+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Looking to quit

Ya, the melatonin gave me a "big head" in the morning too.

Will you tell (have you told) your doctor about quitting weed? I happened to get a new doctor just as I was quitting and I told him everything. About 6 months into it I had a particularly rough bout with insomnia so I made an appointment (of course, by the time I actually saw him a week later it had improved, but I kept the appt. anyway). He prescribed Trazodone for sleeping. It's actually an older anti depressant with a side effect of sleepiness so many docs prescribe it for sleeping, especially if the insomnia might be linked to depression. I took it on and off for a few weeks and it helped. Then I took it for 2 weeks straight and it was pretty good. I was sleeping well and felt good. But then one night something inside of me just didn't want to take it anymore. So I stopped. It took 4 or 5 days to get out my system. I think I didn't want to become dependant on another substance as I have read that many rx's come with their own side effects and withdrawal stuff. Just something you might want to consider.

Maybe you should explore Traditional Medicine and find a reputable practioner? This helped me.

Wishing you good melatonin-free sleep!
    John

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi John took me about an hour to get to sleep but I slept not too bad really, I do feel really tired still though but need to get up.
    What traditional medicines did you you find helped and sorry to sound dumb but by reputable practitioner do you mean like the Chinese herbal shops etc? Iíve always thought they would be a waste of money, I know valerian root is meant to be ok but I bought it in the past 500mg pills and didnít find it did anything really.

Default stability is key

Hi Thisisme,
    Will be interested to read what John says about his experience. From my perspective, I would be careful, very careful about trying fad or alternative medicines in your current situation. With less than a month under your belt, I would suggest that an alternative medicine could throw your neurochemistry even more off balance. I have had some pretty freaky experiences with alternative, particularly Chinese medicines, they can be strong and sometimes dangerous.

In my opinion nothing is as good as eating a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables and proteins to keep you feeling full (as a drop in blood sugar can bring on cravings), exercise and sleep. Obviously, you are not quite there yet in terms of sleep and perhaps exercise is too much to ask at the moment. By all means talk to your dr about these things (can you?), but I don't feel that now is a good time for experimentation with neurochemistry. Especially medicine that is not evidence based. Stability is key.

Cheers,
    Alice :-)

Hey Thisisme,

Here is a link to the person I went to. Not that you would go to her as I think you live in the UK, but you can read her page and get a feel for what she does. If the link does not work, just google Laurel Doyle Morro Bay, California or go to www.healthprofs.com directly.

https://www.healthprofs.com/us/acupu...-bay-ca/541333

I went to her about 2 months after I quit. She did Bioresonance readings and found out some stuff with my digestion and that I was low on GABA. I was also having some acid reflux issues. I had already started taking a Complete Vitamin B complex, which I continue to take. She suggested L-gluatamine to support digstive tract health and something for my reflux, which is all but gone now. I'm sure quitting smoking weed has helped with the reflux. And also eating healthier, vitamin rich foods. Her accupuncture sessions were really good too.

She also gave me a product called Gabatone, which has Valerian root, Passionflower, L-theanine, a very low dose of lithium orotate, vitamin B6, magnesium, zinc, and manganese. This combination is to help the body produce GABA on its own. I took this off and on for a while and it actually helped ease my anxiety and helped a bit with my insomnia.
    I also took some L-theanine supplements which helped a little too.

I took St. John's Wort for about a month at around 6 months after quitting (which I kind of liked) but then switched to the Trazodone, which as I mentioned earlier, I only took for a short while.

I know Alice has mentioned she had a bad experience with some nootropic stuff. While I think some of the stuff I took might fall somewhere under the nootropic umbrella, I think it was pretty mild as far as what's out there. But again, everybody's different so I would not go trying things willy nilly. But if you can find a good practioner it might be worth at least an evaluation.

Please understand that I am not "pushing" any of this. Just telling my story for information. :-)

So there ya have it. Hope this helps in some way. Meanwhile I guess you are approaching 1 month weed free. Something to feel good about!
    John

Thank you Alice and John for the replies and advice they are greatly appreciated.
    For now I will continue eating well, going gym few days a week and see if my doctor will prescribe me a proven sleep aid that I will only take on 2-3 separated days through the week as I do not want to become dependant on them.
    Yeah I am 30 days clean now will be a month tomorrow which I am proud of, hopefully things will improve more soon, I still have the lethargic brain feeling and kind of a lost feeling but I will go the gym in a bit it usually helps, hope you are both well.

Hey there,
    Doing well, thanks. Congrats on a month clean. The first month is the hardest. You are doing so well.
    It is great to hear that you can talk to your doctor about your sleep.
    I know exactly what you mean about the lethargic brain feeling and also feeling lost. As uncomfortable as those things are, if you are able to make your peace with feeling a bit crap for a while, and allowing room for these uncomfortable feelings to 'be', the reality is that they are temporary and will pass.
    Hope you enjoyed the gym! I have been going more lately too, and running in the park. It always gives me a bit of a lift.
    Have a good day!

Well I seen the doctors today and bloody hell the doctor I seen was difficult, he really did not want to give me anything to help my sleep he kept saying itís because Iím not working that I struggle to sleep, he kept trying to say I need to get back into work and it would help, I know work helps tire you out but I told him I am going the gym a lot, he was trying to put me on some get back into work program and I was telling him that my anxiety/depression is going through the roof and I do not feel ready yet, he may have been trying to help but I found he made me feel way worse, he gave me 14 Zopiclone 3.75mg pills in the end, I will use them 2-3 times a week, I feel crap today and the doctor tbh just made me feel worse, it felt like a 20 minute argument/debate, anyways Iím going for a walk in the woods now which will hopefully de stress me a bit, 31 days down now, longest I have been weed free in 10 years.

Hey Thisisme,

To be perfectly honest with you, it sounds like you might need to find a new doctor. I feel like you need someone who is compassionate and sees things from your point of view. When we are doing things like giving up a substance addiction, it is so super important to have people in our corner who will support us, and I just get the feeling that your doctor is not very helpful.
    I know that many doctors are hesitant to give out sleep medication, because it can be addictive, but in the case of cannabis withdrawal, it may be that the benefits outweigh the risks. It is good to hear that you got some medicine in the end that might help. Hope that it helps you.
    Let us know how it goes! Hope you enjoyed your walk.

Hi Alice yes when I book the doctors again in the future I will make sure it is not with him, he actually bugged me quite a bit, at least I got some tablets but it was a lot of hassle, my walk did help my mood thank you Alice I hope you are well.

I don't know about you, Thisisme, but I find a lot of benefit of spending the time and effort to find a doctor that you can trust and respect and then building a professional relationship with them. If they know you, they are more likely to be compassionate and keep your best interests in mind. Is that possible in your area? It is understandable that your latest visit bugged you!
    Glad to hear your walk did some good. I am doing well thanks!

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising