+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jaog's quit journal

Unhappy Jaog's quit journal

I saw other posters that keep a journal and decided to create one of my own.

This is day one.

I usually don't smoke during the day. Sometimes I would on weekend days but rarely. Obviously, I will fully realize that I quit only tonight when I usually light up the vaporizer and further when I try to sleep. I am quite a bit nervous about it. I put my vape away, got rid of my left over weed and waiting patiently for the night to come. I am nervous about being weedless. No go-to hidden emergency stash. I haven't really stopped yet and I can't seem to be able to focus on work. I a way, I guess that the psychological effects are also part of quitting. Having the intention to quit is already something even if it has not been realized into skipping weed for a night.

I decided to quit pot because lately, I regretted every time I smoked. The biggest step is to decide to forego the weed when I am not under its immediate influence.

I hope that it will also have an impact on other habits that require self-control and self-regulation. When I smoke I have no control over food intake. I have little motivation left in me, little strength to force myself into doing what I should be doing and restraining myself from doing what I should not be doing.

I hope I can do this.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Joag,

You can certainly do this. Other people have done it. There is no reason why you can't too!

I think the withdrawal effects are nothing that you can't handle.

It sounds like you have some good reasons for quitting.

Posting and reading other people's stories is a good way of maintaining the right mindset. This is key to your success. The stronger you are in your mindset, the easier this will be.

I have found lots of benefits from quitting cannabis. I think that you will too!

I know that you can do this! Post whenever you need to.

Cheers,
    Alice

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Hi Joag,

You can certainly do this. Other people have done it. There is no reason why you can't too!

I think the withdrawal effects are nothing that you can't handle.

It sounds like you have some good reasons for quitting.

Posting and reading other people's stories is a good way of maintaining the right mindset. This is key to your success. The stronger you are in your mindset, the easier this will be.

I have found lots of benefits from quitting cannabis. I think that you will too!

I know that you can do this! Post whenever you need to.

Cheers,
    Alice
    Thank you for your welcome Alice. I have many more reasons to quit. One of the main problems I am anticipating is to keep the focus and objectives. Usually, it is after smoking that I want to quit. Come the next day at night and I don't feel so motivated to quit anymore. But tonight, I won't have a choice, I have nothing at home.

I just announced to my wife that I was quitting. She was a little surprised. Hopefully, it won't be too hard on her.

This is Day 3 of my rehab.

I went through 2 nights of sleep, well almost sleep. I did not get the vivid dreams that everyone is talking about. In the morning, I dont't feel as rested as I am when I smoke before bed.

One positive effect is the absence of munchies at night. It will hopefully on the scale and in the mirror.

I am hoping for improvement in:

-Structuring my thought
    -Short and mid term memory
    -Motivation to do things and pursue them
    -More vitality and less couching.

I don't dread tonight as much as the first night, which is good. I know I can go through it despite not sleeping well.

Hi Jaog!

Good for you You have definitely made a good start!

Other people who have quit have said that sleep can be difficult for a while, but it sounds as though you are handling it okay.

It is great that you are not dreading your evening as much tonight. I think that 'better the devil you know' applies in this case too. Quitting weed is actually not too bad, and much less troublesome if you don't struggle and fight the withdrawals.

I know exactly what you mean about regretting smoking when you are high. I used to hate that initial feeling of 'whoosh' when I would have a smoke after a period of abstinence. I think it is our subconscious telling us that this is no good for us.

I hope that you will find all those benefits and more! I have definitely not regretted getting clean. My brain works so much better, and I am more able to handle stressful or difficult situations now. It does require some input from you. You need to put the work in to make your life better, but it is definitely a lot easier without weed. I feel like I take one step after the other to improve my life, rather than being all over the shop when I was smoking.

Baby steps Jaog!! I hope your evening goes well and that you get a little sleep tonight. Have a great evening!

Cheers,
    Alice

Thanks for your kind words Alice, they are really helpful, soothing and motivating.

My pleasure Jaog!! If your post had a 'like' button on it, I would like it

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising