+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Alice's quit journal

Sounds like you're doing great, Alice, and have it firmly under control.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Keep up the good work

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Quote Originally Posted by MorningLightMountain View Post
    Sounds like you're doing great, Alice, and have it firmly under control.

Keep up the good work

Bravo Alice! Like MLM said, keep on the good work.

Thanks guys :-) It feels good! It is great to deal with life's challenges without resorting to the cloud.

Another challenge. Today the power went off in a scheduled interruption and I went to my parents place to work over there. When I got home around 2.30 pm, I started to think that it would be nice to smoke, and started to justify this, until I realised that the electrician might call to come over and fix a couple of things and the house would smell funny.

So I did some more work and now it is nearly time for a glass of wine :-) It is another tactic from cigarette cessation, that if you distract and delay then you can forget about the craving after a while.

I would smoke, but the last time I did, I got the most awful shudder in the core of my nervous system when I went to sleep, and the nightmares of course. I think it will be better to abstain. I will certainly feel better for work tomorrow :-)

Hope you are all winning the good fight. Cheers! :-)

I did feel better today than I would have. Thoughts of the dreaded weed keep permeating my mind, at thend of a nice day, but now that I am on the forum, I feel like I need to be accountable, so I won't smoke! :-) It is good because I feel like I am letting down the team if I smoke. :-) It is a good reason to stay clean!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    I did feel better today than I would have. Thoughts of the dreaded weed keep permeating my mind, at thend of a nice day, but now that I am on the forum, I feel like I need to be accountable, so I won't smoke! :-) It is good because I feel like I am letting down the team if I smoke. :-) It is a good reason to stay clean!
    Well done for resisting the cravings!

Oddly enough, I'm on day 6 now and have had no cravings. Not even one!

That is awesome MLM, I hope it continues that way :-) If you are strong in your resolve to quit, you should be able to resist any cravings if they come along, but here's hoping that the withdrawals are kind to you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    That is awesome MLM, I hope it continues that way :-) If you are strong in your resolve to quit, you should be able to resist any cravings if they come along, but here's hoping that the withdrawals are kind to you :-)
    Glad to see that rehab is going well for both of you! It's good not have cannabis cravings. Maybe this is why many people say that MJ is not addictive or not much addictive. Yes, some of us feel like sh*t when we quit, some don't. But what we come to crave with MJ is that dopamine rush which is our brain's way to reward a behavior meant to survive like eating or procreating.

So IMHO, the biggest danger for rehabbers like us, is not the craving but the feeling that we can deal with just one hit, one time and after that we're done, because we think that this one hit will not make us hooked again and give us cravings. But what happens is that we get this dopamine rush that is what we're really addicted to and our brain then tells us to go for that low hanging fruit because it is both low hanging and REALLY rewarding.

I know that you two understand this, but there may be anonymous readers that need to be aware of the dangers of confusing cannabis craving and dopamine rush craving. Because you don't crave MJ, doesn't mean you can control how you use it.

I hope I make sense. BTW, I'm 44 days (days are becoming harder to count) clean. In my case, the combination of quitting the cycle of MJ at night and coffee during the day, all of this replaced by medical supervision with ADHD meds, learning what ADHD is, how it affects me, my behavior, my self-image, proves to be my late life salvation. If only I had known, I would have been able to do co much more during my life. I still did very well, but many aspects were lacking. Now I am harnessing these aspects that I attributed to my personality while it was a lack of attention or a surplus of impulsivity. It changed my life for the better. For the first time of my life (and I am 47), I feel like an adult instead of an eternal teenager with adult responsbilities and adult jobs.

We're doing good! Experiencing normal life is good.

Peace and love!

Congrats :-) It is good to hear that you are finding a new depth and richness to your life. You really deserve it :-) It must be a great feeling to have come so far and feel like an adult.

I think MJ might be more addictive for some people rather than others, but I think you are right, the temptation of the rush you can get can be what drives the junkie thinking sometimes!

I feel like such a fool. I smoked on the weekend. It was a nightmare! After I toked, I was not able to function socially at all, and it was excruciating to try and communicate or try and write and not be able to. It is not worth it! It feels like mind pollution and I am getting to the point where I never want to smoke again. Turn into a mong!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising