+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New#hello#grateful xx

Default New#hello#grateful xx

Hello guys and a good evening to you all. I'm new to this forum and as today is my day1 quit attempt I thought it wise to see if there was any extra support I could receive and that's when I found this Web page. I've been smoking weed now for the past 11 years and in that space of time the longest I've successfully remained abstinent is 3 weeks :/ .....the effects are not at all enjoyable anymore, I've gone from being a really social person to a complete recluse and lost some really good friends along the way!!! I'm a single dad to my 8 year old son and I want him to have the person I once was to be his father, not this anxious, nervous wreck I've become. I suffer with bipolar disorder also and believe I could manage better without cannabis in my life!!! .....just want to have a clear mind and a better life without cannabis being a part of it. Any advice would be welcome and will look forward to talking to u folks about this common denominator we share. Many thanks, Jack.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Hi Jack!

Welcome It sounds like you have some great reasons for wanting to quit cannabis! Like you, I wanted to improve my thinking skills and social relationships. Quitting certainly did that! I feel like I connect with people so much more honestly now. I am so much more efficient and productive in my work too!

Since you are at the beginning of your quit, I would suggest finding different things that will help to distract you. I found this made withdrawal symptoms so much easier. This forum and reading everything you can find about other people's experiences with quitting cannabis can be good. I found that reading and posting helped to keep me in the right mindset and helped to pass some time. Quitting cannabis can make you feel as though you are so bored, but if you can distract yourself, it can help and it does get so much better, I promise!

Maybe you could join freshface and Busted Wagon in their threads, as they have just started their quits too! If you all support each other, you will all grow stronger together

Cheers,
    Alice

Hi Alice, really great to meet you . I'm feeling really positive this morning after getting a good 8 hours sleep last night. Will definitely take your advice and try join those threads you mentioned, I read a few last night and found inspiration in them especially busted wagons. The day has started nicely and instead of a bowl of bud for breakfast I've chose the healthier option of a bowl of porridge and a pint of water. Health and happiness is on its way to me slowly but surely!! ......keeping motivated.

Hi Jack,

Good to hear that your day started well. I think Busted Wagon is very inspiring too. It is great that you are all starting at about the same time. Quit buddies can help so much when the going gets tough.

I love that you have exchanged a bad habit for a good one this morning with your water and porridge. It feels so good to put good things into your body! I am in Australia and it is dinner time and I am eating a very nice pumpkin, leek, quinoa and chicken soup. So nourishing.

I hope you have a great day!! Are you working at the moment?

Cheers,
    Alice

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Positivity

Phwoaar that soup sounds lush!!! Im not working at the moment Alice, (sorry for getting deep) I lost my mum a couple of months ago and am having some time off work at the minute ....My Mum really disliked what cannabis did to me and what it took away from my personality and I made a promise to myself once she passed that once the day came where I felt I had the motivation to quit then I'd grab that chance with both hands!!! Fortunately that day came yesterday and I know I am a strong willed person and thankfully I'm quite clued up on things I should and shouldn't be doing at this early stage of quitting! lots of water and long walks and no caffeine etc and finding this forum was the icing on the cake for me !!! I can do this

hi there Jack,

You definitely can do this! I can see that you are a very strong and determined person, and you are doing all the right things!

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. That must be really hard. It is so good that something positive is coming out of it, and that you have found the opportunity to improve your life.

Hope you have a great weed free day!

Cheers,
    Alice

Thanks Alice onwards and upwards

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising