+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time to stop...(my quit journal)-Pensacola_Guy

Default Time to stop...(my quit journal)-Pensacola_Guy

Hey guys and gals,
    So I am a 15+ year smoker and probably about 12 of those years were of daily use.Last week I finally came to terms with the fact that I am an addict ( sometimes it was weed , sometimes hardcore gaming, sometimes both ).Today is day 5 of stopping cold turkey and I have to say it isn't easy at all. I get about 6 hours of rest and then I cant sleep anymore , I get night sweats , but the worst is the anxiety. And it isn't a specific event or panic attack or anything , more of a nameless dread that just sits at the base of your neck ( like the tingle you get when someone scares you ). My addictions allowed me to turn a blind eye to the problems in my life ( student debt , no career prospects , no significant other ) and act like I didn't care or wasn't afraid of them. Well boop that because I AM afraid...afraid its too late to dig myself out , to find someone , to have a life before I die. I have been exercising daily and drinking lots of water and cranberry juice to clean me out and make me tired so I can sleep. I am also thinking about trying a supplement to help but I can't find any real posts on these forums about supplements to take ( anyone tried Cannitrol or Maritox? ).Right now I am just trying to take it one day at a time, one hour at a time, or when I really get wound up one minute at a time. But its like JFK's go to the moon speech "....We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too." Anyways I would just like to say thanks to all the people who post here because reading your posts has helped me feel like Im not the only one struggling with this. i will probably turn this post into my rehabilitation journal so I welcome any tips, feedback, or comments anyone would like to share.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Default hey penascola guy, this the vancouver guy......

dude, i am in the same boat as you except different models, i been smoking this shit for 15 yrs day in and day out.

i been a slave to this shit. this shit makes you a lazy bum with a brain like a spacecraft, just going and going.....!

anyways.....i just wanted to say....you doing a good job in trying to get a way from the lung ruiner.....!

Ya, its not easy after all those years, but yes the clarity is worth it and your future job/relationship prospects will skyrocket once you can stop using marijuana so much.
    As a health nut and a former daily smoker myself, I can say that cannitrol was right on for me, it was more efficient for me than trying to mix up 5-htp supplements and stuff, I never messed with maritox, as kudzu is, in my opinion a wild-card and I'd rather stay away.

I know its hard but don't be afraid, the benefits FAR outweigh the cost of staying in the rut you are in. Its gonna be rough seas for the first few weeks but it WILL get better. Maybe join a gym too, it will help with health and self esteem for sure. Keep your eyes on the prize!

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola_Guy View Post
    Hey guys and gals,
    So I am a 15+ year smoker and probably about 12 of those years were of daily use.Last week I finally came to terms with the fact that I am an addict ( sometimes it was weed , sometimes hardcore gaming, sometimes both ).Today is day 5 of stopping cold turkey and I have to say it isn't easy at all. I get about 6 hours of rest and then I cant sleep anymore , I get night sweats , but the worst is the anxiety. And it isn't a specific event or panic attack or anything , more of a nameless dread that just sits at the base of your neck ( like the tingle you get when someone scares you ). My addictions allowed me to turn a blind eye to the problems in my life ( student debt , no career prospects , no significant other ) and act like I didn't care or wasn't afraid of them. Well boop that because I AM afraid...afraid its too late to dig myself out , to find someone , to have a life before I die. I have been exercising daily and drinking lots of water and cranberry juice to clean me out and make me tired so I can sleep. I am also thinking about trying a supplement to help but I can't find any real posts on these forums about supplements to take ( anyone tried Cannitrol or Maritox? ).Right now I am just trying to take it one day at a time, one hour at a time, or when I really get wound up one minute at a time. But its like JFK's go to the moon speech "....We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too." Anyways I would just like to say thanks to all the people who post here because reading your posts has helped me feel like Im not the only one struggling with this. i will probably turn this post into my rehabilitation journal so I welcome any tips, feedback, or comments anyone would like to share.

Hey everyone,
    So today will be day 9 of sobriety and it seems to be going okay. Still waking up at 4am everyday (almost like clockwork). Still having some generalized anxiety , but luckily it only seems to happen in the mornings. I am still just trying to take it one day at a time and stay calm about it. I've been exercising everyday trying to wear myself out to get a full nights sleep but that doesn't seem to be working. Funny thing is i could go to bed at 10pm or 1am and I will still wake up around 4am. I wanted to thank both of you for your kind words and if I am still having trouble in a week or so I may look into getting a bottle of Cannitrol. I've also decided to maybe check out a support group here in town so i have some help if things start slipping. Luckily everyday i feel the grip a little less and less , but I know that it is just going to take time to get through. So good luck to everyone who is struggling with their demons , you CAN get through this.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising