+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cannabinoid Hyperemesis

Selkiedancer Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Cannabinoid Hyperemesis

I think I have Cannabinoid Hyperemesis and would like to hear from others who have experienced similar symptoms. In a nutshell the syndrome is a periodic issue with vomiting that shows up after many years of chronic use. For me it exhibits as a 1 to 4 day bout of violent vomiting. The first 12 hours I have cold sweats, extreme lethargy and brain fog, violent puking every half hour and delirium. After that I try all sorts of anti nausea medicine and natural remedies but nothing helps. After 3 days my potassium gets dangerously low and my body begins to cramp up so I end up in the hospital. After symptoms subside I have months of perfect health. Then unexpectedly I get hit again, sometimes after a poor food choice, sometimes after intense exposure to cannabis such as trimming. This syndrome is very rare, but scary and costly to those who have it. The only cure is to quit apparently. Not very much information or support out there for it. Anyone else have experience with this type of attack? I was told it presents in many different ways.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Yeah I've had it and been on the drip in hospital after pucking for so many days I was dehydrating and losing salts potassium, etc and yes you basically have to quit if you don't want it to keep happening, I had it at least twice and they could never find anything wrong but I pretty much knew it was linked to my massive consumption at the time.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Oh and yes the only relief for me was hot showers, which is kind of another way I can be fairly sure it was that, I remember thinking at the time how weird it was that they relieved the sickness but looking back now it basically fits.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Selkiedancer Cannabis Rehab Guest

I was not relieved by hot showers and had no severe pain in my abdomen, that is one of the reasons I denied the possibility of cannabis toxicity for so long. But a medical professional told me it can present in different ways for different people. I figured I would quit for a year and see if it helps. Now I am thinking that the lack of joyful feelings during detoxing may be a good reason to stay off it. I have had one puff in the last month and I don't need to feel high, it is just a "stuff bag" for my emotions. Dealing with those stuffed emotions is part of the difficulty of quitting.

Interesting I see, like I say the shower thing was in many ways what made me think that it must of been that as it is such a strange thing IMO to relieve something that's making you feel sick, apparently non cannabis related Hyperemesis/sickness doesn't have that effect, but again like everything with this weird and wacky drug the symptoms of so many of it's effects what ever the situation whether they are positive or negative can vary so much from person to person and if I've learned anything from running this place it's the extremely different reactions an individual can have.

BTW I don't really remember having too much pain maybe a bit of stomach cramp from puking but boy was I sick I couldn't even keep down a sip of water which is why like I say I needed the drip to maintain my fluids and not dehydrate.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

I am sorry to hear that you have both been through this. It sounds awful!!

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising