+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anxiety is over... now dealing with depression, almost a month off weed

Unhappy Anxiety is over... now dealing with depression, almost a month off weed

Hi guys... gosh, I feel like a rollercoaster ride since the last day I smoked and felt horrible with the panic attack I suffered and all the strong heart palpitations I felt, all the fear, as Ive posted before, the first two weeks were the absolute worst although I managed thanks to psychiatric help, because of all the anxiety I felt .. the third week was so much better, I cried, let it all out, my doctor lowerd my medication dose, Im taking very little now, and not everyday... everything is going a little bit better everyday, but now, heading to be a month off weed next sunday (a week from now) Im getting some mood swings, Im happy, then Im quickly sad, or feel threatened, or scared, or a little anxious again, but lately is all that Ive been feeling down, not bad, but just down, feeling the blues.. not really depressed because Im very happy with my life right now and my decision to get off weed for good but just feel down and dont want to have to much social contact, not even online.. or with my friends, I only talk to a few of them and mostly my mom and my girlfriend, theyre the ones who have helped me get through, but cant help to feel so down, I dont feel like going out or socializing, I just wish to stay home and be left alone, only in my safe place, and I feel fine... can you share any similar experience? itll be cool to hear from you, stay strong guys and thanks for reading

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governments FREE SAMHSAs National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Well done with your struggle Je'daii, the depression can take a little while to lift, some can indeed suffer a significant degree of depression for others it may just be more of a loss of pleasure if you chose to differentiate, but as with any addiction it can take time for the pleasure sensors in the brain to readjust and brain scans do prove this, I saw a documentary the other night actually that was saying this same exact thing and showed the scans that demonstrated it.

Anyway like I say it does take a while for the brains own natural chemistry to readjust and beating the blues will be a big part of the challenge but it does pass and you will pull through it, hang in there and please keep us posted with your progress.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Hi! thanks for your reply and indeed, I figure it will take a while although I am feeling better with each day passing... tomorrow I will be exactly my first month off weed and have felt so much better this week, a lot less anxiety and almost completely off the meds too and feel ready to make some time to do exercise, Ive read that it helps a lot so Im on it, also eating balanced and healthy has really helped, Im taking my vitamins, drinking water constantly, fruit, vegetables etc.. most of all, Ive done a lot of positive thinking and it has helped me in my journey to heal and detox in every way, not only phisically but also mental, emotional and spiritual... Ive also been doing better in my job, my head is more focus and clear and have less mood swings. I remember the first time I quitted I was feeling this good but relapsed on the third month and I think that this time the third month is gonna be like the danger zone I have to cross over because this time I dont wanna relapse, I wanna stay off weed for good, I know now that I dont need it in my life and that it could cause me lots of damages in my health and that scares me, so Im thinking it will be hard to cross the third month and I wonder if Im going to suffer withdraw synthoms again after 3, 4 or 6 months after, even after a yearcause for what Ive read from other peoples experiences and some articles on the internet, they will come again (will they ever end?) .. anyway, I am thinking possitive and I feel ready for the challenge but I would like to know from somebody whos been more than 8 years sober, by the way thats so awsome!! - after a year will I be completely clean and detox? .. I know for each person comes different, Im currently 31 and been smoking for 12 years, half of it kinda everyday :S

I just saw your email for some reason it got picked up by my spam filter my apologies, we have just moved domain and had to deal with a slight drop in traffic so we haven't been quite as active of late as we usually are but looking at the stats traffic seems to be picking up so hopefully we are on the up again, we are usually quite active but traffic can sometimes fluctuate and something like a domain move can sometimes interfere.

Anyway the withdrawal symptoms with weed can be both strange and unpredictable in as much as one persons experience can be totally different to another, the can indeed sometimes come in waves and vary hugely in both their length and severity, some people can experience very little while others can really suffer and for some they really can drag on, they really can vary on a case by case basis, so in complete honesty I can really say for certain what will be the case for you, unfortunately the longer and heavier you have done it the worse it will often be and twelve years is a fair while but again even then it can vary significantly, I think a persons genetic make up and predisposition for addiction is probably playing a huge part in the background in a way we are only now starting to become aware of.

But try not to expect the worse as you may well be through the worst, it's important to try and think positive, sure they may still be some hurdles left but if there are you will deal with them, the one thing I can say for sure is they will end at some point, hang in there and just try and take it one day at a time.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising