+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ms

KelfromCle Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Ms

Ok this is my first time on one of these sites but I'm trying everything I can this time. I've been smoking multiple times a day for the past 6 years. Started in college and now I'm in my late 20s and I just don't want to do it anymore. Same with my fiancé. We met and started smoking together and haven't stopped since. We didn't used to think there was anything wrong with daily use after all our work for the day was done. He's trying to quit now too so I have him for support but we are struggling together. We've tried multiple times for about a year to quit but we just end up breaking down in a day or two and going to get some more. I work in a field where I may get tested and I just have been feeling so unhealthy lately, emotionally and physically. I don't know when weed became my catch all to solve all my problems but it is now. When ever I'm feeling sad or disappointed, smoke some weed. Family issues, smoke some weed. Even when it's time to celebrate, I don't drink so it's always like I want to smoke weed and relax and be happy. I just can't take the emotions and the constant zombie state and never being able to remember anything anymore. I feel like it's been such a long time that I don't even know if I can fix my life anymore. Its devastating to think that I would have to leave my career if I can't fix this but it's also equally devastating to me to think that I will never enjoy weed again. I don't know that I would every be able to find things that make me happy like weed does. I want to look forward to a happy and healthy future with my fiancé but I just can't see it right now. I love him so much, it's so heartbreaking that there is this third person in our relationship who controls us both. Any positive thoughts and support would be so appreciated right now. I just want to know that it's going to get better.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi KelfromCle,

It does sound like you need some positive thoughts. I think that it is definitely possible to have a better, more healthy life without weed. I also think that you will be able to find happiness without weed. I have been quit for about a year now and I am still noticing positive benefits, especially to my cognition. After about six weeks I really noticed a huge improvement. It just takes time.

It sounds like you and your boyfriend are in a tricky situation because you give each other a 'way out' to go and get some more. It can be hard with another person to maintain the resolve not to smoke, but I think that if you both focus on the reasons that you want to quit and make your quit non negotiable, you can do it.

One thing that really helped me, was to come to this forum and post when I was having cravings and also regularly to read other people's experiences and their success with quitting. It can get you into the right mindset to quit and keep you there. This is half the battle, because weed is such a psychological addiction.

You and your boyfriend could also try therapy. I think it is important that you both do work on your mindset, together and individually.

Good luck!
    Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising