+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Did you lose weight when you quit smoking pot?

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Day Discomfort (1-5)
    1 3.0
    2 3.0
    3 4.5
    4 4.0
    5 2.0
    6 3.5
    7 3.0
    8 1.0
    9 3.0
    10 3.5
    11 2.5
    12 1.0
    13 3.5
    14 1.0
    15 3.0
    16 1.5
    17 1.0
    18 1.5
    19 1.0

My winning streak continues. In about a week I'll start the urine testing with the home test kits. They seemed to accurately agree with the science of THC lingering in our systems for over a month. Previous experience suggests that for me, it's around 40 days before I start testing negative. Your mileage may vary.
    Day Discomfort (1-5)
    1 3.0
    2 3.0
    3 4.5
    4 4.0
    5 2.0
    6 3.5
    7 3.0
    8 1.0
    9 3.0
    10 3.5
    11 2.5
    12 1.0
    13 3.5
    14 1.0
    15 3.0
    16 1.5
    17 1.0
    18 1.5
    19 1.0
    20 3.0
    21 1.0

As I expected. No need to keep this discomfort "table" going. I'm past the worst in terms of withdrawal. Now the urine test results, on strips that detect 50 ng/ml or more:

Day Result
    21 Positive

Smile

As I expected. No need to keep this discomfort "table" going. I'm past the worst in terms of withdrawal. Now the urine test results, on strips that detect 50 ng/ml or more:
    Day Result
    21 Positive
    22 Positive
    23 Positive
    24 Negative !!

Previous experience after pushing it to the limit with daily vaping plus ingesting edibles and oil extracts (approximately 30 mg THC/ml) for 6-12 months had me testing above 50 ng/ml for 43 days after stopping. The negative result doesn't mean my body is free of THC and or it's metabolites. It just means it's dropped below the detection limit of the test strips I have. No doubt, it will be a lot longer to get rid of it completely. I think the 50 ng/ml limit is the limit used by most employers, and that's why the test strips don't go lower.

My point? The more you take, and the longer you take it, is certainly a huge factor in getting it out of your system. I'll try another test in a few days, but experience tells me once you test negative, you won't move back into the positive again. Think about it. Even getting wiped nightly for a few months makes this crap linger in your system for well over 3 weeks. I like scientific evidence rather than guesswork, and this is the best evidence I have. Remember, there are a lot of factors involved, and everyone is different. I do hope I never relapse, and to misquote The Terminator movie line, "Weed, I WON'T be back!"

Smile

Day Result
    21 Positive
    22 Positive
    23 Positive
    24 Negative !!

Previous experience after pushing it to the limit with daily vaping plus ingesting edibles and oil extracts (approximately 30 mg THC/ml) for 6-12 months had me testing above 50 ng/ml for 43 days after stopping. The negative result doesn't mean my body is free of THC and or it's metabolites. It just means it's dropped below the detection limit of the test strips I have. No doubt, it will be a lot longer to get rid of it completely. I think the 50 ng/ml limit is the limit used by most employers, and that's why the test strips don't go lower.

My point? The more you take, and the longer you take it, is certainly a huge factor in getting it out of your system. I'll try another test in a few days, but experience tells me once you test negative, you won't move back into the positive again. Think about it. Even getting wiped nightly for a few months makes this crap linger in your system for well over 3 weeks. I like scientific evidence rather than guesswork, and this is the best evidence I have. Remember, there are a lot of factors involved, and everyone is different. I do hope I never relapse, and to misquote The Terminator movie line, "Weed, I WON'T be back!"

Day Result
    21 Positive
    22 Positive
    23 Positive
    24 Negative !!
    25 Positive
    26 Inconclusive
    27 - 35 No testing
    36 Negative
    37 Negative
    38 Negative

It lingers.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

I've been quit 3 months after 20 years of daily smoking. I've put on a lot of weight say nearly 2 stone. I hardly ate when I used weed. My diet is far better and healthier now but feeling very tubby. I'm sure I'll figure it out how to lose it again but for now am just proud of what I've achieved in quitting

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've been quit 3 months after 20 years of daily smoking. I've put on a lot of weight say nearly 2 stone. I hardly ate when I used weed. My diet is far better and healthier now but feeling very tubby. I'm sure I'll figure it out how to lose it again but for now am just proud of what I've achieved in quitting
    Gaining weight can be tough. It might take longer for your digestion and metabolism to sort itself out. Or, maybe you were underweight as you said you ate very little while using?

Good luck with it!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising