+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hello all, im new here so im saying hello :)

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Smile hello all, im new here so im saying hello :)

hello
    my names B im from the uk. i seem to have found myself on your website,
    i cant remember getting here tho
    erm,, ive been smokeing since 87, resin in the early days, the last 15-20 strong weed.
    i try and be silly and happy but truth is im really depressed, lost, totally feel like ive blown my life and i really need to sort it out. i gave up once in that time for 9 months, that was 6 years ago. is there any hope for me??
    ive read some posts on here. it all sounds very familier, sweaty nights and horrid dreams, relentlessly bored! but its real nice seeing the support you have for each other
    i havent really got a plan or anything, i guess tomorow morning i have to just not smoke spliffs :/
    Anyway, im glad i found myself here now, mabe you wouldnt mind if i come back?
    B

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi B,

Welcome! I think I speak for everyone when I say that you will always be welcome here

It sounds like you have some great reasons for wanting to quit weed. I quit because I felt like weed was mind pollution and it was affecting my relationships. I have really been enjoying living cannabis free.

In terms of managing your withdrawal symptoms, I found that gradually reducing my dose of cannabis helped me a lot. I started off not smoking before 5 pm, then skipping days, then quitting. The problem with this method is that it takes a fair bit of discipline to stick to the plan. I have met other people who started on some program like this, but then just fell back into their old smoking 24 / 7 ways.

It is a drug, so I guess it creeps in wherever it can. Maybe that is why research shows that it is best just to quit cold turkey and to deal with the withdrawal effects. That way it is done and you don't have to constantly be in a battle with 'will I, won't I?' smoke. In which case, yes, tomorrow (or some day soon) you need to not smoke spliffs.

It is important to understand that you are on a journey. Quitting cannabis can be challenging, and people find that they need to try a few times before it sticks. The important thing is to never lose sight of your goal. That way, every time you fall down you can pick yourself up and get back on track.

You might find that you can quit first time. That is great! Whatever happens from here, try to take note of what works, so that you build a quit toolbox of strategies that work for you.

I found that reading as much as possible of other people's experiences and the nature of the addiction as well as posting on this forum helped me to stay in the right mindset, which is so crucial to the process of giving up cannabis.

Good luck and come back any time!!

Alice

Hey B!

i would like to know how long you have been on this. i am on the eleventh and it has been pretty hard, hopefully it will get better. By the way, i personally think you can get it as you said you already did it once during 9 months, which is a considerable amount of time. let's just trust ourselves, i am sure we can do this.

best wishes,

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Andy

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising