+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hard work pays off it's your brain take control

Red2505 Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Hard work pays off it's your brain take control

After over 19 years of smoking cannabis 7 days a week from first thing in the morning to last thing at night I suddenly decided to quit on New Year's Eve . I had tried to cut down before only smoking after 5pm having 3-4 joints a night this worked for a few months but I'd find myself making excuses such as I've got family coming tonight so I'll have my smoke earlier or I was going somewhere so I'd soon slip back into my old routine of waking up in morning making a cuppa And rolling a spliff . It come to the point where I'd wake up feeling quite lively then once I'd smoked a spliff I'd feel less lively more down than up then I'd be smoking all day just to get to the point where I felt stoned enough to be happy which started to make me feel what is the point of this ? . I could easier smoke a sack a day and more if I visited friends . So I decided to quit and now I'm 31 days pot free and I'm feeling really good . Don't get me wrong hardest thing I've probably done your brain becomes your enemy you are born again with out a doubt everything's different from friends to family , work , food , emotions and the hardest part sleep . But I believe if you want to stop something then you can and the only person who can help you is you . Tips get a big calendar and mark each day off , eat healthy , join a gym , smoke cigarettes wen you get urge stay away from confrontation if poss , and believe in your self once you get over the 21 day mark this is when you feel the benefits free mind and happier . First two weeks I was paranoid felt anxious sweated a lot and when you dream it so real and visual it wakes you up and stays with you all day plus falling asleep is impossible at times also the passing of time seems so fast it's like a day passes in 6 hours .trust me after 19 years a hard smoker I've managed 31days and I feel good life is better I respect life more stick with it and you can do it .

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Red,

Congratulations on 31 days quit. That is awesome!! And I think your tips will help other people who are quitting. Thanks for sharing your experience.

It is so good to hear that you are starting to get some relief from the withdrawals and that you are starting to notice the positives of quitting cannabis. I started really noticing that my mind was working better and that I wasn't craving weed any more around the six week mark. I hope that you continue to see improvements and that these improvements inspire you to keep going. You have come so far!

I think your words will motivate others who are trying to quit. And I agree, it is really worth it. Life is precious. Remember that we will always be here, if you need somewhere to vent or need to write out a tricky crave. I found the three month mark really difficult and this forum was invaluable to me, because it gave me a space to talk myself down.

Congrats! You are doing great!

Cheers,
    Alice

Default Go Red Go

Congrats Red,

My story is a lot like yours in so many ways. Your words are empowering and give me hope that I can do it too.

Just don't make the mistake to think you can have "just a puff" or that "one small joint won't hurt".

Keep going, you are on the right path.

TTMO

Yes, I agree TTMO! The reason why just a puff, or one small joint doesn't work is because when you become addicted to cannabis you have a whole heap of dopamine receptors open to receive the dopamine that smoking consistently produces. When you quit, these shut down, which is why you can feel so bad when you are quitting, but so much better once they are shut down (usually after about three months).

The problem with just one puff, or one small joint, is that on smoking, instantaneously EVERY SINGLE dopamine receptor that was open when you were smoking full time, or regularly or whatever opens up again. This means that it literally demands the same level of intake of cannabis as when you were smoking regularly to satisfy the dopamine receptors. That is why BANG, you are back to the normal level. It can take a bit of time, but this is what happens. That is why people notice it creeping back in.

Having one joint can make your journey so much harder, because it opens up all those receptors and then they have to shut down again. It is a nightmare. I have seen other people go through it, and I wouldn't recommend it.

Cheers,
    Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising