+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to quit

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme373 View Post
    Thank you Alice. I think during my probation itís best I donít turn down the hours so that I can pass the 3 month probation and get a contract, after that maybe I can lessen it slightly if needed.
    Itís crazy how quick things are changing for me since I quit marijuana.
    The main things Iím worrying about is will they like me, will I fit in and will I be good at the job.
    Congrats on getting the job! Always a confidence booster when an employer says "Yes". Those main worries you state (being liked, fitting in, doing well), quite normal for anyone. Would be abnormal to not have such worries. As for the likelihood of extra hours, I have to agree with what Alice said...I actually think that being out at work for 30 hours a week might help a lot with the paranoia and anxiety, as that kind of isolation and nothingness can feed those mental states. Distraction and being occupied can help a lot. Does anyone sum things up as well as Alice?

Good luck Thisisme!

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Thank you Hyzer. Iím pleased but also so nervous about it, the job involves a lot of customer service and I am a very shy person, I also do over analyse things a lot so Iím worried that about my new co workers liking me, any advice on this from anyone would be much appreciated.

Anyone got any advice? Iím worried about the probation period as they might not like me and can get rid of me at any time during those 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme373 View Post
    Anyone got any advice? Iím worried about the probation period as they might not like me and can get rid of me at any time during those 3 months.
    Hey there thisisme,

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Lots going on for you! And being in a "compromised state of mind" doesn't make it any easier.

Starting a new job is one of the most stressful things in life. I think what you are feeling is perfectly natural.
    Remember, they actually did choose YOU for the job. So you are off to a good start.

I would focus on learning the job first and doing your best at it. Give yourself some time. Be yourself. Ask questions. Don't overthink stuff. Don't expect to like or love it right away. A lot of work places can have drama in them...keep yourself out of it. Let the drama happen around you.

And, you can still look for other jobs if you are unhappy with this one! But you will be in a better place looking because you already do have a job.

Hang in there! Let us know how it is going.
    John

Done my first day today, it was ok, loads of training, felt a bit overwhelming meeting new people I was a little shy but smiled a lot, few little awkward moments but overall I did as well as I could, I feel totally shattered now as not used to getting up early and was a lot to take in today, got the next 3 days then hopefully a couple days off, my eyes look so drained lol I ainít gonna lie though I feel like Iím dreading being on shop floor.

Another thing I havenít mentioned that makes me situation a bit tougher is I have a scar across my neck from a accident that happened a few years ago, itís still a red/pinkish colour, it may seem silly to some people but Iím self conscious about it, nobody has noticed it yet but I feel anxious about it and donít really want to be asked about it by colleagues or customers, donít want people feeling sorry for me.
    Iíve done second day, it was ok but Iím sleeping poorly, I seem to keep waking up middle of night or early hours to check time on my phone then I feel exhausted in the morning which is making the job tougher, even taking a zopiclone 3.75mg tablet didnít really help as I still woke through the night/morning, feeling bit burnt out.

One day at a time. I know that poor sleep is terrible. Really makes the day miserable. Are you exercising? Meditating?
    Not sure what to say about the scar.... something you'll just have to become comfortable with I guess. Would be too easy for me to say just put it out of your mind--lots of people have them, etc. But it's understandable if you are self conscious about it. But, it is part of who you are right now. So maybe embrace it?
    John

Well I done my first week and if Iím honest so far I feel itís not a job Iíll like, I canít help but feel paranoid about my scar and it seems to be a place where thereís loads of vindictive gossip, drama, brown nosing etc which Iím not a fan of. I found the first week very draining dealing with staff and customers, I even feel depressed now on my first day off about the thought of going back, maybe I need to give it more tome though.
    Last edited by Thisisme373; 01-25-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Too bad about the job. You can still look for another one. :-)

I think a big part of it is my neck scar aswell, itís holding me back confidence wise. Itís making me socially shy.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising