+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine's Quit Blog

Been feeling rough today with preggo symptoms and it's 28 degrees C which is seriously hot for us Brits (I'm not good in the heat). Not had any cravings but then have never been a fan of smoking a lot when it is very warm.
    It has struck me today how much better my mental health seems to have been in only these few weeks since quitting smoking pot. I've also halved my dose of anti depressants since finding out I'm pregnant but I feel pretty darn good mentally. It is starting to make me realise just how weed effects medication. Feeling really positive and like I'm starting to turn a corner. I think it's been 21 days minus 4 from the weekend I caved.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Well done sunshine, keep up the good work, it's funny how both drink and drugs can render ADs less effective so maybe now you may not need as high a dose.

Today has been scorching! Us Brits really aren't used to sunshine like this!

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

So spent the last 3 days feeling very preggo nauseous. I can't think of anything less I want to do than smoke when like this so that is at least keeping any cravings away.

So shocked at how level headed I feel since stopping weed. I even have faith that I may be able to get off the ADs completely sometime in the not too distant future.

Yesterday I was going to pop in and see a friend who smokes and told my OH this. In the end I didn't because she had to go out so I just went for a walk instead. This morning the OH assumed I'd smoked last night. I was pretty offended by his assumption as I really want to try and be the best mum I can be and I wouldn't dream of chuffing now I am preggers. I pointed out to him that I only ever crave it when I can smell it because he seems to think he can't go without. Expecting a child has changed my perspective on life so much. I just hope he has this realisation soon and stops it for good. I have made it clear I am not prepared to bring a child up with stoner parents and I stand by that. I know I can't force him to quit but really hope he comes to a sensible decision over the next few weeks/months.

How's it going sunshine? I hope the pregnancy is going ok. My doc want's to up my sertraline (yes I'm in the club too) as he thinks it may help with my crappy memory. Not sure whether to give it a try...

Anyway hope you are well,

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

What dose of Sertraline are you currently on? I found Sertraline very effective but had a lot of side affects so eventually changed to fluoxetine.

I'll be honest this pregnancy malarky is really hard. Been feeling so rough and have a kidney infection on top. Haven't been getting out much due to feeling rough so feeling quite lonely and isolated. Add that to the hormones and it makes for a very down in the dumps Sunshine at times.

Had some bad news health wise yesterday (nothing to do with pregnancy/baby) and things kind of got on top of me to the point where I would have liked to have smoked a big fatty. That has been the first time in a while that I have thought about weed to be honest but just goes to show that the habit of turning to it to block out emotions is still there. I don't think I'll cave whilst pregnant but it does concern me once baby is here that I might try to sneak off for one and end up back where I was.

Hope everyone else is managing to stay strong. We can beat this!

I am on 100mg and my doc says he thinks I would get more benefit if I try 200mg, the sides from what I have heard really do depend on the person, a bit like weed, both sertraline and fluoxetine have supposedly relatively low side effects profiles although again either can be hell if the individuals body just doesn't like it, so for me it could be great but for you a total nightmare.

I have tried fluoxetine and for me it is good too, either seem to suit me ok but I probably have a pretty different need for taking them as tic disorders like TS run in my family along with OCD, etc. And are life long disorders so if like me you choose to treat it with medication it's a long term thing but hey never mind there's worse in life at east I can swear at people and say I can't help it as I have TS (just kidding).

Stay strong and do your best but if you do ever cave especially when you have had the baby don't ever feel you can't come back and ask for support as long as you are willing to try we will always try and help.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

Sorry, been rather absent lately. Touch wood things haven't been too bad. I did have a dream one night about smoking weed with an ex and woke up with the strongest urge for it. I even asked the OH if he had any and had he said yes I would have demanded he give me some. Luckily he said no (likely lies but am glad about it). Have had a few other odd urges but nothing like the post dream one. Really had an urge to go and get drunk too the other day. Miss being able to let my hair down.

Feel like I'm slipping back to my old selfish ways as get more used to the idea of pregnant. over the excitement and novelty of it now (and nausea which helped keep thoughts of smoking at bay) so could easily end uo falling off the wagon. I don't think I would smoke but it worries me from time to time.

Hope everyone else is staying strong. Most days are easier than the beginning now but it's amazing how strong the pull can be after being addicted for sub a long time. Each day passed is one more further from.being that addict though so just got to keep plodding on. Xx

NothinBeatsAFailLikeATry Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Well done

Congratulations on your great news! I'm proud of you for giving up as I didn't for either of mine. I was 19 when I had my first and giving up wasn't even a consideration. I look back and think that poor child was stoned. Everyone thought I had the perfect child cos all he did was sleep (breastfed) but upon reflection I know the truth. Thankfully there was no consequences for my actions as he's now a healthy teenager. He did smoke for about a year but has now given up after my constant reminder of turning into me (he is determined not to be anything like my lazy self). My second pregnancy I had the dad around and he would only let me have a few drags in the evening if I bugged him enough but this was only in the second trimester, the cravings were really strong around that time. After she was born smoking in the evening slowly crept back in as ex was a big smoker, remember expressing and discarding my milk as not to make the same mistake twice.

With regards to stoner parents - my son took advantage of me when he knew I'd smoked cos I'd say yes to just about everything to stop him bugging me. I've only smoked in the evenings and weekends with the second child so she's not experienced stoner mum and I don't want her to ever meet her either. So as the bedtimes get later, glad I'm giving up.

Keep strong your baby needs you to be the best you can be.

Peace and blessings 😘

Good work Sunshine. I think you are doing a really good thing and your unborn child will thank you for it. As you say, you just have to let time pass. It will get easier! If I am pretty much completely over it five months in, you have the second half of your pregnancy to look forward to being able to relax and enjoy your new drug free life. Good luck!

Thanks ladies, I've felt better again this past week with no major urges. The OH has massively cut down at the now too and only having 2 or 3 spliffs max over the weekend which helps me aswell. He's doing it away from our house and although I can tell from his eyes that he has smoked, he is being extra good about making sure he doesn't smell of it which also helps me in terms of fewer cravings.
    I'm hopeful he will eventually pack it in completely but I know it needs to be in his own time. His tolerance is right down now with not smoking in the week so seems to want less and less (also can for our bank balance).

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising