+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Looking to quit

Hi Alice, Iím actually already on anti depressants, Iím on citalopram 20mg, I just seem to be feeling extremely low past few days.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi thisisme,
    Glad to hear you have some help. Maybe you could talk to your doctor about what you are feeling and possibly increase the dose?
    I was thinking that the time of year for you in the UK might be challenging too. Is it dark and cold there right now? That might be affecting your mood too.
    I guess as you mentioned the fact is that you have been feeling low. The advice that I have got during these times, is to ask yourself if there is something small you can do to nudge your mood a little bit towards happiness? If not, then try not to struggle with your feelings, because that does make it worse. Acceptance will help a lot.
    Is there anything that helps a little bit?
    Cheers,
    Alice :-)

Hi thisisme,

Sorry to read about your ongoing struggle. Do you think you are feeling so bad because of not using cannabis or might it be side effects from your anti depressant? (or both perhaps?) Do you remember if you had any of the things you are feeling before using cannabis?

As I think I've said before, it took me a long while to feel better. And it happened little by little. Just this month I actually feel the best I've felt all year, but that's after just shy of a year cannabis free.

It is a difficult time of year here in the northern hemisphere. But, the days will now begin to get longer. At least in California we have sunshine pretty much all year. It's a mood booster.

Maybe you do need to reach out to your doctor and discuss your medication.

Remember, one day at a time and try to distract your mind with things that interest you.

Thinking of you,
    John

Thank you for the replies Alice and JWC. I am 54 days clean, I have been feeling a bit better. While I am confident that I will not be smoking it anytime soon, Iíd like to see how I feel after being clean for 6-9 months, I have to say Iíd be hoping to feel better than I am at the moment. I think one of the main issues is getting to sleep on the night, it feels far more difficult then when I smoked, itís the main thing that bothers me.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme373 View Post
    Thank you for the replies Alice and JWC. I am 54 days clean, I have been feeling a bit better. While I am confident that I will not be smoking it anytime soon, Iíd like to see how I feel after being clean for 6-9 months, I have to say Iíd be hoping to feel better than I am at the moment. I think one of the main issues is getting to sleep on the night, it feels far more difficult then when I smoked, itís the main thing that bothers me.
    I can very much relate to your sleep issues! My sleep is better than it has been all year. Not perfect, but much better. Lack of sleep was my number 1 issue. Is your anti depressant supposed to help with sleep?

Hi Thisisme
    I have not posted much but I have continued to follow your thread -"54 days clean, feeling a bit better, confident that you will not be smoking" all very nice to read from you. I think even before 6-9 months you're gonna be MUCH better.

Like JWC (John), I can very much relate to your sleep problems. Sleep was my biggest withdrawal symptom. At 54 days, sleep was just about a nightly issue. Daytime symptoms (anxiety, irritability) persisted, too, but I could keep busy in the daytime. With a goal of sleeping, it was kind of hard to keep busy in bed!

Thankfully, like John, sleep gradually got better, not perfect, but much better. Unlike John, who had/has a hard time falling sleep, I could usually fall asleep, the problem was waking in the night with anxiety, sort of panicky. It'll be one year for me Jan 10 and I will still get a night now and then where my sleep reverts back to the early months of withdrawal. It's like nothing I had before pot withdrawal, and because of how unique the sleep disturbance is, I know it's not just a bad night's sleep that anyone gets, it's PAWS.

May your next 54 days bring you increasingly better sleep.

Hyzer29

Thanks for the replies guys, my anti depressants donít help with sleep unfortunately.
    Another withdrawal symptom I have noticed is since 2-3 weeks of being clean my libido decreased big time, anyone else had this issue when quitting? How long until it returns to normal?
    Iím finding the day time issues are fading, Iím ok in the day really itís the sleep and my lack of libido thatís the issues at the moment.

Thanks for the replies guys, my anti depressants donít help with sleep unfortunately.
    Another withdrawal symptom I have noticed is since 2-3 weeks of being clean my libido decreased big time, anyone else had this issue when quitting? How long until it returns to normal?
    Iím finding the day time issues are fading, Iím ok in the day really itís the sleep and my lack of libido thatís the issues at the moment.
    Too bad about the anti depressants not helping with sleep. I have a friend who has been taking them for a few years now and he says he sleeps wonderfully.

Bummer about the libido. I can't really remember what mine was like at 54 days. I don't think it was very high--just too much other stuff going on. But I do remember just when I would kind of get concerned about lack of libido, it would come back for a while. It still comes and goes now but it could also be the way life is in one's early 50's :-)

It's encouraging that you are feeling better. Almost 2 months is great! It'll keep getting better little by little. It takes a while though.
    Hang in there!
    John

Hi JWC, I think Iím now going through the stage where everything feels so pointless and boring, did you get this, how long til it passed? Itís horrible.

Hi JWC, I think Iím now going through the stage where everything feels so pointless and boring, did you get this, how long til it passed? Itís horrible.
    Sorry that's where you are at. It does sound horrible. Still, even you say this is "a stage" so your head is on straight and you know you will not be stuck forever. I see references to how you are feeling on many lists of "cannabis withdrawal symptoms". Actually, I learned a new word when I hit withdrawal, anhedonia, which sure seems like the word for what you are feeling. I had many of the symptoms on the list of "cannabis withdrawal symptoms" but never anhedonia, thank goodness. The condition doesn't sound good but then none of the "cannabis withdrawal symptoms" do! Surely, like the other symptoms, this one will fade. I hope it fades rapidly for you.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising