+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Writing a journal to help myself quit

Default Writing a journal to help myself quit

Hi I am a marijuana addict and I'm here to share what I'm going thru.. and not to mention to kill the craving I'm having. I've been smoking since I was 15. I've always grew up disliking drugs and never understood why people used them until my best friend at the time pressured me. At first I only socially smoked but as time progressed it became a self habit. 8 years later it has become an addiction. From a hit a week has turned into smoking about 3 blunts a day. Not to mention selling to support my habit.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

My friends and I had always championed marijuana for its zero overdose rate and ranked it as top drug of choice but no one has ever told me of how addicting it can be. On paper (in different research studies) marijuana seems harmless but I think that illusion of harmlessness is the culprit.

These past few months have been so difficult to stay clean since that is the only activity my friends and I do, I've basically had to isolate myself from them. As much as I want to spend time with my friends I see myself going no where with this drug. It's been two days (yeah I know, that's nothing) and I want to smoke so bad but I know I'm stronger than that.

So feel free to encourage or troll on my successful two days of being clean.. Either way I'm here to stop. Thanks for reading

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Here's my second post for the third day of being clean. I find this rehab group to be a big help whenever I have a craving. Instead of lighting up a fatty I pull my phone out and start typing away. It def helps to distract yourself from those thoughts.

Music has always been a big part of my life. this song by macklemore - otherside sums up drugs in a very realistic way. Stealin' and takin' anything to fix the pieces inside
    Broken, hopeless, headed nowhere
    Only motivation for what the dealer's supplying
    That rush, that drug, that dope
    Those pills, that crumb, that roach
    Thinkin' I would never do that, not that drug
    And growing up nobody ever does
    Until your stuck,
    Lookin' in the mirror like I can't believe what I've become
    Swore I was goin' to be someone
    And growing up everyone always does
    We sell our dreams and our potential
    To escape through that buzz

He talks about how rappers these days don't understand how they effect their audience which is evident in most hiphop artist today

Hello FireFaux.

Journaling is a great way to focus your thoughts and get them all out of your head. I've done it for years and always fall back on it when things get overwhelming in life. I'm not really big in confiding family problems, so it is like a release valve for me. Sometimes I would write pages and pages and then rip them up and throw them away. There is something cathartic about that.

Congratulations. You're doing great!

Thanks Kerrie! It puts a smile on my face to see some support. This rehab group has been awesome in helping me quit, every time I get a craving. I'm on my fifth day. Im not sure if its just me but after years of smoking and constantly being high, it seems really weird to do my normal activities sober.

But anyway thanks again for the support Kerrie, you're awesome!

Same here, though I understood there were other drugs out there I always thought weed was "safe." Keep strong this rehab group has been great for me as well, just being able to blog anonymously without getting in trouble or getting yelled at for how I'm currently feeling. It *is* odd doing my regular activities, I was a daily/constant smoker as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising