+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Looking to quit

Hey Thisisme,
    Congratulations on your next job interview / opportunity. I am so happy to hear this :-) And a warehouse job sounds like a great fit for you. 40 + hours is a lot, and it might turn out to be too much for you. Even if you go to the interview, get an offer and then take the job, which is a few steps away, you can always try it. If 40 hours is too much you will soon know and then you can ask them if they could possibly cut back your hours. Or find something else. I think that it is another opportunity to learn what actually works for you right now. Maybe you will be able to completely 'handle' 40 hours a week, and if so, great!

You make a good point that work will distract you, and it will certainly take your mind off things like anxiety / depression. Distraction is always good. I guess it will come with other pressures, not least the fact that you won't have a lot of down time to yourself to recharge. If you are an introverted person and I suspect that, like me, you are. You might need time to recharge your batteries after being 'out in the world.'

Be that as it may, it is a good opportunity and I think that the experience of even going through the process of the interview will be helpful to you. Everything is 'figureoutable.'

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Good luck on Friday and let us know how you go :-)
    Best,
    Alice :-)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Alice thank you for the reply.
    The thing is I would not be able to ask for the hours to be lowered.
    I feel like I might struggle but if I stay on benefits Iím losing money each month.
    Itís a tough decision but if offered the job maybe I should take the chance, maybe after a few weeks my body/sleep would adapt?

Hey Thisisme,
    I would really encourage you to go through the interview process as I think it will be good experience.
    For me personally jumping straight into 40 + hours per week would have been too much for me. It certainly was when I was still smoking cannabis.
    When I went back to work it was for 2 - 3 days a week, and I think that can be a good stepping stone to full time employment.
    You might adapt to 40 hours and your body and sleep might adapt too, but it might be quite stressful.
    You said that you don't want to stay on benefits. Sometimes the positive aspects of a job make the negatives (as above) worthwhile. If you need the money of a full time job then that would be a good reason to consider taking it.
    It is also in an area that is interesting to you, so I think it is worth considering.
    Good luck in your interview today!

Hi Alice thanks for the reply.
    The interview didnít go great in the end.
    Quite a weird one really as first of all the interview was going very well and they liked me (booked me in for a second interview)
    the issue came when I was then going through paperwork with the HR lady as I lied a bit on my CV/Application as I thought it would look bad that Iíve not worked for 3 years due to depression.
    She started saying they would need bank statements etc as proof, so I had to confess that I lied as I was embarrassed about my situation (with depression), she was annoyed and said it was dishonest, they have still asked me to come to the second interview but I think Iíve blown my chances with this job. I didnít think they would be so thorough with the background checks. Itís going to even feel quite embarrassing going back there next week.

Hey Thisisme,
    You are probably right about the fact that lying is probably not the best plan, but I think you have learnt that now. Onwards and upwards!
    Although it might be hard to go back there and face these people, I hope that you will be compassionate to yourself about your mistake and hold your head high knowing that you have done a great job quitting cannabis and making progress with your depression.
    What I want to say to you is: 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'. I certainly wouldn't be writing this job opportunity off at this point, because they have asked you back for a second interview, but I do think no matter what the outcome, it is good experience, and I sincerely hope that you learn something valuable from this process.
    Hope you are having a fantastic day and have a great week too :-)
    xx Alice!

Hi Alice, yes I donít like lying but letís be honest if I apply for jobs saying Iíve been out of work for 3 years with depression they are most likely going to turn me away so what choice do I have really?
    I just feel so stressed about everything now, itís going to be so strange going to this second interview after they know Iíve lied.

Hi thisisme,
    I appreciate that you feel stressed, it is understandable. I would just say that worrying about is not going to achieve anything. It is just going to make you more and more stressed, and this is not going to help you in your second interview. My advice to you is when that 'thought' comes up about the fact that you lied, simply say 'thanks mind. I am having the thought that. . . ' and use this as a way to defuse the thought and try to get some distance from it.
    You don't know what the outcome of this interview is going to be, and worrying about it is not going to make it any easier for you.

With the three year break, could you put another spin on it? Some kind of half truth? Were you studying to become a better person, were you just ill? It is no ones business what kind of illness you have. That is what I say when people ask where whole chunks of my life have gone: 'I got ill'. What the illness was is absolutely none of their business.
    You could put a positive spin on it by saying that you managed your illness in such a way that you are now fit and able to work, albeit at a reduced load. I still think jumping straight into full time work might be too much.
    Good luck and let us know how you go!

So I didnít get the job, probably for the best as there was too many lies it was all a mess. Iíve just felt so run down the last few weeks, the last two nights Iíve really struggled to get to sleep due to stressing, Iíve even thought once or twice that I canít take all this anymore, I feel like I just need a break in life.

hey Thisisme,
    Sorry you didn't get the job. I really do feel like it is 'for the best' as 40 hour weeks would probably be a bit of a stress on you at the moment.

I hear that you are feeling run down and stressed out. In terms of feeling run down, I am wondering how your diet is? Do you eat quite a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables? What have you been eating lately? Stress can also make us feel tired. If you are having trouble sleeping, I would suggest maybe some dense protein before bed. I find that a boiled egg on toast can really help me to get to sleep, especially if I am stressing. It is perfectly normal for our minds to race a bit sometimes. I haven't read the article, yet, but apparently this is a thing, so you are not alone!

I also hear that you are at your wits end, and feel like you need a break. By 'break' do you mean a rest, or do you mean some kind of 'chance'? If you need rest, then please rest. I understand that you are having difficulty with these thoughts that are crowding out your mind and stressing you out. As uncomfortable as they are, you can learn to not pay attention to them. They are just thoughts, not commands and they can't 'hurt' you. Have you ever tried doing mindfulness meditation? It can be very relaxing and can also help you to not let your thoughts bother you. The 'Smiling Mind' app is a great one. The speaker has an Australian accent, but it is free. Alternatively the Headspace app is also good (from the UK), but after 10 sessions you need to pay.

These kinds of mental skills are like muscles and the more we exercise the easier it will get. We can rewire our brains and we can learn to think differently, but it does take a little effort, focus and repitition in the beginning.

Please feel that you can always come here to vent or to share your feelings. Don't bottle this up and keep it to yourself. We are here for you!!

Best,
    Alice :-) xx

Hi Alice thank you for the reply.
    By getting a break I mean getting a chance, like a chance at a decent job where I will feel comfortable and things go well for once.
    Iím gonna be honest I know absolutely nothing about meditation, I might try one of those apps, I definitely need to try something, I feel so burnt out, so tired, so stressed.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising