+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1 week clean and I'm struggling , looking for people to talk to

Default 1 week clean and I'm struggling , looking for people to talk to

Hi, I am so happy to have found this site, literally. I have been smoking around 1/2g a day for about 5 years now. Im 22 and started when i was 17. Just a week ago I decided enough is enough I'm sick of feeling horrible constantly and feeling worthless, all I do is mope around, struggle to get up for work, sleeping till the afternoon and generally looking poor in health. I looked at the people I was hanging around with and thought God what a bunch of loosers and what a looser I have become. I have to say I'm struggling, I'm really struggling. The urge to light up is eating at me, I have horrible headaches, anxiety, irritability and I'm starting to feel depressed and moody. I want my ambition back, I'm sick of working dead end jobs in supermarkets that I can just about manage because I'm constantly on a 'stone over'. Please I would love to hear from people who are experiencing the same feelings I am or anyone who is trying to quit or has done as I don't really have anyone to talk to about these feelings, would love some advice and tips. Thanks for reading, Sam.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Flore Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Hold on !

Hello Sam,

How are you doing ? I hope you’re feeling as well as possible :-) You might feel alone now, but you’re not and I experienced the same feelings as you three years ago. Natural sedatives were helpful to avoid insomnia and anxiety during the first weeks. Also, I did a lot of walks and sports, which made me feel good.

I remember how much the first days were difficult, but hold on ! The worse part is behind you. It does get better and it really worth it Indeed, I’m born again at 23 years old after six years wasted by protecting myself from living. Now I’m working on my projects (I started my studies again, althought I used to think it was too late) and the smoking part of my life seems to be so far...

I encourage you from Belgium

Default It will be so worth it!

Hi there :-)

My heart went out to you when I read your post, but I know that you can do this! It will be so amazing when you look back and realise that you have done it, but for now, I suggest taking one day at a time and doing things that make you feel good.

You want to make a change and it is something that will make your life so much better, so post often and especially when you feel overwhelmed.

Good luck!

Hi guys,

I'm smoked my last joint this morning after nearly ten years of almost daily use. To be completely honest i'm sick of my life revolving round cannabis. I want to stop smoking and start living again before it's to late. I'm 25 now and have been smoking since I was around 15/16 years old. I'm entering into my last year of studying computer programming at university and believe if I can find the strength inside of me to give up smoking for good then I can really make something of my life. Usually, when I give up smoking my alcohol consumption goes up to a few beers a night. I still feel this has a negative effect on me, but if i'm being honest I guess I just don't know how to be sober

Maybe you just need to do one thing at a time? I think you are right, you could really make something of your life. I quit a couple of years ago from daily smoking (but now trying to eradicate the last of it) and my life really turned around. My relationships got better, I can focus on work and do a good job,and I am not in the grips of a tumultuous emotional state.

It might be hard for a while, but stick with it and you will feel so much better!

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising