+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Looking to quit

Hi Thisisme,
    I guess 'luck' is like that. You can't force it to happen. But you are doing all the right things and one the biggest skills I think we can learn is that of persistence, or the ability to keep trying, to keep picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and giving it another go. It has helped me a lot in my career.
    I feel like you have had some good breaks so far, two job interviews in as many weeks and one that you actually got. I guess it will take a little patience to find the right job for you, where you are the right fit for them, but if you keep going I know you will find that sweet spot.

I would really encourage you to try one of those mindfulness apps. Especially if you feel 'burnt out, tired and stressed'. It may take a few weeks, but it will really help you a great deal.

What are your plans for the week? Got any more jobs you are looking at? Or just looking for others?
    Best,
    Alice

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hello everyone, I ainít been great to be honest Iíve had some bad stress, I was 3 months and 3 weeks clean but I did smoke with my friend the last two days, I was that down and stressed that I gave in to the temptation so now I have to start again. If Iím honest I donít feel massively guilty as Iíve had a really crap month and needed some relief.

hi Thisisme,
    Sorry to hear you have been feeling stressed, and had a crappy month. In my experience it can be hard to come back from one or two smokes after quitting.

It also sounds like you could really use some help in coping with stress and uncomfortable thoughts and feelings. Would you consider finding a psychologist that you could see locally? The ability to weather these storms and to remain moving forward towards your values would be greatly enhanced by getting some outside help.

Quitting cannabis is one of the best first steps you can take for your mental health as it provides the foundation that everything else can grow from. However, it sounds like you are struggling to manage some of the challenges of the real world, and I would really encourage you to consider working on these coping skills at the same time, so that you find a place in the world where you feel happy and successful.

Best,
    Alice :-)

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme373 View Post
    Hello everyone, I ainít been great to be honest Iíve had some bad stress, I was 3 months and 3 weeks clean but I did smoke with my friend the last two days, I was that down and stressed that I gave in to the temptation so now I have to start again. If Iím honest I donít feel massively guilty as Iíve had a really crap month and needed some relief.
    The main thing is not to give up, if there was a breakdown - nothing terrible, but henceforth try to prevent it. Honestly, I will say it on my own, then you start looking for shitty in every day in order to return to the old habit. And so more and more often, and then imperceptibly you are again in it. Therefore, do not allow your addiction and your distorted habit to be conscious of controlling you, be stronger than this and you will definitely succeed!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising