+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to quit

Well today is first day having none until Saturday, I do feel scared & worried but it needs to be done canít go on living like this, Iíll have to look into Bioceuticals Alice if they can help, really hope I can get through this week ok.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Well scrap this I have a bit left so gonna finish my bud I got left then have a break, had mega stressful day

Hi Thisisme,

Don't be scared. Starting and thinking about starting is actually the hardest part. Once you are in the middle, experiencing the withdrawal effects, all you need to do is keep going, but thankfully you don't have to start again!

I would encourage you to keep working on your mindset by reading other people's experiences with quitting, especially success stories. It may also help to journal or write on this board to help you process your thoughts and feelings.

You are doing two things that I noticed myself doing towards the beginning of my journey. You are flip flopping - saying that you are going to take a break, then changing your mind and smoking. You are also trying to control your use by only smoking on Saturdays. I had dreams of being able to do that once, too. I am sorry to say that for most people it is a pipe dream (in a sense). It never worked for me. Cannabis is an all or nothing game, once you become addicted.

The good news is that life can get better if you do keep stepping up and making attempts to quit. I know that right now, you are high and you probably feel good and you are all like 'yeah, yeah, it will be fine'. There are a few hard yards to go through, but life without pot is amazing. It is so great to have control of my life and to have balanced emotions and not be living with this monkey on my back. One of the worst things about addiction is that it is not a choice, you have to just keep feeding it and I think that it degrades your self esteem with time.

I hope that this helps in some way. Don't be scared. Starting is the hardest part, and if you find yourself getting bored, try to distract yourself by reading other people's quitting stories. It is by far the best medicine!

Good luck
    Alice

PS. Don't forget to read this again when you are not high!! I think that a lot of the intention gets lost when you read it and you are stoned!

Just found my old thread haha, Well Iím trying to quit for good now, 11 days clean.

Well today has sucked, had a bit of a crap sleep (again) took me about hour and a half or two hours to get to sleep and then woke up early but could not get back to sleep, head felt heavy and anxious.
    I then just feel super paranoid, anxious, depressed, lethargic all day, I took one l-tyrosine 500mg tablet (which is meant to help restore dopamine) which at first gave me a weird head rush made me feel more alert for about 1 hour then I just felt back to normal but with a bit of a headache, I donít actually feel cravings to go back to weed but just getting fed up of feeling so god damn depressed and anxious, also the not sleeping is doing my head in. Itís sad to see how much weed has ****ed my brain up.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Talking Hang Tough, it's gonna take a while

I only had about 4 hours sleep last night myself approaching day 90.....remodeling my shower so was up till late and then up early thinking about it all.
    hang in there, you have got past 10 days and that's something!
    next it will be 20, 30, 40, and so on!
    feels like years but overall feeling better.

i'm approaching 90 days and having life throw a maximum of junk at me right now.
    It sucks I'll agree.
    I was high mostly to relieve stress/anxiety and now i have to face it sober...it's challenging for sure!

I'm the type of person who is wound up pretty tight...so if i can do it (quit), anyone can!

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme373 View Post
    Well today has sucked, had a bit of a crap sleep (again) took me about hour and a half or two hours to get to sleep and then woke up early but could not get back to sleep, head felt heavy and anxious.
    I then just feel super paranoid, anxious, depressed, lethargic all day, I took one l-tyrosine 500mg tablet (which is meant to help restore dopamine) which at first gave me a weird head rush made me feel more alert for about 1 hour then I just felt back to normal but with a bit of a headache, I donít actually feel cravings to go back to weed but just getting fed up of feeling so god damn depressed and anxious, also the not sleeping is doing my head in. Itís sad to see how much weed has ****ed my brain up.
    Eleven days into quitting is HUGE! It's gonna be a grind and hopefully your withdrawal falls into the more average length of a few weeks to a month. If that's the case then you're almost 50% through it - well on the way. Stick with it, even it does take longer. You will feel good in many ways once it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzer29 View Post
    Eleven days into quitting is HUGE! It's gonna be a grind and hopefully your withdrawal falls into the more average length of a few weeks to a month. If that's the case then you're almost 50% through it - well on the way. Stick with it, even it does take longer. You will feel good in many ways once it's over.
    Thank you buddy, today has been a bit better which is good, I donít have any temptations to smoke which is good, I will be sticking it out, thank you for the support, I will update in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme373 View Post
    Thank you buddy, today has been a bit better which is good, I donít have any temptations to smoke which is good, I will be sticking it out, thank you for the support, I will update in here.
    Glad to hear yesterday was better for you. Keep that in mind. What got me through rough times was remembering that it never remains 100% bad. I had to do that a lot. Hour by hour, then day after day. Then there'd be longer periods of feeling good that would grind to a halt and I'd have to give myself that reminder again. Sometimes I wouldn't believe my own reminder but it always proved true. Still does.

Oh, I'm gonna have to back off that earlier post I made. Eleven days into quitting is big, not HUGE. You saying, "I donít have any temptations to smoke" is HUGE. Many successful and unsuccessful quitters can never say that. And the way you so casually typed "I will be sticking it out" is even HUGER. Forgive that grammar, please.

Yeah I have to say at the moment (day 14) I honestly donít have any desire to smoke, I have had some anxiety and depression but overall today has been a good day, I notice I am a lot more sociable off weed.
    I am aware I have a long way to go though yet and can not get complacent.
    How long are you off weed pal? And how are you finding it?

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising