+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how long will this go on?

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default how long will this go on?

i quit cannabis about a month and a half ago and since then my life hasnt been great i have been sufferring from anxiery and i find myself worrying about numerous thing i would of never even cared about previously i am also feel very very depressed at times about my life and even had suciadal thoughts which makes my anxiety worse because i shouldnt be thinking like that i have also read online people have DP which make me even more scared if i have it or not , i just want to know how long will all this last when will i wake up in the morning and be back to normal i hate living like this .

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Unregistered,
    You are not alone in your anxiety and hard time. I recommend reading all the stickys on here. Something I read came to mind when I read your post. Pot increases serotonin levels in the brain which makes you feel good. So habitual long term smokers are used to this elevated level all the time. When u quit you no longer have theses increases seratonin levels. This leads to lots of the anxiety/depression etc. I think it all matters how long and how much you smoked and whether you have underlying issues that will determine how long you will feel these withdrawal symptoms z

Personally I have chosen to seek help of a psychiatrist to help me. I take Zoloft which has helped me personally with my anxiety. Give it time. I quit for over a year 10 years back and never felt better. Not sure why I fell back into it other than I was able to convince myself I could smoke socially and I couldn't. Lesson learned.

Anyways don't give up and see help of friends. Or come here if you don't have any who can relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by stoned View Post
    Unregistered,
    You are not alone in your anxiety and hard time.
    Personally I have chosen to seek help of a psychiatrist to help me. I take Zoloft which has helped me personally with my anxiety. Give it time. I quit for over a year 10 years back and never felt better. Not sure why I fell back into it other than I was able to convince myself I could smoke socially and I couldn't. Lesson learned.

Anyways don't give up and see help of friends. Or come here if you don't have any who can relate to.

This is accurate for me as well. On Zoloft 50mg a day, it seems to have balanced me out a bit. Before I had good days and bad days all the time, now they are all pretty even keel unless I get really stressed out at work or don't sleep well. Also...I quit for a year, and fell back into my habit HARD. Went on vacation to cali for a week, and it was like I was back full steam ahead. Relapsing made me feel like crap, but it took over a year and tons of money wasted before I cleaned up again. Still working on staying that way....

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising