+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Did you lose weight when you quit smoking pot?

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default OMG i fetlt the same way every single think

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I was looking on the internet as I was concerned about my weight loss, I had packed in the weed 4 weeks ago due to the fact I had had the worst experience of my life! I have smoked weed on and off for over 30 years but in the past year or so, I had smoked it to excess partly due to being stressed and generally because I was greedy and just wanted more. What I had not realised was that the stuff you get these days is so much stronger and without realising that it was having an adverse effect on me physically and mentally. I went to our friend's (smoker's too) one evening with my partner, (also a smoker), had a lovely meal with a couple of glasses of wine, nothing unusual happening just enjoying a nice social evening together. We all had a smoke after dinner and I suddenly started to feel weird, tingling all over and my head was buzzing, but not in a very nice way. I started to go into panic mode as I felt nauseous, was sweating and felt like I was going to pass out! I did realise I was having a 'whitey' which I had had before but never quite this bad. It lasted for about 15 minutes and all I wanted to do was go home and lie down, praying it would pass as I really believed I was going to die. It did pass after my lovely friends & partner sat me down, sponged me down with a cold towel and reassured me that I would be ok. Needless to say, it scared me to the point that I made a promise to myself that I would never ever smoke the weed again, I cannot even stand the smell of it anymore and got rid of what stuff I had left. My partner has also packed it in and althought the withdrawal symptoms were very unpleasant, they soon subsided and we both feel amazing! Got loads of energy and we do so much more activities together and are enjoying our new lease of life! On a closing note, when I was having my 'whitey', my thoughts were for my 3 children and 2 beautiful grandsons and how much love I felt for them, I didn't want to die and I made myself a promise to enjoy what I life I have left. It changed me forever and I wanted to tell my story to encourage others to do the same, life is wonderful and we don't need these drugs to get us throught it....peace, love and happiness to all! (from a 60 year old granny!
    OMG i feel the same way want to share my story too lost weight everything i felt the same holy ****!! everything

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Inovake Cannabis Rehab Guest

I lost 8lbs in a week after stopping. I lost a lot of my appetite and have been really sweating a lot more at the gym

Quote Originally Posted by Inovake View Post
    I lost 8lbs in a week after stopping. I lost a lot of my appetite and have been really sweating a lot more at the gym
    Congrats on stopping and good luck with things. Your appetite will come back so losing weight and your appetite is not a bad thing unless you are already very lean and cannot afford to lose weight.

FYI: The American Psychiatric Association recognizes cannabis withdrawal in its latest diagnostic manual, the DSM-5. One of the symptoms they list for cannabis withdrawal is "reduced appetite".
    The other symptoms are....
    •Anger, irritability or aggression
    •Nervousness and anxiety
    •Insomnia or other sleep difficulties (vivid dreams)
    •Restlessness
    •Depressed mood
    •Physical symptoms causing significant discomfort, like shakiness, headaches, fever, sweating, chills or abdominal pains

Hi Inovake

Congratulations on quitting!

I have lost about 25 pounds since I quit on January 1. I had pretty much zero appetite for the first month. I would nibble at stuff at mealtime. It gradually improved. I totally needed to lose weight so it's a good thing. I also have stopped drinking alcohol which helped as well.

Trouble with body temperature regulation is a typical symptom. From what I read on here, most people experience sweating, especially at night. I was freezing all Winter long. And I live in a place with mild Winters--it never freezes. But I was bundled up all night long and during the day to a point.

Contrary to what I just said, I do find myself sweating more at the gym. Not all the time but some of the time.

Hang in there! It does get better.
    John

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Thanks Granny

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I was looking on the internet as I was concerned about my weight loss, I had packed in the weed 4 weeks ago due to the fact I had had the worst experience of my life! I have smoked weed on and off for over 30 years but in the past year or so, I had smoked it to excess partly due to being stressed and generally because I was greedy and just wanted more. What I had not realised was that the stuff you get these days is so much stronger and without realising that it was having an adverse effect on me physically and mentally. I went to our friend's (smoker's too) one evening with my partner, (also a smoker), had a lovely meal with a couple of glasses of wine, nothing unusual happening just enjoying a nice social evening together. We all had a smoke after dinner and I suddenly started to feel weird, tingling all over and my head was buzzing, but not in a very nice way. I started to go into panic mode as I felt nauseous, was sweating and felt like I was going to pass out! I did realise I was having a 'whitey' which I had had before but never quite this bad. It lasted for about 15 minutes and all I wanted to do was go home and lie down, praying it would pass as I really believed I was going to die. It did pass after my lovely friends & partner sat me down, sponged me down with a cold towel and reassured me that I would be ok. Needless to say, it scared me to the point that I made a promise to myself that I would never ever smoke the weed again, I cannot even stand the smell of it anymore and got rid of what stuff I had left. My partner has also packed it in and althought the withdrawal symptoms were very unpleasant, they soon subsided and we both feel amazing! Got loads of energy and we do so much more activities together and are enjoying our new lease of life! On a closing note, when I was having my 'whitey', my thoughts were for my 3 children and 2 beautiful grandsons and how much love I felt for them, I didn't want to die and I made myself a promise to enjoy what I life I have left. It changed me forever and I wanted to tell my story to encourage others to do the same, life is wonderful and we don't need these drugs to get us throught it....peace, love and happiness to all! (from a 60 year old granny!
    Same thing happened to me Granny. I was smoking all day. I've smoke for 15 years steadily working my way up to 4-5 blunts a day out of stress mostly. My husband with a surprising, crazy look and say "you want more?" I would keep smoking. Then I started to get dizzy and a sick feeling with sweats. Just like you I would pray it would pass. I didn't know anything about a whitey during this time. I was barely eating too, but I drank a lot of soda and sweet tea. I am self employed. I smoked when I got up. No food, no drink nothing. Weed was my breakfast. I would smoke back to back for hours with no food. I had to move apartments so I believe that's the only thing that interrupted my everyday smoking routine. I really wanted to smoke I just couldn't break my routine. Anyways, 2 weeks smoke free now. I took this drink 16oz drink QCarbo16 and that really gave me the jumpstart I needed. I had to drink water with this drink. I believe rarely drink water. I know that I'm dehydrated. My appetite is still poor. I only feel good when I eat light, tasty food like salads, sushi, fish and fruit. Basically fresh food. I ate so much fried food while smoking that my body doesn't want it now. I have also lost 10lbs in 2.5 weeks. It's a lil scary. At times I began to wonder if I am sick. I'm so glad I found these posts. I've always been active, but the last 5 years were so stressful for me that I sat and smoked most of the time. I plan to start working out again next month to build muscle and get stronger because I am so weak now. I get tired carrying a load of groceries. In 15 years I've only stopped smoking for 2 years total at the most. I've also wasted a lot of time. Thanks Granny.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising