+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Alice's quit journal

You're not a fool, Alice. You just slipped. And think of it as a learning experience that reminded you why you decided to quit in the first place

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Alice,

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Don't be too hard on yourself for smoking on the weekend. Sometimes these set backs make us even more determined to succeed. You sound like you're determined and I'm sure you can do it this time.

Today is Day 1 for me (again) and each time it gets a little easier to give up. When I quit last time I used to complain about not feeling alive when I woke up but having smoked again recently I can see the tremendous difference in waking up stoned and sober. Going back on mull again in a way made me realise how good I was going when giving up.

It's all part of the learning experience, just get back on again and give it another go. I like reading your posts, keep sharing it makes the journey easier. Take care, Michelle

Hello Alice,

Like other said, use it as a reminder of why you quit in the first place. Use this slip as a motivation to not slip. Do you want to share how it happened? How di you come in contact with the weed, what motivated you to take it or aquire it? What motivated you to use it? Where would you do differently if the same situation arose? Is there a way to avoid altogether a future event like this one?

Your experience may enlighten us all.

I wish your peace.

Thanks guys :-) You are right! It does make me more determined :-) It was excruciating! More excruciating than a Saturday night, home alone, or at least excruciating in a more stressful way! If I am not stoned it really doesn't matter if I write in my blog, but if I smoke I feel like I need to write and I can't. It is awful!

In answer to your questions lgfi, I got a craving before my mum came to visit around the time I would normally smoke on the weekend, and I romanced it I guess. The visit was a good distraction, but at around 5pm I started to lose my motivation to be social and thought that it might be fun. I still have some left over. I don't want to throw it away yet, because it acts like insurance. I feel like I am more likely to buy more / smoke if I chuck it in the bin.

It makes it easier to cave and smoke, but I am also getting better at resisting temptation and I felt I needed to experiment more with smoking occasionally to see if it can work. I think that for me, developing my quit muscle by focussing on the reasons, will help when inevitably I am around people who are smoking. I am more likely to focus on the reasons why I don't smoke, and the biggest one is the fact that it turns social life into a nightmare.

It works for me to check in here every day and reaffirm my commitment, but for some reason I wasn't willing to do that on Saturday.

It is exciting to be on a new adventure, to be clean and experience life without the cloud :-)

Hi Alice,

It's good to hear things are going well for you and your back on track. If you don't mind me giving you some advice - throw it all away, mull, papers, bong, whatever smoking paraphernalia you have. You don't need that insurance, make a clean break, you can do it.

I'm the same if I relapse then the last thing I want to do is go on the rehab group because I feel ashamed, I've let myself down and I feel like in a way I've let others down, those who offered their support. The truth is though that's when you need it most, relapsing makes you feel like $%^&* and it's good to write about it.

Good luck on your exciting new adventure!
    Last edited by Michelle; 07-21-2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Typo

Hi Alice,

Congrats on your decision to quit I know it can feel reassuring to keep some weed accessible, that it is somehow a safe feeling. However, I would advise to throw it away ASAP, because just keeping it around is like admitting to yourself that at some point you're gonna use it anyway, it can be like a whining voice at the back of your head that pops up at random moments "I'm still here, untill you smoke me!", that at some point might just get you crazy enough to smoke, even though you might not even really want to, just to get rid of it haha, at least this happened to me a few times. Ofcourse there is still a chance that you will, even if you first have to buy some, but then at least there is one more barriere between you and the drug, it gives you more time to change your path and find a more constructive manner to deal with the cravings..

Anyway, who am I to tell you what to do, I guess everybody has to find their own way of dealing with things, but just consider that it might as well have a negative effect

.Alice, good that you stopped again. Myself had to throw/give everything away. This time I even gave away all the paraphernelia. It is much easier for me this way. And I felt much more resolute after giving my cherished Volcano vaporizer!

Anyways you go, we support you.

Thanks guys :-) for your support and advice. I will give what you said about getting rid of everything some thought. I guess if I have made the decision not to smoke, even occasionally, and I think I have, then maybe I should consider removing all temptation.

I was just thinking before I came to the rehab group how much better I feel tonight for being clean :-) It is a good feeling! I just need to get through that Saturday night thing, and it reminds me of an earlier post from letsgoforit saying that I should play Go. I am going to Melbourne for a month next week and I am hoping the weekends will be easier there. More going on!

Michelle, I know exactly what you mean about being too ashamed to come to the forum, but I think it can work in a good way too. The rehab group becomes a reward for not smoking, continually reinforcing our commitment to quitting :-)

Lenalan, nice to meet you, I will look forward to following your journey :-)

Thanks for posting guys :-) It is good to be here with you :-)

Sounds like you have a great mindset Hold on to that good feeling, remember it for the bad days... Maybe it's an idea to write down the reasons you feel good for being clean, in case you can't see them clearly anymore in a bad moment, you can always read it back to remind yourself

Thanks Lena :-) It is a good idea to focus on my reasons for quitting, and I think writing them down might really help! I should do that for the weekend, which is my danger time.

Tonight I went out for a kind of goodbye dinner with my parents and the food was so indulgent and lush and I felt so warm from lovely food and wine and conversation. When I got home, I really wanted to smoke. I think because it is an old pattern. I remember getting home from a lovely evening and getting high to top off a lovely evening.

Also, because it is my last weekend here, I feel like I want to fall into old habits, to hold onto the memory of this place. THC has been a part of my life ever since I moved here, but I am about to make a change, and so I want to hold onto the familiar, to say goodbye!

It is nice to be clean though. To come here and be lucid. It really does feel like mind pollution, and I would not be here with you guys if I had given in to what I consider pure indulgence after a lovely meal.

I can drink tea and write instead and form a new association :-) I will feel better tomorrow and since it is my last day at work, it is important!

I think I am going to burn some incense instead. Life is so good!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising