+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Looking to quit

Iím feeling extreme depression and anxiety today, I feel mega down itís horrible.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Sorry to hear thisisme,
    Can you think of anything you can do that would just 'nudge' you towards feeling a bit happier?
    Something that I find works very well when I am feeling awfully blue is to get out and do something out of the house. You could hang out with a friend for a while, see a movie, go to an art exhibition. The trick here is to do something that 'distracts' you from your bad mood. If you spend an hour or so doing something else, you are likely to feel much better afterwards.
    Sometimes I find that even reading a few chapters in a book can distract me enough to get over the sadness, but if it is stronger you might need to take more action.

It is 'action' that helps in this situation. Action helps to activate your left frontal lobe and this area of your brain helps with depression and sadness. As for the anxiety, hiding and avoiding the things that make you anxious is going to make you feel worse, much worse. So, I would suggest to take action and do something that distracts you.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Let us know how you go. Hope your day gets better.
    Alice :-)

Sorry to hear.
    I wonder if you are feeling any better today.

Have you thought about seeing a therapist? And/or looking to see if you have a Marijuana Anonymous meeting nearby? Both of these helped me quite a bit. Marijuana Anonymous has a very informative website and I think has online meetings if there isn't one near you. The support from MA and a therapist was really helpful to me.

Hope today is going better for you.
    John

Hi Alice and John thanks for the replies.
    I feel a bit better today although yesterday was bad I felt all achy, demotivated, headache, and bad paranoia/anxiety/depression.
    Unfortunately there are no MA meetings near me in UK, when are these online meetings held?
    I slept better last night so my symptoms do feel less bad, I have quite a few family get togethers in the next week which I feel like Iím dreading as certain family members I find very annoying and rude, I canít wait for them to be out of the way haha, hope you are both well, 36 days down now.
    Last edited by Thisisme373; 12-09-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme373 View Post
    Hi Alice and John thanks for the replies.
    I feel a bit better today although yesterday was bad I felt all achy, demotivated, headache, and bad paranoia/anxiety/depression.
    Unfortunately there are no MA meetings near me in UK, when are these online meetings held?
    I slept better last night so my symptoms do feel less bad, I have quite a few family get togethers in the next week which I feel like Iím dreading as certain family members I find very annoying and rude, I canít wait for them to be out of the way haha, hope you are both well, 36 days down now.
    Hi Thisisme,

I've been a few weeks away but upon returning I see that Alice and JWC (John) have since joined your thread. There are not two more sincere, caring and positive people on this forum. I leaned on them hard in my early days to great benefit. Thanks again Alice and JWC (John).

36 days weed free, after 10 years of weed captivity, is such a BIG accomplishment! I am saying that to boost you but also because it is true. Little windows of feeling better, even if they are open only for an hour or two every day or every other day, will become bigger windows that remain open more and more often. Each time you feel a bit better just tell yourself "this is the process" and let that sink in. Sort of like CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy). You train your mind to think and believe new things. There's not much that can make the lousy times better but just thinking and really believing that this process WILL bring you longer and more sustained periods of normalcy will bring some relief. Again, I say that not just to boost you but also because it is true. You'll see. Continue to hang tough.

Thank you Hyzer, I am having a tough time at the moment I feel very miserable today and some powerful paranoia.
    I didnít get a great sleep last night as some weird stuff was going on, I live in quite a rough neighbourhood, well around 1am someone was knocking my door, sounded like they was also messing with the letterbox or something, I went to the door and nobody was there but some rough looking guys at my neighbours door (he is rough too) leaving his house, I asked did someone knock the door and one guy came up to me quite close (he had red raw eyes) and said he did, I asked why whatís up? He said ďnothinĒ and walked off... this startled me a bit so I struggled to get back to sleep, very weird, Iíd like to move from here when I can.

Hang in there Thisisme,
    It can be a stressful time of year, with family get togethers and the pressure to enjoy Christmas, so I hope you will take it easy and not expect too much from yourself. It will be over soon enough, hopefully!
    Even though it sounds like you live in a rough neighbourhood, I hope that like Hyzer suggests, those windows of peace and feeling good get longer and bigger with time.
    Sounds like disrupted sleep affects you more than anything else. How is that medication that the doctor gave you going?

Thanks for the kind words Hyzer and welcome back! Good to see you :-)
    Alice

Hi Alice the medication does help but Iím not able to take it everyday as Iím advised not too also they only gave me 14 so I am going to have to try take them sparingly.
    I really do hate my area, itís rough and thereís a weird awkward tension between me and the neighbours, itís very obvious they donít like me but I also donít like them.
    I have no job and I feel like thereís no way out, i think this is why I also needed weed was to block out how I feel living here.
    One positive though is I have been seeing more family since being off weed, I never usually did I just always stayed in like a hermit.

Hey Thisisme,

I understand that you feel trapped. It can be so hard when we don't have the means to make changes. I dare say that the changes you are noticing with your family will also apply to finding a job. What kind of work did you used to do? What are your interests?
    It might sound a bit weak, but I believe that the first step out of unemployment is the hardest. I would really recommend finding some volunteer work, even if it is just one day a week, and particularly if it is in a field that interests you, but it could be anything. That is what I did to take the first step out of that hole of being unemployed and it really helped me to take the next step, and then the next.
    It is just helpful to get some structure, contacts and to get more 'work ready'. Eventually a job will make you feel so much better about yourself and you will have the money to make changes in your life.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Sounds like you need to get to another (more compassionate) doctor again soon?
    Cheers,
    Alice :-)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising