+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dealing with the Insomnia and how long does it last?

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Dealing with the Insomnia and how long does it last?

Just wondering how long the not sleeping last or is it just me? I'm on day 36 and I still can't get a good nights sleep.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Try 5-htp

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just wondering how long the not sleeping last or is it just me? I'm on day 36 and I still can't get a good nights sleep.
    Hi! Horrible insomnia has been to me the worst part of my quit. A doctor told me to take 5-htp, 100 mg in the morning and 100 mg at night. It is an amino acid---the precursor of serotonin which is a building block of trytophan (i am sure I spelled wrong, sorry!) which is what makes you sleepy. THC in pot has flooded your serotonin receptors (brains feel good chemical) so your brain has shut some down. This can take many months for your brain to balance and normalize.
    After taking the 5-htp (get at any drugstore or vitamin shop) for 3-4 days I found I was finally sleeping.....at 10 days I was finally falling asleep within 30 minutes or so getting 7 hours of sleep (sometimes waking up once or so but mercifully falling back to sleep). It will also help the stability of your moods. It has really helped my quit. I have also found that quietly praying, reading my Bible, and actively focusing on gratitude to my Saviour Jesus each day has really quieted my mind. I am prone to racing thoughts etc, part of the reason Pot so hooked me was to numb myself and help me sleep. These two things have really helped my quit. Oops one other thing on the 5-htp----doctor told me not to take for more than two months.....that should be long enough to help normalize your circadian rhythms. God bless you and your efforts toward recovering your sobriety and your "life abundant".

This sounds really bad. Without sleeping 36 days, I can't believe. Check out with doctor ASAP!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising