+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First Day Sober

Post First Day Sober

Hello all. Yesterday I made the decision to quit. I'll tell you a few reasons that brought my decision to light and some advice and scenarios I think would benefit others in my position. Firstly, the decision to quit HAS to come from YOU! For the last 8 years I have used, the last 2 daily and heavily, I have never had the self thought of wanting to stop, until now. I'm 23 years old. Have a good job, great family & friends and my own house and Staffordshire bull terrier. I have everything I have ever believed I wanted. But then I realised something due to loosing the love of my life.
    I've had a rough life from a child. Dad is a wheelchair user due to a workplace accident when I was 1 years old, my parents divorced, wasn't blessed with money as a family and I suffer from various mental health issues. When I was about 14 I stumbled across weed when hanging out with my cousins. I wasn't a fan at first but after a couple of years dabbling here and there I found a release in weed. From then it got more and more, slowly and slowly, more and more. The last year has absolutely been sabotaged by my addiction, yes I have now realised I am an addict!!
    What I come to realise is that I have never seen anything through to the end, I have never gave myself a life purpose, never created my own happiness. I either tried to claim it from others or if not, by weed.
    Then 3 days ago, my ex girlfriend told me after months of telling her I'd change, that she was leaving me. At first I thought, I'll go doctors for my mental health, or get fitter or spoil her or beg her, but I turned my phone off for 3 days and come to the realisation that its the control weed has over me and my life that has caused her to go.
    I think until you decide enough is enough yourself and gain that perspective youll never change. So heres day one of the rest of my life. New to forums so if my story helps one person in my position thatll spur me on even more, and by all means if anyone can give me some help and support id be more than grateful.
    The road is long, its going to be hard, but when its ruining your life you have to change. I hope to hear stories at the end of my rehab of how I've helped someone and where you are at now, but most of all ill comment back as a happy, healthy, free and in control man. hopefully with the love of my life back at my side. Sometimes you have to realise there is just so much more to live.
    All the best,
    Sam Anker

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

zaine7673 Cannabis Rehab Guest

Hey sam,
    Sorry to hear about your experience but i think certain chain of events lead us to the place where we are today. On the road to something better. I feel like i messed up a special relationship with someone i loved because of marijuana. I never blamed it then. I always blamed everything else but it buy now it's clear to see.
    I also was growing distant from people that loved me. My sister's, mum and my 11 year old nephew who loved nothing more than my company. I traded them for my stoner friends lol.
    I'm glad you've realised you've made the decision you have. I'm now going almost 7 weeks without and i can tell you that you gotta go through the worst of it to come out on the other side where it is much better.
    Good luck with the journey. Stay strong and positive.
    :-)

Thanks for the reply dude. Yeah day 3 now, its tough and I'm smoking more cigarettes than ever lol Totally relate to that, cast everyone that cares aside cos they don't fit into your stoner lifestyle. Do you have facebook or any other social media accounts, think it would be easier talk. You too bud, keep going!

zaine7673 Cannabis Rehab Guest

Hey sam, happy to do that but cant find a way to pm you here and not too comfortable giving out personal info on a public forum. Maye i have to be registered to send pm?

And believe me i know what you mean about the cigerrette consumption going up. However i decided to quit both so you can imagine the struggle lol

Yeah you do need to register, if you do send me a message and let me know.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising