+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Looking to quit

Hey Thisisme,

Hope you start to feel a bit less shattered soon too. If you feel sleepy during the day, maybe you should go with it? I have heard that sleep is so restorative for addiction withdrawal. I think you are right about pushing the toxins out. It is actually a lot of work that your body is doing going through withdrawal. Do you have the luxury to be able to nap during the day? What do you do for work?
    So good to hear you aren't getting cravings. But I am sorry you are feeling so crappy. As crappy as those depression / brain fog / anxiety / fear / paranoia is, I think it indicates to you what cannabis was doing to you. So you have so much to gain from letting yourself heal.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Rest up and take care!
    Alice :-)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Alice I am not working at the moment I donít think I could do this if I was working to be honest as I have been really bad some days.
    I agree with you marijuana has really screwed me up, I actually got a decent sleep last night but I woke up feeling some intense anxiety and depression, just hope all this passes.

It will pass. I am so glad that you have the opportunity to flake out during the day - as you are not working.
    Take care of yourself. It can be a worthy pursuit in itself! A good night sleep is hopefully an indication of good things to come :-)

Default Hanging in there?

How are you feeling?

Hi Alice I did have a 1 good day few days ago where I felt better but have to say I feel severely depressed and lethargic today but Iím gonna push myself to go the gym, thank you for checking on me that means a lot honestly.

I got some melatonin 1mg tablets online and tried one last night it had a weird effect on me, it actually made me fall asleep quicker but then I was waking up every 2-3 hours??
    Maybe I should cut the tablet in half and try it later?
    Anyone have experience with melatonin?
    25 days clean now.

Hey Thisisme,

Have only tried melatonin on an overseas trip to help with jetlag.
    I am notoriously prone to bad experiences with any kind of sleep aid. I think it is the medication that I take. It always backfires. I can't even drink a sleepy time tea at night without it impacting on my sleep.
    Cutting the tablet in half sounds like a good idea. It might also just take a little while for your body to get used to the effect.
    You know your own body best.
    Does anyone else have any experience with melatonin?
    Congrats on 25 days!!

:-) Alice

Hi Thisisme (and Alice),

I've been reading about your journey, Thisisme.

The early days really are the worst and it will get better as time goes by. Like Alice says, everybody seems to have a different timeline for feeling better. One of my biggest problems was (and still is a little bit) insomnia. I have read in serveral different places that this is the symptom that seems to linger the longest--up to a year and a half! This was not what I wanted to read in the early days of my quit when I had so much trouble sleeping. But, I put it right in the back of my mind, taking solace in the fact that it is a typical withdrawal symptom and that it will get better. Reading about and listening to other people's experiences were very helpful to me in this regard.

So, the way to go is one day (hour, 5 minutes, etc) at a time. Getting your mind in this mindset can be very helpful. It is only natural to want to feel better as quickly as possible but this can really exacerbate the anxiety. Go easy on yourself. You are going through a tough time.

I stopped using cannabis this past January 1 after a good 18 years of almost daily use. When I think back to the early days, I was a wreck. Zero appetite for a month +, my brain was out of control with constant thoughts all over the place, like zapping thoughts, digestive stuff, etc. I feel sooooooo much better than I did. But it happened in stages.* So while you focus on a day at a time, having a short term point in mind is good I think. Like you say 6 weeks is not so far off from 17 days--and now 25 days! Then 2 months, 3 months, etc. Be patient....

Alice talks about actively rewiring your brain. I think this is very important. Overall, I think the more proactive you are in recovery the better. It is not always easy but just keep at it. Someone at a Marijuana Anonymous meeting said to me once, "You will have to learn how to exist cannabis free." Relationships, work, free time, etc. So it really is learning (or relearning) a way of being. Creating the next version of yourself. Looks like you already have activities that you enjoy, so that's a good thing!

Excercise was a huge help to me--swimming laps and weight training, and a few aerobic classes. I also saw an accupuncturist/traditional medicine practiotioner which helped a lot.

Anyway, melatonin. I tried some a few times. I cut 5mg pills in half. (This is a fairly high dose). It made me more sleepy but didn't really help me fall asleep. So I only used them 4 or 5 times. But it seems like it did help you to fall asleep. They do make an extended release version which is designed to help keep you asleep.

Hang in there my friend! The withdrawal process really does suck but it will get better and it really is worth it!

Keep us updated
    John

Hi John thank you for the very helpful reply also itís nice to know that my thread is being read.
    Yeah the first 9-10 days for me were horrible, itís still been difficult but not as bad, I did try the 0.5mg melatonin last night and I slept ok but woke up very early like 7am and couldnít not get back to sleep but feel well rested which is weird but my mood feels better today.
    I also find the gym helps me a lot I do weights and swimming there, then go in the steam room/saunas.
    Thatís good advice that I need to just try not worry about feeling back to normal so much as it will take time, I do still have brain fog/depression/anxiety/sleeping issues but when I think about it I werenít much happier when I was smoking everyday and as you say things will get better, itís good to know you feel a lot better John and you did so well to knock weed on the head, also Alice thank you aswell for youíre reply and support, the messages from you and everyone help me so much.
    26 days down now good thing is I donít have any urges to smoke.

I think Iím not going to use melatonin anymore as I actually feel I sleep better without them, I will probably just give them to one of my family members or chuck them, I really donít like how they make me wake up way too early and it feels impossible to get back to sleep, I can just feel that they donít react well with me, my head hurts in the morning. Iím going to doctors Tuesday so will ask about them quetiapine tablets and hopefully the doctors will help me out and not be awkward.
    Something thatís bugging me is I keep getting so paranoid and emotional about things, im over analysing what people think of me and when speaking to certain friends/family members Iím keep worrying how Iíve come across or if they like me, I wish I could stop worrying about everything, I wish I could be rich and just live in the middle of nowhere away from everything and everyone.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising