+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My quit diary

Default My quit diary

Hello all.

Firstly, what a friendly, informative and supportive rehab group this is!

After almost 20 years of chronic smoking (1 oz + per month), I have become disgusted and ashamed with my addiction. It has gradually sucked all the life from me, to the point that I think it has caused me to become depressed.

Something I once used for pleasure and relaxation is now causing me depression, anxiety and deep unhappiness. My mind is constantly fogged with THC, which in turn drains my motivation, ruins my relationships, causes me self esteem issues and generally makes my life pretty miserable. The more I hurt, the more I smoke. The more I smoke the more I hurt.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

This is one vicious circle I'm getting out of. The weed is no longer the solution but the problem.

I have finally, for whatever reason, realised that I must stop this ridiculous, self damaging behaviour. The penny has finally dropped.

I've read lots of diaries on here and understand that I have a very long, hard journey ahead of me.

In a perverse way, I'm sort of looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to thinking normally again and experiencing true emotions rather than those shrouded in a fog of THC.

I intend to post here regularly, as this will be part of my motivation to endure the hellish days ahead of me. I am going to go to a local addiction centre on Tuesday and begin the process of quitting this dirty addiction.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Peace!

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

So, today is my final day as an addict. I have spent the past few months putting this moment off, but now I am ready.

I am concerned about boredom, insomnia, anxiety, loss of appetite and depression. However, forewarned is forearmed.

I am going to buy my supplements and vitamins tomorrow and I will try and exercise if I feel up to it.

I've never successfully quit for more than a few days before. I've been on ten day holidays where I haven't smoked and I've had no problems. But I think that was mostly because I was occupied during the day and drinking alcohol at night. When I've tried quitting before, I've found the nausea, insomnia and general unwell feeling enough of an excuse to cave in. This time will be different.

Ive deleted all of my dealers numbers and I'm excited about getting my life, health and sanity back.

I must he strong!

Hi toodles, I just wanted to say thankyou for posting your quit diary. Like you I've become addicted to cannabis, I want more then anything to quite for myself and for my children.
    I started smoking socially but now its taken over my life. I've lost all my friends, have no confidence, don't go out and have become depressed. I even get myself into debt because 90% of my wages goes on it.
    I have 5 beautiful children and I no what I'm doing is selfish and I can't possible give them everything they deserve if I'm always high. I want more then anything yo be able to quit for my children and myself.
    I have been feeling very down on myself lately as a mother and women, but for the 1st time I'm also seeing the reasons I feel the way I do is because of the cannabis and that turning all of those negative feelings into motivation to quit keeping my children as my inspiration into becoming cannabis free is the way forward.
    I don't really no where to start or how and to be totally honest I'm also a little scared. I come across this site (not to sure how to use it yet), and your post was the 1st I've read. It sounds like this site could really help me so I've joined. I don't have much of a support network or anyone to talk to and to push me into reaching my goals.
    Your diary so far has helped me realise that I'm not alone and this is a real problem I have. I just wanted to ask how you took that initial 1st step and did you start on a detox?
    Good luck to you, I wish you every success.

So, it's been nearly 4 weeks now without any of the filthy drug.

I feel good. I'm struggling with sleep, sweats, nausea and anxiety, but it's all for the better good.

I decided against seeking professional help, I'm stronger than that.

I feel more human again and I'm delighted I've almost hit my first month being weed free.

I've only ever managed 10 days before.

I think you really have o want to quit, else there no point.

I look at cannabis as the enemy now. I will never, ever take a substance that alters the chemical balance of my brain. This has been a really frightening period of my life that I want to put firmly behind me now.

For all those who read this, it can be done.

I don't have any cravings for the drug, and I haven't throughout the past few weeks. I really do hate this drug.

Please, if you want to quit, think of the reasons why, gold on to them dearly, and go for it.

Sometimes you have to go through the tunnel.

**** weed. Get your lives back and enjoy them.

I'll update as and when I feel necessary.

4 weeks tomorrow. I've had the best weekend I've had for many, many years.

My anxiety hasn't been around for 2 days now. It was almost crippling me on Friday, and then I woke up on Saturday and it had gone. I've had none since.

The nightmares, profuse sweating and semi insomnia are a pain in the ass, but nothing compared to the anxiety I've been suffering.

I had a great day out today. I took my girlfriend out for a lovely meal and thoroughly enjoyed feeling like a normal human being.

I really so feel like a different man.

I'm aware this could only be temporary, and that I may "crash" at some point in the near future. But the pleasure and normality I've experienced this weekend just make my resolve stronger.

My appetite is back and I'm on 3 good meals a day.

I'm concerned that I'm now smoking 20+ cigarettes a day! but one step at a time. I will cut down once I feel more settled.

I'm overjoyed with how things are going. I've not once felt the urge to cave.

I'm noticing not just a change in myself, but I also have more money to spend on worthwhile things.

It's surprising how strong and resilient we can be if we set our minds to it.

I just wanted to share this.

Be strong people, days like these make it all make sense.

4 weeks done.

Still having dreadful sweats and nightmares. Sleep is getting better.

I've had the 'shakes' in my hands today. I'm hoping this goes soon.

No anxiety issues.

Really pleased with myself. Bring on the next month.

I feel like a different man.

Quick update.

The sweats have gone. The nightmares have gone. The anxiety has gone. I get off to sleep with no problems. My appetite and sex drive has come back with a vengeance. I feel amazing.

I've not once craved a smoke.

For those of you who read this, it CAN be done.

Life is great now.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising