+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine's Quit Blog

Default Sunshine's Quit Blog

I hope Alice doesn't mind me nicking her idea but I've decided to start my own quit blog thread. I'm feeling the need to post daily at the moment so figured one thread would be better than multipleones and it to help me track my progress without the need to flick between many threads.

So it's day 4 and last night I was awake after roughly 4 hours kip. Managed to doze off again around 6am for a couple hours, but woke up having had a very vivid, not very pleasant dream and was drenched in sweat.

Last night (night 3) I was feeling pretty good beside a little feeling hot/cold and wasn't particularly craving weed. I think the real challenge will be Friday eve and the weekend as my partner will be back from working away which I expect to trigger cravings for our weekend ritual of chuffing away on the sofa. We have planned to go out Friday eve for some drinks so that will help to keep our minds off smoking for a bit at least.

Anyway, back today 4 - feeling very low on energy right now and no appetite. I haven't been eating as much, which along with the lack of sleep is probably causing the low energy. Bonus is if this keeps up I should shed some of the extra lbs out on from my munchie days.

Feeling fairly positive re quitting. I really want this badly to help my chances of conceiving.

Hope everyone else out there is doing ok. Keep up the good work.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Sunshine

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

It's day 5 and my appetite seems to have come back with a vengeance which is good as I realised I've lost 4-5lbs since last week. Went for a curry with my parents last night and not eaten that much in yonks. Had a fairly good day yesterday and not having any daytime cravings at all, but then I never smoked during the day except occasionally at weekends anyway.

Last night I did get a bit paranoid about my relationship and a little emotional/needy which I'm sure is down to quitting weed. Luckily the other half has been patient with me and will be back this evening and we're going to talk through my quit attempt etc.

Slept much better last night (11pm - 5:30am) but still a bit tired so might try having a nap later. Was a bit jittery (anxy) first thing this morning but that subsided fairly quickly once I got up. So all in all things are going quite well. If I can get through this weekend, that will be my hardest stint out of the way (I always cave after a few days and especially at weekends).

Sunshine

Hi Sunshine, it is good to hear you are doing well. A better appetite and mood are just some of the benefits that are coming your way! I think it is good that you are writing a blog, it is a good way to work through some of your cravings and to stay accountable.

I am worried for you this weekend with your boyfriend coming back and smoking around you. It will be hard to stay strong when he is smoking. But I hope you can do it. I know that you guys want to start a family and I would suggest that your partner's use would impact on your plans too.

I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. You have so much goodness in front of you!

Good luck this weekend! Weekends are the hardest for me too, but it does get easier - promise

Sunshine, thanks for making this thread and sharing your recovery experience. Good to know your physical and mind conditions are developing positively.

So I went AWOL over the weekend and have to hang my head in shame as I caved and smoked. I know I should have come straight on here and posted but it's easier said than done when you're out and about with friends.

I was ok Friday evening until Wales had a cracking win against Belgium in the Euro cup quarter finals. That led to a night of celebratory boozing and a couple of doobs late Friday night (and Saturday and Sunday and Monday).

Anyway I'm feeling psyched to get back on the wagon and quit this shizzle for good. The boyfriend and I have agreed to quit together from this week forward so no risk of him getting any. My good friend who is also a stoner has been supportive and suggested places to meet other than her house so that I'm not around it.

So rather than start back at day 1 I'm calling today day 9 (-4).

Going to busy myself today and get down the gym for a bit of distraction time.

Sunshine

Hi Sunshine,

It is good to hear from you. I know from experience, that the path to being clean can be off and on, until you really realise how much better life is without it. It sounds understandable, if you were out celebrating and other people were smoking, that it would be easy to cave, and smoke some. I think it is really encouraging that your boyfriend is prepared to quit too, and this will provide so much better of an environment to bring a baby into. Who wants a stoned parent? It is not cool.

I am glad that your friends are being supportive, and I think that you are helping yourself by going to the gym. It would be hard if your whole culture is smoking around you, and going out is going to be a trigger every time, but I hope that you and your boyfriend can find your way through this.

It is so nice to be on the other side. It is amazing how much better my brain works, and my social intelligence is increased and I feel so much better. You will feel like this too! You just need to give it time :-)

Cheers,
    Alice

Thanks Alice. Must admit I'm feeling a lot more positive about quitting smoking and can't say I've had any real urges today to smoke at all. I've been pretty preoccupied with other things though so that's pronably kept me from thinking about chuffing.

Just trying to stay in a good headspace. Got a busy day planned laying turf tomorrow so should be another good day for distraction tactics.

So I was good and haven't smoked since Monday (it's now Thursday am).

Felt insanely tired yesterday afternoon and had a mamouth 4 hour nap which was probably a bad idea as the insomnia started last night. Feeling tired this morning and have lower back ache (no idea why as didn't think that was a withdrawal sypmtom - anyone else had this? Maybe I just strained something at the weekend. Anyway I have things to be done and a house to clean so ploughing myself into it today to keep busy.

Strangely I haven't had any real cravings so far this week. I feel like I'm 'over it' which is daft asince I caved at the weekend, after 5 days of no smoking. Dangerous territory probably as I am an addict and therefore it is going to take time to kick this for good.

I hope everyone else is doing ok. Keep up the good work and stay positive.

Hi Sunshine,

Good to hear you are doing well. Staying busy can definitely help and it sounds as though you are doing a great job. I know that you said that one of your main reasons for quitting is to be in a better position to start a family. I just wanted to let you know that all that menstrual stuff improves out of sight after a few months. Without going into too much detail, I think that weed really affects our cycles a lot. It is so great to be on the other side and getting healthier every month. It is good

Enjoy the rest of the week. It sounds like the weekends are hardest for you, as they were with me, but it is possible to enjoy your weekends and you will, once your brain builds new neural patterns.

Good luck!

Well I have a bit of news. I found out that I'm pregnant this week; was a complete suprise as we weren't trying as such. So shocked it has happened so soon but also ecstatic as is the other half. It's very early days so might not progress (but keeping fingers crossed). Needless to say, there is no way on earth I will be smoking again EVER. I can't explain it but I want this baby (well embryo atm) so much and won't be doing anything to risk it.
    Have been to the docs today to discuss tapering my meds. I haven't had any cravings at all this week and have zero interest in smoking. All I want to do is focus on my pregnancy. OH had been so supportive (from a distance as away working), he's back later but won't be smoking at all.
    I just hope I haven't done too much damage in the past couple of weeks where I have smoked.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising