+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Did you lose weight when you quit smoking pot?

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Weight Loss After Quitting Smoking

I quit smoking weed a week ago and have lost 15lbs so far. Havenít changed my diet much either, or lifestyle, which is far from laborious.

Ethandyer Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Weed

Iíve lost 12 pounds in under a day after I quit marijuana. These Withdrawals are very annoying and messing me up as a person. Iíve also been thinking abt suicide lately a lot. Iím trying my best to quit man. Just hope I can get there

Quote Originally Posted by Ethandyer View Post
    Iíve lost 12 pounds in under a day after I quit marijuana. These Withdrawals are very annoying and messing me up as a person. Iíve also been thinking abt suicide lately a lot. Iím trying my best to quit man. Just hope I can get there
    Hey there

I lost weight over the course of the first month, but your weight loss sounds very extreme.
    And suicide thoughts are never a good thing.
    Please reach out to you doctor for some help.

John

Default Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Ethandyer View Post
    First time Iíve ever been on this site and couldnít scroll past this post without replying. I promise you withdrawals donít last very long, and if you need motivation to keep going on the quitting track just think in a few weeks youíll be through it and never have to go through it again. If youíve been thinking about suicide then please please talk to someone, cliche I know but Iíve been there and it really helps, you begin to realise that a lot of these crazy thoughts and negative feelings that you canít get out of your head are really just Ďin your headí. Once you let it and hear yourself saying these things out loud you find that you begin to think about it in a different way. Honestly I donít know you but if you want to hit me up on Facebook and talk Iíll be there. The thing thatís always stopped me from killing myself wasnít my friends or family. It was the fact that Iíve come this far, if I give up now then what a waste of time my entire life has been. Thereís always a laugh around the corner and itís worth living for, death is too final. With life you always have a chance of turning that corner and even finding happiness in the smaller things in life. Good luck and stay strong

You guys are about three weeks behind me, and yes it’s a weird hell - truly, but as bad as you feel now, you’ll feel that good in a couple of weeks when you come out the other side. The bits of the brain receptive to cannabis have to totally reset and depending on the individual you’ll feel bloody weird sporadically for a while. Just think of all the discomfort as the body healing itself - which is actually what’s happening.

But I really feel like I turned the corner last few days. Better mood, more energy, hunger is back and so is my brain (and though I still can’t sleep well, I’ll trade that for the extra energy). You’ll get there, I promise. Just try to eat small meals regularly, keep it bland, vitamin c, d, and multi-vits and avoid heavy carbs. I barely ate first week (lost 25lbs overall...), but my weight is coming back now. My only regret is that I didn’t quit sooner. Not sure I even enjoyed it towards the end. Just a big moronic haze of empty.

Wish I’d found this site in my first two weeks. So good to know we’re not alone, so if you guys want to chat or just vent, I’m here to talk (as are many others)! Keep you’re heads up!

Default I lost 15 lbs so far

I quit 3 weeks ago, and started to pick up a healthier lifestyle since I realize I was at my heaviest. I lost 8 pounds in the first 4 days and with the combination of working out and eating right I lost another 7 pounds. Now Iím just waiting to see how much in total Iíd lose in this month.

Default Day 96

I'm 3 month in and by the start of the second month I had lost 35lbs. It has been locked at the same weight since. I am obese and lost the weight because of stress and eating a bit better now because im not stoned and ordering pizza every night. I cut out soda and juice and make sure to eat a damn salad everyday

Unregistered_ Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default I'm losing a bunch of weight fast

I'm 18 and I just got diagnosed with CHS so I had to quit smoking no ifs ands or buts. In the last 2 weeks I've lost 20 pounds.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Default Hidration helps but im also Losing weight

This is my 3rd time quitting, last time i quit i went 6 months without it, then smoked once a day for 1.5 years and here im 2 weeks today without weed. Now i must say my first 2 withdraws were very tough, i lost weight, sweated a lot at night, dealt with a lot of anxiety, but this time it has been different.

Im not feeling these side effects as much, and whats different this time dor me is my water intake. Ive been drinking a lot of water for 3 months now, i started forcing myself to drink more and more, now i cant go long without water so i carry a bottle everywhere i go all day long.

I believe this has made a difference, im hidrated and maybe this has helped with headaches, irritability, etc. Exercise would probably help even more but i am not there yet! I have a 12hr office routine daily and no exercises.... (bad).

But i am losing weight fast, half pound per day consistently and here and there sometimes more than a pound a day. I went from 235 to 204 in 2.5 weeks. It scares me as im tall and thin.

Im now looking into high caloric diets, but trying to keep it healthy. (Ill have a popeyes once in a while)

Drink water folks! Our body must be pushing stuff out in any way it can and if you're constantly peeing, that must be a way to eliminate the toxins stored in your fat like thc does, and it could soften other effects.

Glad to read these experiences and relate!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising