+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My weed withdrawal story so far (Day 3)

Default My weed withdrawal story so far (Day 3)

Hello all,

This is my first post on here. I'm 21, and have been smoking all day everyday for about 2 years (minus the times when i had to go visit family or something). For the past couple months or so, I was smoking more and more everyday (waking and baking). And recently in the past year, I have been dealing with horrible anxiety and depression when I smoke. This past year, Anytime I smoked, I didn't want to talk to anyone, go out and do anything, I developed bad anxiety, and I would always blush if all the attention was on me when I was high. It started taking a toll on my relationships with my family and friends. Ive been trying to quit for the past month with no avail and little motivation. This all culminated of me having a panic attack on New Years Eve after smoking all day.

But after NYE, I decided to kick it. Not only do I not want to suffer from bad anxiety and depression, but I have an internship in the summer, and they are drug testing, so I am determined to quit and I feel like i have a lot of motivation this time.

I have been on this site before, researching withdrawal symptoms, so I am somewhat familiar of whats going to happen in the next couple of weeks. I thought journaling my withdrawal period would help me. (maybe a 30 day journal).

Well here are my symptoms

(Day 1):
    I felt horrible. Honestly felt like i was about to have another panic attack. My anxiety was through the roof. My heart was beating super fast, I was sweaty. Didn't really crave MJ, just felt like s***. I had insomnia of course. I had valerian root, but still didn't go to bed till like 3 or 4 in the morning. It sucked.

(Day 2):
    Still had a ton of anxiety. My heart was beating fast throughout the day. Went to the gym and lifted, I felt good during exercising and after. Once night rolled around anxiety returned. Felt depressed. I did go get melatonin that day, and it did help with insomnia. Still have that brain fog too.

(Day 3):
    Today is my 3rd day off of MJ. Pretty much tying my record for the past two years. Still have horrible anxiety (When does this subside?) but I felt a little clearer in the head, and my heart wasn't SO crazy like its been. I've had no appetite for these last 3 days, and barely had anything to eat. And I am ready for the night with my melatonin.

I have 10 days until my classes start, So I hope I'm getting the worst part over with. I've heard the first 4 days were the worst.

Anyways thats it for now. I'll to post more in the future. Please let me know if any you are in the similar stage as I am and maybe we can trade tips and tricks of how to deal with this.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hey,

How is it going? I am not at the same stage as you, but I hope that you will find people to chat to, who are going through the same thing as you. Journalling is definitely a good idea, as it can help you get into the right mindset. You are doing a really good thing! The anxiety will subside soon. It is good to hear that you have found melatonin is helping with your sleep.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

I quit just after classes started last year, and I couldn't believe how much better my cognitive functioning was after a month or so quit.

Good luck!

Cheers,
    Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising