+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Alice's quit journal

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Hi One, thanks for your thoughts and good luck on Thursday. If you keep your goal in mind, you can definitely do this. It might take a while, but it will get progressively easier. Each time that you try to quit, you will get stronger, and as long as you stay committed to your decision, you will be free.

It might not be as difficult as you think. I seem to remember that starting can be the hardest part. It is all about mindset in my opinion, so keep posting and reading, because that will consistently reinforce your decision and make it easier to stay on track.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

You know that is can be done, because you quit for nine months last year. Try to remember what worked last time and good luck! It is so worth it, I promise
    The emotional backlog is the hardest thing to deal with. I have to answer to why i've let my life go in so many areas. Major source of depression.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi One,

I am sorry that it took me so long to reply. I have been busy lately. I know that it is easy to start beating yourself up about all the things that you have done to let your life go, but is this really helpful? You are doing a REALLY good thing giving up weed. You should feel proud of yourself.

I know what you mean. I wasted about eight years of my life smoking weed. I could have met a nice boy and had kids maybe, but now I probably won't even have kids, and it seems cruel that now I am in a really great place, it is all but too late.

I think it can be overwhelming to think about EVERY aspect of your life and focus on everything that is WRONG with your life. This is problem thinking. It would be more constructive to think about what is GOOD about your life, and how you actually want to BE. And then take small steps every day to become that person!

You have probably learnt things about yourself that will become clearer later. You are still growing as a person, and it is never too late!!

I hope your quit is going well, and apologies again for my late reply!

Cheers,
    Alice

Eight months soon. I have been having this irrational desire to **** myself up. I have just finished uni for the year, so it is understandable that my brain would chime in with some crap about smoking being a good reward. What a load of horse ****. Hehe.

My psychologist hoped that I would put as much thought into starting to smoke again as I did to quitting and that in itself is enough to stop me from doing anything stupid. It was such a hard slog to get through the initial withdrawals and that three month nightmare. Do I really want to go through all that again? I don't think so. And life is good. It is so, so good!

Good luck on your journeys. You are getting stronger every day

Hey Alice,

No problems with the late reply. It's really great to hear that you've been doing great. The mind is a crazy thing. It urges you to smoke and then when you do the same mind beats you up about doing what it said to do. It just goes to show that the mind is just a big ball of confusion and that you are the one that needs to apply the real intelligence and to know what's best. I'm getting better at this, i've started meditating everyday and it is helping loads. From my previous quits i've always experienced a period of time where I feel dumb and can't find the right words to say what I want and am really forgetful but I feel the meditation is healing my brain a lot quicker than my previous quits and i'm a lot sharper than I usually am at this point in recovery.

Thank you for the advice to focus on the good and to make baby steps. I have this tendency to try and bulldoze my way to being the person I was before this whole thing and it ultimately makes me feel worse and frustrated because I can't get it back right now. I have to keep reminding myself that it's a process and I am getting better everyday. I'm 15 days clean now and i'm starting to feel a lot cleaner in my mind and body. What the hell was I ever thinking smoking again, this naturally alive and clean feeling is amazing.

Hi One,

Congrats on your quit. It is good to hear that you are enjoying your naturally alive and clean feeling. It gets even better too! Meditation is a great idea. I know exactly what you mean about the lack lustre brain activity when you are quitting, so it is good to hear you have found something that helps

I had never thought about the mind as you describe it - the same mind that says to smoke, feels AWFUL afterwards. It is a good point. I guess it just goes to show how transient thoughts and feelings are. 'This too shall pass' can come in handy in lots of situations, including a quit.

Yes, I think that change takes time, and small but permanent changes is how you get to become the person you want to be. You sound like a really switched on person though, so don't beat yourself up.

Wishing you the best of luck!!
    Alice :-)

Congrats on your 8 months being clean Alice, you're doing a fab job at this quitting malarky and it's great to hear you're doing so well in general. xx

Thanks Sunshine, it does get a fair bit easier. It becomes more of an intellectual exercise than a reaction to neurochemistry. This afternoon on a lazy Saturday, with no plans tonight, I have been thinking a little bit about weed. The thing is that I am doing so much better at work, and I have so much to lose! If I smoked, perhaps I would avoid boredom for a few hours, but as everyone here knows, one smoke is never just one smoke, and it would lead to that loopy thinking and behaviour.

Thanks though Sunshine, it is good to see you back!! Life is going well indeed. It is not perfect, but it is definitely a million times better than it was.

Good luck in your journey :-) xx

Well done on your 8 month mark Alice, you really are doing great! I think you have summed up so much about quitting, it may not be perfect, but it is definitely a million times better than it was!

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Thanks CRA!! It is definitely a good feeling And yep, a MILLION times better. As you know, it is so good not to be a slave to some form of addiction I am so happy! I hope you are too!

The mind really will find any which way to smoke again. Literally, after reading your post the addict in me took that as tacit approval to smoke again. It's like i've got amnesia and don't remember how just only 23 days ago I finally saw clearer than daylight that all of the major problems in my life are due to my addiction. I think it maybe time for me to do what the sticky threads say and write down all of the reasons why I want to quit and keep them with me at all times. The mental trickery is ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising