+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relapse after 15 months of sobriety

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Relapse after 15 months of sobriety

Hey, I was on this forum last year when I was going through initial withdrawal. I slowly but surely got better and better. After 7 months I was doing pretty good, but continued to improve over the next 8 months. Then, my friend moved home from Colorado and I got right back into smoking. I know, what was I thinking after going through withdrawals. Trust me, I feel dumb. I started in mid august and did it occasionally for the rest of August. During the entire month of September I was smoking every night from my friends nice bong. Sometimes during the day too. After 1 month of daily smoking, the anxiety and other things returned. I have now been clean for 20 days. Symptoms for the first week were bad. The severity lessened after that but it's still a struggle to feel happy about normal everyday things or get in the mood to go places. I'm also really tired like the first time quiting.

My question for the more seasoned quitters: did 1 month of smoking undo all of the progress I made in 15 months of sobriety?
    Will I make my way back to how I was feeling at 15 months? Will it be much shorter of a time since I only did it for a month? I am just so worried that I screwed up and may not be able to feel better again. I know anxiety puts thoughts like this in your head, but they still suck. As I type this at 8:30 PM, I feel pretty good. I never had times this good in the first month last year. I guess that's a good thing. I'm mainly dealing with social anxiety this time I suppose.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Dangerous thoughts

Ive been smoking occasionally for about two years, and Ive just decided to quit because I just dont give the slightest shit about anything anymore. Im just neutral. I can see a fantastic movie or listen to a great song, and it gives me nothing. As a creative person its a big problem to be unable to feel inspired. So Im tired of this shit, I wanna feel like normal people. I look at people and Im thinking "I wonder how it feels like to be this person, with all of his/her emotions and feelings". I have a tendency of thinking "just one more time isn't making a difference", or "now that I´ve already smoked for two years I might as well smoke up this little bag as well". Those are dangerous, but very tempting thoughts.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising