I can go on smoking pot.
    I have many friends, who fit the description but I don’t. I’m unique. I’m immune to the negative effects.
    I have a deficit that is compensated, when I’m moderately stoned.”

All the classic arguments most of us have probably used in our time to deny that we have a problem. There are also some very good questions in relation to the effects marijuana has on the user. I could also indentify with allot of those questions. These guys seem to know a fair bit about the effects that using cannabis has and give some good advice for quitting, well worth a read.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

What a terrific link. Thanks for sharing...even 10 years later!
    John

I agree John! Very interesting

I think that it will both give people some good advice about quitting and help us to help others too. I love learning more about this addiction!

I, too, find myself being very interested in the whole cannabis addiction. I am very grateful for the wide array of information--from scientific to anecdotal. What did people do before the internet???

It is inconceivable!! Go to a library? Ask a friend? Accept ignorance? I can barely remember what it was like not to have a world of knowledge at our fingertips. It has changed our world so much!!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising