+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: TTMO's quitting journey and journal

Hi Alice,

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

I will only keep taking cyclobenzaprine if required. I took it every night for almost 3 weeks when I just saw today that the bottle said "take 1 week and then when required". I expect that tonight will be rough.

I guess my brain needs to readjust after years of dopamine surcharge from smoking.

wish me luck

ttmo

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi TTMO,

Always a good plan to take the medication 'as directed' especially with something like sleep medication, which can be addictive. I wouldn't wish a nasty benzo addiction on you. That could be a disaster.

Maybe it was the Valerian root that was affecting you so badly previously. It is not the first time that I have heard of a herbal remedy making a situation so much worse. Maybe without it, your sleep will be not so bad. Good luck tonight.

Definitely talk to your doctor about it though. Maybe he or she will prescribe something non addictive.

Yes, your brain definitely needs to readjust - and it WAS a dopamine surcharge. It takes time for your brain to rewire itself, and all those dopamine receptors are open right now, wondering when then dopamine rush is coming. That is probably why you are feeling so impatient.

I am feeling irritable and impatient today too. I am planning to just go with it, and wait to see the other side.

GOOD LUCK!!! I am completely rooting for you

Cheers,
    Alice

Hi TTMO,

I just wanted to say congratulations for making it to a month cannabis free. That is a great effort - you are doing great!

I found that after about six weeks, I started to notice that I was not thinking about cannabis as much. I am sure everyone is different, but I hope that it will start to get a lot easier for you soon.

Are you noticing any positive benefits so far?

Cheers,
    Alice

It has been 1 month today, which is close to my all time record without weed in my life.

I have to admit I feel tired, result of some persisting difficulties to sleep well. I have a hard time falling asleep and usually wake up 2-3 times per night, because of bad dreams.

The think I look for the most is being able to concentrate for long periods, being able to have clarity and focus. Also I find myself dwelling on my life conditions, a little depressed.

I know those feelings are temporary so I continue to exercise my positive attitude. I have seen some improvements on my patience.

I am still very motivated to move on with my life without MJ. I have learned from my mistakes and will not let my thoughts convince me. One day at the time, I will get better.

Thanks for reading,

TTMO

Hi TTMO,

I am sorry you are feeling a bit depressed lately. It is understandable. Your brain is going through a period of change, and it is not getting those large doses of dopamine that were associated with your cannabis use. The good news is that it does get better, and maybe you are even learning more about ways of dealing with uncomfortable feelings, and how to self soothe yourself to get through periods of depression.

It is also understandable that you are feeling tired. I have read that the sleep disruption lasts for about 6 - 7 weeks. I found that I was having nightmares for a while beyond that.

It is so good to focus on the positives. Your relationships will be so much richer and more connected and you will have a better use of your brilliant mind. Clarity and focus are great rewards.

A month is amazing! You are doing so great! Congrats

Cheers,
    Alice

Hi TTMO,

How is it going? Still winning?

Wishing you all the best,
    Alice

Default Saddle up and be a man!

Hi Y'all

O-M-G. This feels like Groundhog day once again. I am petrified. I have been wanting to quit for a very long time. I have been trying to quit for years. Some of you might think I am a coward. I am. I keep coming back to find my strength to quit again. I suck at quitting lets be honest. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I am great at not finishing stuff. An extreme procrastinator.

I want to be known as a "Do-er" and not a "Do-it later...but never" average dude.

How do I not care more about my own word to myself?

Where do I even start to start over?? If recognizing your addiction is the first step, I guess I don't quite know how to make a permanent change? How do I combat the thoughts, urges and rationality fights in my brain?

I read a post for a forum user yesterday and it struck a new chord. I want/need to quit but something keeps pulling me back. DAMN weed!

At this point, today, I am not even worthy enough to be writing here as my latest quit days are already a distant foggy memory.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Breathe.................

Think........

Be present!

TTMO

Hi TTMO,

Good to hear that you are still on this journey to quitting cannabis.

What struck me about your post is the fact that until you actually stop smoking, all of this is 'in your head'. To be honest, all that of that mind stuff can really put you off your game, when the time comes to actually DO something. Maybe it is like exercise and the moment that you hook up on all the reasons why not, you are gone.

The basic fact of the matter is that cannabis is addictive. That is what is drawing you back in. It is no big or profound secret. You have dopamine receptors and they demand to get fed, that is why you keep going back to it. Once the receptors are dead or dormant, there is no pull!

As a first step, maybe you can look back over your notes from your last quit attempt and find something that worked last time. Even if you can't recall completely, there may be things that you remember worked last time, when you made it quite some time without cannabis. If they worked last time, they are more likely to work this time. In the same vein, looking at things that didn't work last time can help too.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising