+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Day 57 - Despondent - depressed - lost lost lost.

Default Day 57 - Despondent - depressed - lost lost lost.

Day 57 post quitting here.
    As an alternative to opiates, the docs had me on 12mg THC every 4 hours, 24/7 for 5 months after a medical procedure.
    Is this a lot?
    I think that is serious saturation.

Have been with Naturopaths, etc. Was taking Melatonin, Tryptophan, Theanine, Gaba, Aurum, and a shelf of supplements, plus Tylenol Ext, etc. Slowly reducing everything. Plus acupuncture, etc.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Miserable.
    Can't remember the last time I felt happy or smiled.
    I thought I'd be back to "normal" by now.

Some here have mentioned 6 months.
    That seems like a long long way off.

Symptoms are as usual, insomnia, loss of appetite, night sweats finally gone though only sleep 2 hours at a time, etc, etc.

But the worse is feeling absolutely lost. . .lost. . . lost. . . . . lost. . . .

What happened to my brain?
    Did the THC rewire my entire being?

Kinda like the movie "Castaway" with Tom Hanks.

Wilson . . !!!!!. . . . .

Anyway. Thanks for having a forum to share.
    j

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hey Retired,

Congrats on 57 days!! That is amazing :-) You are doing so well!

In answer to your question 'what happened to my brain? did the THC rewire my entire being?' I actually think you might be onto something there. The cannabis causes large amounts of dopamine to be released, each and every time that we smoked. That is what made you feel so good. As dopamine is the neurotransmitter related to 'reward' and also survival, it takes time to rewire your brain, that is used to huge flooding doses of dopamine.

I remember being about the same amount of time quit as you, and wondering if I would ever get better? Would my brain be so lacklustre forever? Had I broken my brain? It turned out that I had not, but I did need to be patient (It didn't take too long though).

The good news is that your dopamine pathways will normalise over time. When all the dopamine receptors that opened up when you were smoking close down or die off, and you build your new neural network, you will feel pleasure in small things again.

It is understandable that you feel lost though.

It reminds of the saying 'if you are going through hell, keep going!'

Good luck!

Thanks for the support and encouragement.

I tended to think that THC withdrawal time and "complete" recovery would be very short for me since I was only on it for 5 months.
    But the saturation level was complete with consumables, 12 mg "every" 3-4 hours, 24/7 for 5 months.

I don't know if that saturation level is the equivalent of a recreational user for many years and now getting off THC.

Because my THC use time was short compared to others here, even though at very high dosage, will my dopamine pathways normalize quicker?

Understanding more about what I'm going through helps me cope.

Thanks for the help everyone.

No worries.

I don't know the answer to your question, specifically. I suggest that you google it, or ask your psychiatrist the next time you see him / her.

Sorry I can't be more help! It definitely helped me to understand what I was going through too, but to find specific information for my situation, I had to hunt for the information. We have too small a group to be ready with the answer you need!

Let us know how you are going.

Cheers,
    Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising