+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accountability Thread: 40-Days Quitting Smoking Today!

Default Accountability Thread: 40-Days Quitting Smoking Today!

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I know I have addictive habits with intoxication from cannabis and I know I need accountability so every day on this thread for 40 days will post "I do not smoke" meaning today I have not smoked.

My story is that I started smoking cannabis at 16 with friends. Really enjoyed the closeness with my friends and it became associated for me with smoking weed. It became a daily habit almost immediately and my personality became created partly by it and I feel it has been damaging to my nervous system and mental state. I am now 28 and have smoked almost daily and multiple times a day in blunts, papers, pipes, etc for over ten years. High everyday is not my true self and I want to be my true self. I know after 40 days of accountability I will hve the sobriety to make a choice to not smoke again.

Thank you very much for providing this forum and greetings to everyone. I look forward to catching up with the posts and getting inspiration from others. I know I need this and have only just now embraced that reaching out for help is needed. Its been a really hard time. I have smoked weed in an uncomfortable unhealthy way overdoing it and feeling low self-esteem anxiety fear. I have found meditation and yoga and guidance to change my life and mindset and I am having trouble releasing smoking from my life.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

If you have not smoked today please say it or give me encouragement as I have never felt that for not smoking and I need it. Thank you

T

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hello BigDog22 and welcome to the group,

I haven't smoked today but then again it has been over a decade for me now, not to say I wasn't quite the little blazer, I used to cane a minimum of an eighth a day of very strong hydro 15-20% THC and used to do a bit of Gardening to if you get my drift. You could well say I was well into it.

Anyhow all that aside I think the best thing for you to pursue and I mean in a real thelemic do what thou wilt type way (roughly meaning find your thing and really get into it) is the yoga and meditation, if it works for you that is which I know not everyone can get that into it but if you can that kind of thing along with exercise can be such a great tool for achieving what it is you are setting out to do in terms of staying of the gear.

Anyway that's my main advice but you have done good so far so keep up the good work, sorry it took you a few times to post, new posts (first 10) go into moderation as a anti spam measure then when we know you better they go straight through.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Hi Bigdog,

I haven't smoked today and I am so glad that I haven't. I wish you all the best with your quit. It is not easy sometimes, but it is soooo worth it :-) I think your idea of being accountable is a good one, and you may find, as I have that supporting other people in their journey can reinforce your resolve and keep you in the right mindset. The board is also great if you need to let off steam, or find your way through a craving.

In my experience there is a LOT to be gained from quitting. I am much more switched on than I was when I smoked and I am happier too :-)

All the best wishes for your quit. I know you can do this!!

Cheers,
    Alice

BigDog22, welcome man! Good to see you're determined to quit smoking. Yes it's possible to beat this addiction. Just be confident.

My story is similar to yours..i am from Kenya and I have been a regular smoker for the past 3 years. I don't like the feeling of being high 24/7 that's why I am deciding to change my ways for a greater good. My weed detox starts today October 4th I pray to God the He helps me through this trying time

cheers alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising