+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relapsed... Starting over - Learn from my mistakes

Default Relapsed... Starting over - Learn from my mistakes

So my first break from weed was almost a year long. I don't know why, but I relapsed pretty easily. I thought the time was enough so I can control it. What a lie... you can never control it - once addicted, always addiceted. Do not forget it. After the first relapse I took another 3-4 weeks without smoking, but then it started as a casual once-per-month thing.

After not smoking for a year, and having a strong will to not get in the trap again, it was quite easy to smoke just here and there. The problem is you don't really realize what's happening behind the scenes. The little "weed devil" is back, and he is plotting his comeback inside your head.

The process was slow, it took about another 8 months to go back to daily use. Of course I still had something in mind, and didnt smoked as heavily as I did before, but still it was a minimum of 1-1,5 grams per day (that's about 4-5 cigars on average size).

The point of this thread is to tell everybody, and hopefully remind my future-self that controlled-use is out of the picture. If you got to the point where you was a daily smoker - you can't undo it. In my case it was 8 months, it could have been 18 months - it doesn't matter. If you start smoking again, you will get back to daily use, and it's all about time to happen.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Don't let your brain give you these "justified" thoughts that you are strong, that you can do it. I'm sorry, but most likely you can't. I can't either. We wouldn't be here otherwise.

Best of luck everybody!
    I'm already 10 days sober, and going forward.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

I know most people here are first time quitters, not many relapsers like me, so here is some information and some motivation for you. If there are other relapsers - I'd love to have a word with a fellow hustler.

1. When do you get back to normal?
    - It really depends on your body, and your use before the quit. For me it took about 6 months to actually start feeling what "normal" was like. Too bad I didn't stayed there for long, and relapsed several months after that.

2. Is it like "completely normal"?
    - I can't say exactly, perhaps Im not experienced enough. Taking apart that you are an ex drug addicted - yes, everything goes back to normal. Your emotions, feelings, dreams, socializing, food taste, state of mind - it's all good. However, the feeling you are an ex addict could be hunting you for a long time, which isn't necessary a bad thing - it reminds you of who you are, and that you should be VERY CAREFUL. (Please be!)

3. When does withdrawal symptoms go away?
    - I remember that the first 3-4 weeks were a living hell. After this everything start coming back together. It takes time, give your body the time to heal and recover, you abused it after all...

After the first month it's really easier, but the cravings, and the normal feelings came around month 5 or 6 for me. It could be different for you, it's important to say I also had really bad timing for quitting weed - a lot of other bad stuff happened by that time.

If you have any questions - shoot! I'm currently following the forums to exchange thoughts and experience with others.

Staying sober can be a life times struggle, depending on the person, the drug and the extent of the addiction etc. I am not saying that some don't find it easier than others because every experience can be different but usually if you are a proper full blown addict then staying sober is going to be a life time struggle and not just in terms of staying of your previous drug of choice but also various possible others at whatever point in the future you may be tempted to succumb.

So try not to feel too bad and just learn the lesson that although it may well get easier as time goes by that giving into temptation will always be a risk that you will have to be at your upmost vigilance against. As always anyone who needs our help will always be welcome no matter how many times it takes and unfortunately it often does take a number of attempts and I hope this time round will be the one of success for you.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Thank you for your wise words, admin, they are highly appreciated!

I do agree that depending on the addiction level this could be a life time battle. After my break, I really thought I got things under control.
    Other drugs could be an issue for many people, but luckily for me it's really easy to turn down any drug related offer down quite easily without a second thought. Ive never tried anything other than weed, and I believe I can keep it this way. I already know what drugs do to you.

Stay strong everybody!

whyamihere, you're correct. It's tough to quit a habit and feel strong yourself. When I feel this way, the next day I get more addicted by my habit.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising