+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did you lose weight when you quit smoking pot?

Default Did you lose weight when you quit smoking pot?

Hey All,

Just wondering if any of you experienced weight loss when you quit smoking weed?

If you did, how much did you lose approximately and how long did it take for the weight to come off?

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

CapT Cannabis Rehab Guest

For me I have actually gained a little fat lol! From emotional eating and also because cant do much exercise.

I would think it depends on each person. Some start eating really healthy after they quit which is great because I think reducing sugar and junk food reduces cravings too so they probably would lose weight. Also less munchie sessions from being high ha. Some may eat more because they are bored.

Sounds about right. I started working out when I quit- nothing too crazy...

Each morning:

60 jumping jacks
    30 pushups
    30 pull ups
    80 crunches

Its not a crazy workout but enough to get me sweating and tear my muscles up a bit. I think in a couple weeks I'll start going down to the gym in my apartment complex.

I have noticed since quitting that I'm eating a lot less, so hopefully I can drop a few pounds.

I will update this thread with any weight loss I experience

I'be lost 10 pounds since quitting on May 1st, the first couple of weeks I was an emotional mess and I just didn't have an appetite, I forced myself to eat a breakfast lunch and dinner though because I wanted to lose weight, and if you eat nothing at all it works against the weight loss goal. I've been eating healthier, and I've been trying to going to the gym daily, on the days I go to the gym I seem to sleep a lot better that night. The weight seems to be melting off, I think quitting has been a big part in that, I don't eat stoner snacks, I don't eat as much and I have more energy to exercise.

Thanks DianeMichelle. I just noticed a 6 pound loss after hopping on the scale today. I'm also eating a LOT less than I was eating when I was stoned all the time. I'm more active and I think the combination of less food and being more active is helping with the weight loss. I'm hoping it melts off at the same pace as yours! Good Luck and let me know how things progress for you.

Happy to hear about your weight loss, I will keep you posted. I'm thankful for this website, I'm finding my weekends are the days that may be a problem, there are more opportunities to be bored, but I'm proud of myself for resisting temptation this weekend, things are getting easier. Good luck to you too!

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

I lost 10 pounds since I quit... No munchies it helps a lot.

Hello to all, after one year of quitting, I gained 15kilos...Conclusion: you have to quit together with getting diet and exercise!

leopardqueen323 Cannabis Rehab Guest

For me, i quit smoking pot about 2 months ago and i was a daily smoker...about 5 times a day. And i ve lost about 12 lbs. No more munchies and more energy. Lovin it!😊

I was looking on the internet as I was concerned about my weight loss, I had packed in the weed 4 weeks ago due to the fact I had had the worst experience of my life! I have smoked weed on and off for over 30 years but in the past year or so, I had smoked it to excess partly due to being stressed and generally because I was greedy and just wanted more. What I had not realised was that the stuff you get these days is so much stronger and without realising that it was having an adverse effect on me physically and mentally. I went to our friend's (smoker's too) one evening with my partner, (also a smoker), had a lovely meal with a couple of glasses of wine, nothing unusual happening just enjoying a nice social evening together. We all had a smoke after dinner and I suddenly started to feel weird, tingling all over and my head was buzzing, but not in a very nice way. I started to go into panic mode as I felt nauseous, was sweating and felt like I was going to pass out! I did realise I was having a 'whitey' which I had had before but never quite this bad. It lasted for about 15 minutes and all I wanted to do was go home and lie down, praying it would pass as I really believed I was going to die. It did pass after my lovely friends & partner sat me down, sponged me down with a cold towel and reassured me that I would be ok. Needless to say, it scared me to the point that I made a promise to myself that I would never ever smoke the weed again, I cannot even stand the smell of it anymore and got rid of what stuff I had left. My partner has also packed it in and althought the withdrawal symptoms were very unpleasant, they soon subsided and we both feel amazing! Got loads of energy and we do so much more activities together and are enjoying our new lease of life! On a closing note, when I was having my 'whitey', my thoughts were for my 3 children and 2 beautiful grandsons and how much love I felt for them, I didn't want to die and I made myself a promise to enjoy what I life I have left. It changed me forever and I wanted to tell my story to encourage others to do the same, life is wonderful and we don't need these drugs to get us throught it....peace, love and happiness to all! (from a 60 year old granny!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising