+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm sinking someone please help

Default I'm sinking someone please help

Hi,
    I'm 24 years old and have been smoking daily for the past 5 years. Currently, I smoke a quarter oz every night alone. I want to stop so bad but I'm lost. My step dad smokes in the bathroom so I get urges when I smell it when I go in there. I have severe anxiety and I'm currently taking Cipralex for depression. I can't sleep anymore - I've been on so many different sleeping pills but they've stopped working. If i'm lucky, I get 2 - 4 hours during the day. My life is at a standstill. I stopped going to school and I'm on medical leave from work. My motivation is so low, I feel hopeless, I don't know what to do to be happy. I don't have friends to get me through this. I don't know how to cope with my emotions and when I don't smoke I'm so angry and depressed. Because of my lack of sleep I'm so irritated. Does anyone have suggestions?

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Thank you,

looking4hope

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi looking4hope,

Welcome to the forum. You should be able to find much comfort and support here.

First off, you've made the toughest decision, which is that you want to quit. If you are unable to live a peaceful existence, it is obviously time to change things up. Being 24 years of age, you still have a long life ahead of you and plenty of time to get through this battle and get healthy. Try to find peace in that fact.
    Second, by the sounds of it, you are really using heavily, which is probably most of your problem. Without it, you are going to have extreme anxiety and panic and as you stated depression. Cannabis no longer is an escape or recreational joy for you. It has become a necessity to function.
    I don't want to sugar coat any of what abstinence and withdrawal entail, but I will just share my story briefly. I have used for close to 20 years with the past 10 years being daily. I also vaporized 3-4 times a day for the past 7 years. As most know vaporizing is much more intense in delivering THC straight to the blood and brain. Needless to say a little over a month ago, I had the worst anxiety attack of my life after using. I literally blacked out 10 minutes after my vapor session and felt like my time here was done. My advice, don't let it come to that for you. I have been 37 days without and honestly I am still going through a lot of discomfort withdrawing. Anxiety, sleeplessness, depression, weird nerve sensations all over my body, foggy head, loss of balance from time to time to name a few symptoms. It has literally been the worst month of my life.
    But, I know I have been getting better with each passing day. The same holds true for anyone. I know it may be near impossible for you to quit, but it's what your body is craving and it's trying to tell you that. Do whatever it takes to stay away. if you slip up that's ok, just keep your vision on the life you want to have without addiction; the life you were meant to have.
    Try to find enjoyment in being and having the privilege to live. If you think you need professional help then get it. I'm not sure of your case, but cold turkey isn't for everyone. It may be most effective, but I can tell you from personal experience that it sucks. Hang in there and stay positive. We are all here to help.

Hi there,
    You sound like your having a hard time. I would also find it difficult with someone smoking in the house. I think you need to understand what weed has done to your mind > it kinda helps you understand why you feel this way. Endocanibinoid system > check out the wikapedia.

Were your friends now buddy. I will say that other than my mrs and kids. The only people Ive spoken to about this are people on this site.

So Hello my new found friend. You need to stay strong, accept its gonna be cruddy for a while and dont be a slave to a ruddy plant.

It does get better though. Seriously ive smashed so much dope > i never thought i would get to do 5, will be day 6 in a 12 mins.

be upbeat. Remember to laugh at something at least once a day > watch some silly cartoons

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising