+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please help, first post. need to quit and can't do it alone.

Default please help, first post. need to quit and can't do it alone.

Good morning everyone,
    My name is Luke, I am 21 and started smoking weed when I was 16, originally had the balance just right. I was studying music so it was always around me and in honesty only a matter of time before I got too comfortable. When I finished college most of my friends moved onto university but I wasn't convinced and went into full time work. As soon as I did so, my cannabis consumption went through the roof. I am now at the point where I have been smoking 2/3 grams a day for the last three years. which essentially breaks down to roughly £450/500 a MONTH on weed.

typing this, I know it sounds ridiculous. how can I be spending such huge amounts for so long without realizing it was an issue? I absolutely feel that I am smoking to escape certain thoughts or fears but I can't say what, I just know when I don't smoke or know that I can't get hold of any i literally feel itchy all over, I become snappy, loose my appetite and make myself feel that i cannot sleep (although I do after watching Netflix for hours)

I began smoking as a way to make activities more interesting just as someone would drink when they went clubbing, but I now feel that smoking IS the activity and I won't want to go out or do any of the things I have ALWAYS enjoyed unless I have some maryjane.
    I have tried to quit multiple times but just can't do it. I always slip back into the 'one more bag' or 'just one a night for a week and then stop completly' but an hour after I have met my dealer, I am calling him again for more.
    It is beggining to make me feel like I have lost control of my own life, and I feel guilty that I feel bored/irritated if I am just chilling with my Mrs but don't have any weed, I don't want her to feel like she isn't enough for me or that I only care about weed. As long as she is there, I am okay. But when she leaves all I want to do is blaze up.
    yesterday was the dreaded 420 and I smoked SIX grams of weed and barely felt high, I am scared that now I've smoked so much it barely effects me but i still want to smoke constantly?

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

The reason I have finally decided to join and post is because this week I lost my job, I couldn't afford to buy a bag so I stole a DVD and traded it in for some quick cash. Obviously, I know that stealing is wrong I don;t need you to tell me that. But that's an example of how i become a different person when I don't have any. Luckily, I have literally two spliffs left. I am going to roll and smoke one after posting this. I want these to be the last two scoobys I ever have but feel I need the support of people who have been through it for me to turn to when I feel I have no reason not to smoke.

apologies that this post doesn't really have any specific questions, I don't even know if anyone will reply or how active the forums are. I just need some help.

One love,
    Luke

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Luke,

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with your decision to quit. At the end of the day it is an addiction, so it can be challenging to say the least. I know that you said that you have tried to quit in the past, and failed, but thinking back on those quit attempts, was there anything you did that felt like it worked? And what did not work so well? Each time we quit, we learn a little more about ourselves and what works. This can be very helpful.

To be honest, I think that the mind games are the hardest part of quitting. For that reason, posting often and reading other people's stories can be very helpful. It gets you and keeps you in the right mindset. When you are committed and clear about your purpose, it can be easier to handle the withdrawal symptoms.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with. I quit about a year ago, and i am so happy I did it. It is so nice not to be a slave to some kind of drug... And life is better. My mind is clearer, I am happier.

At the moment I am going through the last stages of nicotine withdrawal. It is not comfortable, but I know I have to go through it to get through it. As you do.

Good luck!
    Alice

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Alice can we chat

If this is the op, i.e. Luke then just to let you know if you get your post count above 10 for your registered username then your posts will no longer require moderation and you will be able to get quicker responses, which hopefully should help when you feel at your worst. Hang in there.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Hi there!

I am not quite sure how messaging works for unregistered users, but feel free to send me a message through my profile if you want to chat. It can be hard when we are all in different time zones, but I am sure there are some great strategies that you can use to get you through those crisis periods. Do you have a counsellor or therapist that you can talk to? Do you have some kind of help line in the country that you live in to give you immediate help?

Sending you good luck and best wishes!
    Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising