+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 5 weeks in, 35 yrs old, 17 years smoking

It's been a few weeks, so I thought I would check in and let you and the forum know how I'm doing.

I had a relapse on Friday night, I was on a first date and ended up going back to her apartment. I had told her I had recently quit smoking to which she told me that she might be a bad influence. I told her that it was fine, that she could smoke and I wouldn't, but ended up taking one hit off the vaporizer. I was drunk and feeling desperate for intimacy, so I believe those things influenced my decision in the moment, but oh well, it is what it is. It was part of a series of not so great decisions that night, but I am not being too hard on myself about it. Shit happens, I'll pick up from here and continue to move forward. I'm telling this story for accountability purposes but also because I think it may help others to know that no one is perfect and it doesn't mean I'm giving up on this effort.

For a long time (while I was smoking) I thought I really wanted a girlfriend who also was a stoner, but now I think that's a bad idea. I'm still adjusting to all this new me stuff.

This week I'm putting my focus on being professional at work and being engaged in my job even though I feel very unmotivated. I'm working on practicing ACT and not let my thoughts control my actions.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

I've relapsed about 3 times before being clean this long (391 days). Like you said, just move forward.

Hi there DNM,

Sorry to hear that you relapsed, but I think that maryjane is right, you just need to keep moving forward. It is a journey, and if you learned something to help you next time that kind of situation arises, then good for you!

It does take time to adjust. I am so happy that you are working on ACT. It is a good one!

It is always hard when someone comes into our lives who is a bad influence on us. That temptation from people smoking around us can take a long time to get past, so don't beat yourself up about it!

Cheers,
    Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising