+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thank you

Default Thank you

Recently i was asked how long I'd smoked, I answered oh about 10 years. This was a white lie. I knew it was longer but didn't realise I'd been smoking for 17 years daily. (Well1 or 2 per night - lot more on weekends). I finally accepted I am/was dependent. I'm on day four of quitting (it's really difficult) & over those days (feels like longest days ever) I kept looking for advice on quitting etc & didn't really find much I could associate with (I'm 35 & a lot of the info I found was focused more on teenAgers or occasional/light smokers) then just now (browsing for help to keep my temptation away) I stumbled upon this site.
    WOW!
    This site is awesome. I feel a lot less alone in the struggle ( I'm from uk it's illegal & mostly frowned upon - plus only a few ppl know I'm a smoker- even harder to hide withdrawal symptoms)
    FINALLY! a group of people I can relate to.
    So basically this is a
    MASSIVE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!
    For being here & sharing your stories & struggles.
    I'm feeling hopeful again and will be reading up to keep me distracted & reassured I'm not alone
    Again thank you & good luck x

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Hi I can do this,

It is so good to hear that you have found something positive here on this site. I found the same thing when I was quitting. I found that reading everyone's stories, and posting regularly was a great distraction and kept me in a positive mindset about quitting. It is so much easier to deal with the withdrawal symptoms if you are in a positive frame of mind and this board can really help with that!

I read an interesting article about how addiction is often a cause of feeling lonely or blue, or struggling in some way, so it makes sense that if you can find some other people to share your struggles with, you may find it easier to succeed in your quit. People think that it is just the drug which is the issue with people who have addictions, and although the drug is causing the problems, it is the whole person who needs to be treated. Working on your happiness or your sense of belonging or community will have a huge impact on your quit.

Let us know how you are going and good luck!!

Cheers,
    Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising