+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 90 days pot free - my experience & some tips to help ya quit for good...

Default 90 days pot free - my experience & some tips to help ya quit for good...

Hey guys,

Today is my 90th day without smoking weed after smoking daily for nearly 10 years!

I wanted to share my experience to hopefully motivate you (and to keep me on track of course).

First, that feeling of loss...

That goes away. I remember my first couple weeks without smoking it felt like my day wasn't complete
    and I was pretty depressed because of the boredom. I work at home and spend about 90% of my time alone,
    so pot was always an outlet for me. If you have a 9-5 job, that will be a huge asset for you to help you
    get through.

It also helps to find ways to fill up your time with physical activity. I started going back to martial arts
    after quitting and that has helped a lot. Find other things to focus your mind into. There's some sort of saying
    about idle hands and the devil - that's definitely true when it comes to quitting smoking.

Second, your old pot smoking buddies... ditch 'em.

I hate to say it, but after quitting it's opened my eyes to the people who were using me to smoke them up.
    Some of these people I considered my best friends - kids I've known since high school who I hung out with
    nearly every day until quitting. Sure enough, when I stopped smoking and stopped providing weed, they
    stopped wanting to hang out.

Also, whenever I go around people who I used to smoke with, the first thing they try and do is get me
    to smoke again. Some will even wait until I'm really drunk to ask me... and I've almost caved a couple times
    because of it too. Something about being around them would remind me of that old cheery feeling I would get
    while hanging out high with them all and being goofy as hell, stoned out of our minds.

Something that I also realized is that a lot of my pot smoking buddies are energy vampires.

Not trying to brag, but I'm the most successful person out of everyone I know. And it seems that a lot of my
    pot smoking buddies feed off my positive energy. They're all negative about everything in life... yet they always
    talk a huge game and tell me all this drama bullshit in their lives almost like they want me to be like "YEAH YOU'RE
    AWESOME! TELL ME MORE!". Somehow they use me to boost their ego or something. I know it sounds crazy...

Anyway, since pot smokers are mostly negative people who run away from their problems, they latch on and
    suck away any positive energy out of you like a leech. Soon, you begin thinking and acting like them... And soon,
    you will become negative too.

There's a saying that goes something like the 5 people you spend the most time with are who you become. It's true.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

After cutting these people out, my positive energy has increased 10 fold.

My ambition is also starting to finally come back...

I'm starting to feel a lot better and way more positive about life.

And I'm getting back into building up my business and am motivated to take it to $1 million per year this year!

Anyway, good luck... take the leap... don't tell yourself "just 1 last gram..." or "just 1 last day..." quit smoking and never look back.
    It gets better, but it takes time... I won't lie to ya about that.

If you need help or suggestions/questions, comment here - I am happy to give you my input.

-DanAnonymous
    Last edited by DanAnonymous; 04-11-2013 at 03:54 AM.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi there Dan... first, let me tell bro that is like I´m looking to myself in 3 months from now with your tale.

I really liked to read your post; I completly understand what you passed thru and I agree with the the whole friendship thing..

Anyways... will follow this post now on.

I´m on my 4th day and I´m going nuts, I also works at home so I have to fill my free time with different things, I started working out yesterday at the gym, I´ll see if that helps.

I have tried to quit before in the past, pretty much like over 20 times already. NO LUCK longest period was almost a month.-

I´m from Argentina and been an smoker for over 10 years too.

I will wait until day 15th or so to start my own thread and tell my history.

thanks a lot for sharing.

Keep it up bro..

hey DanAnonymous....this is my billionith time iv quit and Im really sick of sounding like a broken record. Iv acheived so much in my life considering my dysfunctional begginning in life, but now iv hit a fork in the road. I know pot is holding me back from any real success in my life, and in order to get everything i dream about i need to kick this dirty habit once and for all. im starting to see the thing you said about friends. everytime i quit for a reasonable amount of time, one of my pot buddies will call me and ask if i want any, and i will say no, then they coax me into coming over and end up smoking and being right back at square one! the last time i relapsed was because i got offerred 3grams for free! its like misery loves company and god forbid you would leave there miserable shit to find a better life without ****ing pot. please i want to know when will it all stop???!!!! when will i just be me again??? will i ever wake up and not think about constantly throughout my day??? will i ever find the strength to say no to temptation?? Spanna

CapT Cannabis Rehab Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spanna View Post
    im starting to see the thing you said about friends. everytime i quit for a reasonable amount of time, one of my pot buddies will call me and ask if i want any, and i will say no, then they coax me into coming over and end up smoking and being right back at square one! the last time i relapsed was because i got offerred 3grams for free! its like misery loves company and god forbid you would leave there miserable shit to find a better life without ****ing pot. please i want to know when will it all stop???!!!! when will i just be me again??? will i ever wake up and not think about constantly throughout my day??? will i ever find the strength to say no to temptation?? Spanna
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAnonymous View Post

Second, your old pot smoking buddies... ditch 'em.

-DanAnonymous
    I think you already know the answer my friend... If you have genuinely told them that you want to quit and they try to get you to smoke...are those friends?

Even IF they are people you want to hang out with once you get sober I would take a long break from hanging out with them until you have the self control to say no. There is no way you can go wrong with Dan's above advice, but if you choose the other route to keep hanging with them it will continue to be very easy to 'keep on keeping on'. Think deeply you probably know whats right. I wish you success Spanna!
    Last edited by CapT; 04-12-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default 83 days

Hey been 83 days today and had to drop my old smoking buddies because they don't want to move on the emotions you go through are everything you've ever put on hold but stay strong I used cigs to start with when I had an urge then quit the cigs about two months later trust that you will make it through and eventually you will best advice avoid anyone who smokes it don't allow yourself to be around it I know it tempts me so I avoid it good luck trust in God and have faith in yourself your probably a great person become who you want to be. Also you feel so confident and strong when you walk without it in your life even if you have to walk alone. Bless MAB

Radar Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Keep pushing!

Hey, Dan. I'll be at my 90 day mark in five days and had this all of a sudden urge to smoke thinking, "I should treat myself", but then Googled "90 days without pot" and found your post. Everyone: everything Dan said is true. The first few weeks are hell and the urges are really bad but, if you occupy yourself with healthy activities, whether by yourself or with positive people, you can do it! I've taken up basketball again, which I always use to play before I starting smoking pot, and it's made a world of difference. When I feel the urge to smoke, I lace up, grab my ball, and head to the courts- for me, basketball has helped clear my head, think about my life, my loved ones, and what I want to achieve in life. Lastly, Dan couldn't haven't put it any better: ditch your pot smoking buddies. At first, my old smoking friends said they respected my decision, but the repeated "temptations" and attempts to pressure me showed me that they really didn't. I feel that their lives are stagnant and they wanted me to be stagnant with them too.

Dan- thanks for your post! Everyone: keep pushing! I don't know any of you, but you found Dan's post because, deep down, you want to be a better person and change your life- you can do it!

Onthefence Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Forced to quit

Hi all. Approaching 90 days as well. I had to quit as I am looking for a new gig and in my field a pre employment drug test is likely. I think my situation may be a lil different. Tho I do have smoking buddies I was always the one who smoked the most and was a daily smoker. So all of my friends have been super supportive. For the most part I view myself as successful but I do wonder how I much more or better I could be if I was weed free. I can say that there have been a lot of good things about this 'break'. But I do miss it. Not all the time but some of it. I really don't enjoy alcohol as much because I always drank and smoked together. But there are benefits many of which can be found by a Google search. But I am on the fence about smoking again after I settle into a new job. It's been 30 years since I've gone this long without weed. I am very torn. Part of me wants my old life style back and another part wants to just quit forever. Anyways I found this post and thought I would chime in.

Hi and welcome,

I must say I really find it hard when someone is in your situation to side with any kind of pressure which is forcing you to quit, I personally think there are loads of great benefits to quitting but as a strong libertine and live and let live type person IMO it must be your choice, I really do believe you have as much right to use it as not use, especially if we are going to live in a society which tolerates the use of alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, etc, I know the whole hypocrisy of society is the classic pro pot type argument but at the end of the day you can't get away from the fact that in fairness it is true and while normally none of this would have much relevance if the person was wanting to quit for them selves if it's a situation whereby they are being forced then that changes things a great deal.

I live in a country where we don't have the kind of standardized drug testing that you do and I try to make sure that the whole ethos of this rehab group is orientated around being here because we all want to quit, so it's a little tricky in many respects really for us to help people in your kind of situation. The only rule I have ever said this group has is that you want to quit, even if you are still using, just the desire that's it, so like I say you can see how it's much more difficult to support someone when they don't and are merely being forced by some oppressive force, I actually don't think it works in the long term anyhow unless the person truly wants it for themselves but anyhow.

However I entirely sympathize with your situation and don't have the heart to turn people in your position away either, lets face it you are being shat on enough and I am happy for you to use our site and rehab group if you feel it will help you and if you are still going to stick with the quitting thing then there's no doubt it will be easier for you if you can change your mindset a little more in favor of quitting, I am just thinking of making life easier on yourself really, perhaps if you write down all the reasons you can think of why you would like to quit and rehab for good and try and focus on these reasons whenever you feel the need it may make it easier on yourself and less of an ordeal.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

Default relax

The best thing I have come across is the amino acid (protein) called l-theanine.
    It helps you to relax. You can buy capsules to take or drink MATCHA green tea which has a higher ratio of theanine to caffeine.
    You need 200mg to 400mg per day 1 hour b4 bed. It's hard to get that amount from the MATCHA tea so I suggest buying capsules for night time and drinking tea during the day. It must be Matcha green tea in powdered form and you have to whisk it for 1 minute to release the compounds that you need. Alternatively you can just put a teaspoon of the powder into a smoothie.
    It makes you relaxed yet focused.

Default Thanks everyone

Hi guys been reading a hell of alot of info to do with all of this today. Me and my partner quit yesterday and i just feel hopeless. I have moments of happiness and then can get so completely depressed, start to tear up and have crazy thoughts. Were on holidays atm, it was the only way to get away from it and not smoke it. Im even sitting here as a write this wanting to pack up, go home and grab a Quart. My partner has been in bed vomiting today which she has done in the past when weve tried to quit but i believe its a psychological thing bringing her to a physical sickness. I am so scared and excited at whats to come. Thank you all who posted. I really do appreciate how many people have taken time to log their experiences and tips. Everything has made me feel more hopeful for us. Going off everybodys exp. I think the best way is to stay positive, eat healthy and try to get active. Thank you again

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising