+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Alice's quit journal

Thanks so much Busted, you are a sweetie

Happy New Year to you too!! May 2018 bring you happiness, health and prosperity

Alice

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hey DigitalBiz,

My sincere apologies. I completely missed your post. I hope you will find the support you are looking for and succeed in this awesome endeavour. I am just about to write a post about kids and the beauty of being free of cannabis, maybe.

Let us know how you are going!

Cheers,
    Alice

It is interesting how, when I am occupied on holidays or with friends, I don't feel so compelled to consistently stimulate myself with technology. I definitely notice this on my return. Looking for the next digital rabbit hole to express or connect. It was nicer connecting in person over a drink!

My friends seem so wholesome. Today, me and my friend Tao were talking about Eastern Philosophy. I am pretty sure that is where a lot of the Happiness Trap comes from. It is interesting.

The basic concept is that wishing that you or the situation were any different to what actually is, causes suffering, because you want to be something or do something that you are not. It is much better to just go with the flow and float down the river. We will probably get farther that way.

So, I can sit here, and say that I want a family, and I want the wholesome nature of engaging in the real world, but that is not where I am right now.

The Happiness Trap is a bit different, because it talks about thinking about values, or the person you want to be. Yes, your observing self is the big you, but ACT suggests that if you don't have goals, you are rudderless. My friend didn't agree, but I am not so sure.

Problems DO get solved. Things do change. The fact that I am sucked into this vortex of technology on returning to my world, means that I need to change the focus and do something wholesome.

I have just the thing :-) Hooray! Happy days! xx

What's the thing? I'm super curious, because I also seem to like to kill time with technology. I don't mean to... it just kinda happens... another addiction I suppose.... maybe something I I could be more mindful of. Hope all is well.

The thing was a paper writing journal called Year Compass: http://yearcompass.com/ . I printed it out. The aim is to look back at the past year and plan the next one. I actually didn't end up starting it last night, I figured I need a fresh mind for something like that, and I was so tired after travelling and holidays.

I am pretty sure that you are not Robinson Crusoe in terms of using tech as a way of killing time. I do think it is a bit of an addiction. I really enjoy writing in a paper journal, cooking, talking and drinking with friends, watching theatre or looking at art, going to the beach, working with a pen and paper, doing non digital artwork and exercise without technology.

I think it is the 'connection' aspect of technology that is addictive, in some ways, but it is kind of lazy connection, I guess.

Thanks for sharing that year compass, its seems awesome.... sometimes you just need the right questions, and it seems that it does exactly that!

Glad you like it!! I did the looking back at 2017 exercises last night. You are right, it does seem to probe in just the right kind of way

Enjoy!

I must admit that it's scary how long can the craving last and how long must a person deny himself the naive pleasure of smoking, but it's very inspirational to see you go through it. After finishing my work deadlines, I'm hoping to start a Quitblog as well. I already started a thread but seems it wont be posted before moderation.

Thanks for reading JuanG. To be honest, looking back it didnt't seem that long. After the intense cravings around the three month mark and getting through that, it was pretty much plain sailing. I had some occasional psychological cravings to spend a Sunday afternoon high, but with distance from the effect, I feel sure that I don't want it and I don't need it.

A Quitblog is a great idea. Can be really helpful.

You are moderated until you have posted 10 posts.

Good luck!
    Alice

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

F*** I feel like crap!! Haha.

It is amazing how much of an effect medication can have. A tiny little pill, that I don't notice the effects of normally, reduced by 10 %, and I feel like utter crap.

I planned that if I felt too awful today, I would have the day off, as I did a fair bit of work on the weekend, but I just want to get some shit done, today.

This will only last a week or so, and then the excruciating periods for maybe 4 - 5 months, that's all. Haha.

Thanks for reading, as with any kind of withdrawal, I find that it can be helpful to stimulate the senses and find a new normal. I am so wobbly today!!

I hope you are well.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising