+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Alice's quit journal

Alice Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Alice's quit journal

Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind if I start a thread to document my cessation of cannabis. Tonight I decided to abstain. I don't usually smoke during the week, but today I was in such a good mood and I have my period, so I felt like I wanted to take my happiness to another level.

However, since I have decided not to smoke any more, I abstained. Now I have plunged into sadness and depression, and I guess the easiest thing to do is to smoke, but if I did, I would have a hangover (on a Wednesday no less) and in a couple of nights get nightmares. Therefore, I decided not to smoke, come what may.

My psychologist uses the ACT mindfully method, which I have found very effective and part of it is to be willing to experience uncomfortable feelings. I am getting better at this. I feel like crap tonight. I was so happy and now I feel like crap, but I am willing to go through this so that tomorrow I am not having some kind of fuzzy head for a few hours and the nightmares. There is nothing I can do about uncomfortable feelings. They will be here whether I smoke or not!

I am thinking I might just go to bed soon. It was a good day. Perhaps it would have been GREAT if I got high, but it is Tuesday night. Seriously!?! And I want to quit this to be more self sufficient.

Good luck in your quit journey!

Alice.

Goodnight! I am not going to feel good tonight, so I may as well go to bed :-)

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Alice Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Biting me on the bum

I don't know what is going on! I don't usually smoke during the week, but this is the second night in a row that I have been craving it. Maybe because it is available? I got some last week, but I realised on the weekend that I don't want to use any more. It stuffs up my sleep and gives me a hangover. The biggest reason though, is that I want to move to the city and I won't know anyone to buy off, so, I am being proactive.

I certainly don't want to go back to smoking every night after 5pm. It is not real! It is a slippery slope as many of you know. It is better just not to smoke at all. What do they say? One is too many, a thousand is not enough?

I can do this! If I keep writing my way out of the cravings, I know I will win in the end. Every post I write here and read here reinforces the fact that I want to be free!

It is Friday night, but tomorrow night is going to be the biggest challenge. Lonely and bored in a small town, it has been an escape for the past few weekends. I need to find a new hobby for Saturday nights.

I had another nightmare last night. It was awful. I think it must be something to do with this particular strain. If I were to keep smoking I would keep having nightmares, on the nights I don't smoke. It is not worth it and I am not willing to go through that.

I find that weed is completely anti social. I can barely function socially when I smoke. That is another reason.

It does help to write it out, but tomorrow is going to be hard.

I want to smoke and I am not going to. Maybe I should just go to bed and read. I will feel a million times better tomorrow when I haven't smoked. My brain is going into protest mode, giving me the heavy, dragging feeling of wanting to escape, but I know that this is for the best. I only have three more weekends until I am in Melbourne. It will be character building!

I have a headache and I think that bed will be the best place for me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    I want to smoke and I am not going to. Maybe I should just go to bed and read. I will feel a million times better tomorrow when I haven't smoked. My brain is going into protest mode, giving me the heavy, dragging feeling of wanting to escape, but I know that this is for the best. I only have three more weekends until I am in Melbourne. It will be character building!

I have a headache and I think that bed will be the best place for me :-)

Hang in there, you can do it! After quitting, sleep is indeed quite beneficial. Our nights are not so good anymore. I my case, I had trouble sleeping a whole night at first, despite the fact that I was really tired when I went to sleep. Lately, I'm less tired and I manage to get a good 6.5-7 of sleep per night with sometimes (less and less) a quick nap during the day. If you are bored, start playing Baduk (Go, Weiqi). It's like a gym for the brain and supposedly, it is good for the brain and helps with dopamine. IIt helps against brain aging.
    according to this study http://www.researchgate.net/publicat..._imaging_study

There is a beginner friendly go server online-go.com where you can play against human, chat, joke and learn to play.

And you can get an idea of what the game is about at:
    http://senseis.xmp.net/?BeginnerStudySection

Maybe I'll meet you there!?

Thanks so much letsgoforit, that looks like a really interesting game, and an interesting paper :-) I am going to give it a go. Hopefully I will meet you there!

Yes, sleep, beautiful sleep :-) I think one of the biggest reasons for abstaining is the nightmares. I tend to get them a couple of nights after I smoke, and I would rather sleep without them :-) So that means I am going to find other things to do on the weekend :-) Thanks again for the game suggestion. It is very helpful :-)

We are doing it! Woot!

I am doing that thing where I am justifying maybe smoking after dinner, because I am starting to get scratchy and cranky. It is so nice to have a clear head though, and I will feel SO much better tomorrow if I abstain. I have so much to do in terms of getting ready to move to Melbourne and I won't miss the weed hangover tomorrow.

I am really proud of myself. This Saturday night is almost done and I have a clear head :-) Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    I am doing that thing where I am justifying maybe smoking after dinner, because I am starting to get scratchy and cranky. It is so nice to have a clear head though, and I will feel SO much better tomorrow if I abstain. I have so much to do in terms of getting ready to move to Melbourne and I won't miss the weed hangover tomorrow.

I am really proud of myself. This Saturday night is almost done and I have a clear head :-) Woot!

If you have quit before you know that that smoke would bring you back to square 1. Remember why you are quitting. Don't let it control your life. You are strong!

Thanks lgfi :-) You are so onto it! Back at square one alright. I had some more lucid dreams last night, but they were kind of happy dreams, where I knew everything would turn out okay. Much better than the nightmares I would have if I smoked.

How are you going? It must be nearly 40 days? You are onto a winner. As people say in my smoking cessation forum, NOPE - not one puff ever. I was thinking last night how I can't imagine smoking cigs any more. Hopefully it will get to the same place with weed!

Hope you are having a nice weekend? :-)

I struggled a bit on Sunday evening. I guess because it was the last opportunity for the weekend to smoke. I felt as though I wanted to have fun, and to take my mind somewhere else, but in the end, I decided to have a glass of wine, instead, then after dinner, I got distracted by Internet troubles. I was so close to smoking, but at every step I took, I was also happy to have a clear mind and this morning I realised it was so worth it! I have been in a great mood all day :-) I know that would not have happened had I smoked. It really does wonders for my mood, abstaining :-) It is great! I had a productive day at work and got everything I wanted to do today, done, so it all turned out for the best :-) Now I just have to remember that next weekend :-) Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising