+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to reverse marijuana related cognitive impairment and memory loss

I have now tried piracetam (Ampakine), only tried a couple so far but I think they may have helped, they too seem to make you more thoughtful/analytical, more in the mood for thinking (but not tripped out), again I think you have to take them for a while to see any real effect so I may stick with them for a while and see how they go.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Quote Originally Posted by Cannabis Rehab Admin View Post
    I have now tried piracetam (Ampakine), only tried a couple so far but I think they may have helped, they too seem to make you more thoughtful/analytical, more in the mood for thinking (but not tripped out), again I think you have to take them for a while to see any real effect so I may stick with them for a while and see how they go.

All the best,
    Hello!

Have you tried Brain Jogging yet? Neuronation or Lumosity for example. They helped me with my memory problems. Studying is also helpful (memorizing things also trains the brain)

It's been now about three months since I quit. And I struggle the most with obsessive thoughts, inner disturbance in social situations and confusion. For example mistaking words. It seems to me that my reflexes have become confused. This is especially problematic when I want to make jokes.

I already take Ginkgo, American Ginseng, Lecithin, Fish Oil, Curcuma. I have tried CBD with moderate success. I stopped it because I didn't want to interfere with my cannabinoid brain chemistry anymore.

Tomorrow I get the results of a Hormone test I made a few weeks ago and my orthomolecular doctor will give advice what to do.

I also thought about dihydromyircitin... any new insights?
    Racetams seem too risky for me. Don't they just work for a short period of time?

Greetings

Hi,

I have not tried Brain Jogging, but I do try and keep my mind as active as possible and make an effort to study and learn new things. Nothing more to add on the dihydromyircitin but I have tried the Racetams a few more times and may continue them for a while, I think there are meant to promote neuro regeneration as well as work short term.

I will be interested to hear how your hormone tests go, I too had quite a few hormones tested but everything was apparently within the normal range. I too would be a little weary about messing with my cannabinoid receptors again, probably more so than using Racetam's, but wouldn't rule it out if the science was good enough and considering CBD's are meant to have a anti psychotic and anti anxiety effect (opposite to THC) for purely information purposes at this stage could you tell me a little more about the CBD thing. Was it the non THC legal oil version? How did you find it?

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannabis Rehab Admin View Post
    Hi,

I have not tried Brain Jogging, but I do try and keep my mind as active as possible and make an effort to study and learn new things. Nothing more to add on the dihydromyircitin but I have tried the Racetams a few more times and may continue them for a while, I think there are meant to promote neuro regeneration as well as work short term.

I will be interested to hear how your hormone tests go, I too had quite a few hormones tested but everything was apparently within the normal range. I too would be a little weary about messing with my cannabinoid receptors again, probably more so than using Racetam's, but wouldn't rule it out if the science was good enough and considering CBD's are meant to have a anti psychotic and anti anxiety effect (opposite to THC) for purely information purposes at this stage could you tell me a little more about the CBD thing. Was it the non THC legal oil version? How did you find it?

All the best,
    There are certain websites which have scientifficaly designed games to train your memory/logic/language/sensoric in personalised courses. (for example neuronation or lumosity, but there probably are also US versions available) the only problem is that they are not for free. I paid about 80 bucks for a year, but for me it was worth the money.

I live in austria, where we have a very good medical system. (the state takes over most of the costs) I was checked for pretty much everything. and the orthomolecular doctor made his diagnosis.

My deficits: HDL Cholesterol, Q10, Vit B12, folic acid, Vit D3, selenium, Zink, testosteron. quite a few ^^ But I think the orthomolecular medicine defines deficits a bit stricter, than the conventional medical dogma

His diagnosis was, that my thinking was too active and that I have to come down. He said that my brain was like a train which was going too fast, and ther wasn't enough coal on the train. (not enough resources)

His therapy plan, besides the dietary supplements, was:
    no white fluor, eating lots of fish, drinking 2 litres of table water every day, no iodised salt, 45 minutes of endurance sport without pause 3 times a week (walking also counts), cold pressed plant oils (3x soup spoons linseed oil + 1 soup spoon of sunflower, pumpkin or safflower oil - not heated, stored cool)

I have a good feeling with this orthomolecular approach. it seems to be very systematical.

the cbd oil?
    hmm one day I got a flashback from it I think, so I stopped it. (red eyes, stoned feeling, stoned vision) but I don't know if it was the cbd or just an ordinary flashback
    how I found it? yes with a minimum percentage of thc. legal in my country.
    w w w . zamnesia . de /359-cbd-ol

I think you will get better with the memory, it's all just training. the more you train the better you get. with the right diet and enough sport it won't be a problem.

Things that also helped me:

-bioenergetic exercises !!!!
    youtube . com /watch?v=zD-3j2g9w9U
    youtube . com /watch?v=biFfR2sZGvA

made me more manly, more sexual. gave me a more vibrant voice and a manlier figure. now my breathing massages my thymus gland and my stomach organs.

Maca is also good to boost the sex energy.

- a clean living area
    a messy room makes the mind messy. a clean organised room makes me calm and focused..

- positive music

- less computer, more reading

- learning an instrument

That's interesting to know, thanks for your advice and contribution to this thread. Information works best when shared! Thanks again.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

Hello admin. Thanks for your insight into the cognitive issues you have experiences from marijuana use. I am 8 months clean and am "watching the movie" that you describe. My problem is that I can not even remember what is what like "before". From 15 - 22 years of age, alcohol was the substance of choice (with a sprinkle of marijuana from time to time). From 22 - 34 years old, marijuana was consumed about 4 days a week for 8 years or so and then daily for 3-4 years. If you don't mind me asking, how long, how frequent and how old were you when you started/stopped? I'd love to take this offline if possible. Thanks.

Hi Bari Barron and welcome,

I really over did it, I started at around 21 (around 2000-2001 I think), quit at around 26-27 and for most those years smoked about an eighth a day, but maybe a bit less towards the end, say £5-10 worth the last year.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

l-theanine and glycine have both been game changers for me. they are really helping recovery! oh yeah and i just got some melatonin for sleep on my mate's recommendation :-) #positiveattitude

Yes the melatonin isn't bad for when you struggle to sleep and a great antioxidant. A lot of people benefit from the l-theanine, it has a very good rep for anxiety. Keep up the good work!
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising