+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to quit

Thank you for the reply Hyzer, I sure hope it does pass as itís not nice.
    Bit of an update. I have a job interview Saturday, I feel super nervous about it, I donít feel proper ready to go back into work but itís only 16hr a week and maybe couple extra hours if I need them. Maybe it will help me getting back into work and some structure in my life. I do feel really nervous about it though for sure.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme373 View Post
    Thank you for the reply Hyzer, I sure hope it does pass as itís not nice.
    Bit of an update. I have a job interview Saturday, I feel super nervous about it, I donít feel proper ready to go back into work but itís only 16hr a week and maybe couple extra hours if I need them. Maybe it will help me getting back into work and some structure in my life. I do feel really nervous about it though for sure.
    Good luck with the interview. Nervousness is appropriate for the situation, gets you to that alert mental stage that you want in an interview. I think this sounds good for where you are right now - a chance to ease into working with downtime to recover and adjust to the new structure. My fingers are crossed for you.

Another update. I now got called by a job I applied for before Xmas, itís more hours and better pay, itís getting confusing now as this job is better but the job interview is Tuesday morning, my other one is this coming Saturday, what shall I do? Iím worried if the part time one offers me the job that Iíll then have to cancel on them if I get the other job. Itís all a bit overwhelming and I feel exhausted now from worrying about it.

The issue is with the one with more hours is itís temporary but ongoing, the one with lesser hours is permanent and i do like the idea of job security.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisme373 View Post
    The issue is with the one with more hours is it’s temporary but ongoing, the one with lesser hours is permanent and i do like the idea of job security.
    All this seems good. From the sidelines, I like where this is going. Your worry about these employment situations makes sense. Job issues are probably in the top 5 of life's most stressful things so your anxiety is natural, perhaps enhanced by withdrawal(?), but still natural in its origin. Through all of your posts I never sensed you to be a person who lacks logic or who makes goofy decisions. You really do seem quite thoughtful so continue to thoughtfully weigh both employment situations and I'd say whatever you decide will make sense.

Thank you Hyzer. Iíve decided if offered that the part time one would be best for me to ease back into work and itís permanent, the other one is more p/h and 40 hours p/w but itís through agency and temporary which I donít like, I also think it might be a bit much as Iím certainly not feeling 100%.
    The good thing is if I was on weed I wouldnít of even applied for any job.
    My interview is tomorrow, Iíll be glad for it to be over to be honest haha I feel so anxious.

Hey Thisisme!
    So glad to hear that your life is gathering some momentum already! This is definitely one of the bonuses of quitting cannabis. The chips line up (if that is the right saying), I find. It is great to hear that you are taking these opportunities and running with them. I think the 16 hpw job sounds like the perfect step into the working world. I agree that 40 hpw might be a bit much to start with.

How do you feel that the interview went? As Hyzer mentioned, I think some anxiety can be a helpful thing and can help you to perfom better.
    Let us know how you are going? I am so happy to hear about these developments! It is only the beginning, in my experience :-)

Cheers,
    Alice

Thank you for the reply Alice, the 16 hr one seems like it will be a lot more than 16 hours. I have a big update in my life, I had the interview for the part-time permanent job, it was a very intense interview went on for about an hour, I felt I did very well in the interview, the job is contracted to 16 hours but they was saying Iíd more likely be doing 35-45 hours per week!! I got a call last night to say I got the job!! Itís good news however I am very nervous as my confidence is low/withdrawals still giving me paranoia/anxiety and about it being so many hours but hopefully I can adapt to it. I start on the 21st jan!

No worries Thisisme! And huge congratuations :-) I am so proud of what you are doing with your life. It is amazing!
    It is understandable to be nervous with change and a different way of life in front of you, and while it may take some getting used to, I believe that with your new found sobriety, you will be able to step up the challenge. I actually think that being out at work for 30 hours a week might help a lot with the paranoia and anxiety, as that kind of isolation and nothingness can feed those mental states I feel. Distraction and being occupied can help a lot.
    If you feel it is too much, you can always ask them to cut back the hours a bit, as I hope they would be able to be flexible, if they want you to work with them!
    And a permanent job too! That is so awesome :-) You are completely killing it!
    Best,
    Alice :-)

Thank you Alice. I think during my probation itís best I donít turn down the hours so that I can pass the 3 month probation and get a contract, after that maybe I can lessen it slightly if needed.
    Itís crazy how quick things are changing for me since I quit marijuana.
    The main things Iím worrying about is will they like me, will I fit in and will I be good at the job.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising